Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Real Madrid did something close while spending more. The CL isn't forgiving, it tells you who you are.
and the only manager who survived that was schuster under calderon, for 6 months...

in fact, perez himself didn't survive the first 2 times...

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Bayern and Real are in with a good chance at making the final.

Madrid are a strange team. They can win games without dominating, or without playing well at times. But they just know how find a way to win. Even during their last two triumphs, you wouldn't have said they were a historic side like Barcelona in 2009, 2011 or Bayern in 2013.
They just haven't faced strong sides though. It was Roma, Wolfsburg, City, Atletico last year. Napoli was never going to knock them out either. Only Bayern or Barca could knock out Real. The likes of Juve, PSG and Dortmund I also don't see beating Real over 2 legs in the latter stages of the knockout phase.

Wayne's World

Wenger should have left after he won the FA Cup a couple of seasons ago, he's completely stained his legacy at the club with time and time again embarrassment

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
and the only manager who survived that was schuster under calderon, for 6 months...

in fact, perez himself didn't survive the first 2 times...
And the presidents were toying with the club instead of focusing on the pitch.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They just haven't faced strong sides though. It was Roma, Wolfsburg, City, Atletico last year. Napoli was never going to knock them out either. Only Bayern or Barca could knock out Real. The likes of Juve, PSG and Dortmund I also don't see beating Real over 2 legs in the latter stages of the knockout phase.
Atletico weren't great last season? Also, juve are our true "black beast" in this competition. They eliminated us the last 3 times we met. They are also the 4th or 5th best team in the world and very nearly as good as us

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And the presidents were toying with the club instead of focusing on the pitch.
Perez was forced to resign in 2006. Calderon in 2009, though that wasn't for the on pitch results, he was doing shady stuff with the club memberships. He still would have been forced to resign because of the results though...

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Atletico weren't great last season? Also, juve are our true "black beast" in this competition. They eliminated us the last 3 times we met. They are also the 4th or 5th best team in the world and very nearly as good as us
Meh, Atletico bottle it against Real the last 3 years. I never trusted them to beat you. I also think the 14/15 Juventus team was better than this Juve team.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
De Laurentis going nuclear against the italian sports media on TV :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Stacks

Sanchez is a little cnut I do not want him anywhere near United.
This. Player with such mentality can feck off, smiling while your team getting hammered.
It was probably a laugh of disbelief. it happens sometimes. I have seen managers do it. When they are sooo shocked at how the team is doing they can only laugh. remember Lords Pogba and Zlatan were laughing, joking, signing autographs and dabbing when Chelsea smashed us. They were practically hoisting Chelsea players on their shoulders. it would be insane to not take Sanchez. who the hell are we now to not accept players like him? do you not want United to get back on top or shall we just be like a wealthy Liverpool?I am sure many Chelsea fans turned on Costa, Hazard and Cesc. Now these guys are delivering another title for them. feck the sentiments.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Meh, Atletico bottle it against Real the last 3 years. I never trusted them to beat you. I also think the 14/15 Juventus team was better than this Juve team.
Atletico are "el pupas" for a reason :lol: but they were great all 3 years we met them. I don't know if that juve was better than this honestly. Maybe the starting XI's slightly better, but this team's deeper

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-‐scoring opportunity by a deliberate handball offence the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs.

Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-‐scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned unless:

• The offence is holding, pulling or pushing or
  • The offending player does not attempt to play the ball or there is no possibility for the player making the challenge to play the ball or
  • The offence is one which is punishable by a red card wherever it occurs on the field of play (e.g. serious foul play, violent conduct etc..)

In all the above circumstances the player is sent off.

From the laws of the game.

Koscielny pushed/held Lewandowski so it was correct to give a red card.

Unfortunately we don't have 24 hours sports channels with 5 pundits and a team of researchers to mention the wording of the rule once.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
That guy who runs Arsenal Fan TV will have dollar signs for eyes right now. The metldown will be off the scale. 10-2 is just ridiculous.

minoo-utd

It was probably a laugh of disbelief. it happens sometimes. I have seen managers do it. When they are sooo shocked at how the team is doing they can only laugh. remember Lords Pogba and Zlatan were laughing, joking, signing autographs and dabbing when Chelsea smashed us. They were practically hoisting Chelsea players on their shoulders. it would be insane to not take Sanchez. who the hell are we now to not accept players like him? do you not want United to get back on top or shall we just be like a wealthy Liverpool?I am sure many Chelsea fans turned on Costa, Hazard and Cesc. Now these guys are delivering another title for them. feck the sentiments.
I respect your opinion. I just can't swallow this behavior.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
That ball went forwards to Vidal so is that not offside?
What are you talking about? The direction of the pass doesn't have anyhing to do with it lol. Obviously what matters is the position of the player when the ball is played.

Oaencha

Feckin' hell that must go down as the most embarrasing performance by an English side in the Champions League in recent history. A history that had David Moyes manage two different sides in the competition.
IMO the first leg Utd vs Olympiakos was an infinitely worst CL performance. We obviously didn't ship as many goals but we made them look like a team of Ballon d'or winners.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Not when he is behind the player who is passing the ball. It wasn't forward either, looked a square pass to me.
I was wondering about it after the City/Monaco goal fest because a couple of their goals were similar.

It does roll forward. Pass is made from just inside the box and Vidal doesn't make contact until the penalty spot.

What are you talking about? The direction of the pass doesn't have anyhing to do with it lol. Obviously what matters is the position of the player when the ball is played.
Right you are. Wording states being closer to the opposing goal line than the ball.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
IMO the first leg Utd vs Olympiakos was an infinitely worst CL performance. We obviously didn't ship as many goals but we made them look like a team of Ballon d'or winners.
Nah, we may have been turd in the first leg but to get turned over 5-1 in two legs is just ridiculous.