Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Hmmm, was we interested in him for the position he is playing now, or for RB?
I think it was as a RB. Someone like @JPRouve will know better than i do but i think this is the first season where he's played almost exclusively as a midfielder.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
If only Monaco had a referee so worried about Bernardo Silva as we got Monday about Hazard.

Classical Mechanic

If City fails to get past Monaco, Pep's credentials will seriously be undermined and questioned. I'm starting to think that Pep is really a fraud and he merely inherited great teams with Barca and Bayern. The fact that he was brought into Bayern to win the Champions League and on all occasions, he couldn't even make it to the final and was embarrassed twice by Barca and Madrid is quite telling.
Wait till the game is over at least. Half way through the first leg the giddy kippers on here were proclaiming the French league as being the dominant in Europe. By the end of the game Monaco had been turned over and two weeks later PSG somehow crashed out.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think it was as a RB. Someone like @JPRouve will know better than i do but i think this is the first season where he's played almost exclusively as a midfielder.
He was very good as a cm last year but he was mainly used as a RB. So I'm not sure about where teams used to see him.

diarm

Hard to put into words how much I'm enjoying watching these kids giving City an absolute schooling here.

Beautiful football and despite Pep being a good 9 months into his crusade in England to teach us heathens how to play football, his minions haven't a clue how to handle it.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Yeah that's for sure. Still did brilliantly to be going through with 35 mins played.
That was the first time I watched Monaco this season and I was impressed. They do look very sus defensively though.

Ronetta

Supports
Man City
Honestly some of you lot have a word with yourselves. Monaco are bloody superb, clearly.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
If City fails to get past Monaco, Pep's credentials will seriously be undermined and questioned. I'm starting to think that Pep is really a fraud and he merely inherited great teams with Barca and Bayern. The fact that he was brought into Bayern to win the Champions League and on all occasions, he couldn't even make it to the final and was embarrassed twice by Barca and Madrid is quite telling.
I think questions will have to be asked for sure. Pep took over from Hycknes as well who won the CL at canter, didn't do well in Europe. With Barca he had one of the best teams to ever play the darn thing so yeah.. You suddenly start to wonder. Also will he want a complete overhaul of players at City this summer to try to get the players he wants in?

MullerUtd

City is in trouble. Read from somewhere that Monaco scores an average of 3 goals per game so I'm pretty certain that Monaco will score one more.

Ban

Some of the stuff Monaco play is absolutely beautiful. I enjoy their football so, so much. They make football look so simple and nice.

Oh and I enjoy seeing City so toothless.

dichinero

He was very good as a cm last year but he was mainly used as a RB. So I'm not sure about where teams used to see him.
That was over two seasons ago. Sidibe has done enough to allow Fab keep the cm role

Kostur

海尔的老板
Friedel who's the co-commentator on my Yank stream sounds like the most fecking boring man ever. Could comment golf or chess tournos.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Bakayoko just looks like he's dipped his head in a bowl of cocaine.

Weird hair effect

Needham

Monaco crowd have a nice appreciation for a good pass or control, too, cheering at all the right moments.

Woodzy

Pep asked for this. When you are spouting shit about attack being the best form of defence when going into the fixture with a two goal lead, then you are asking for trouble.