Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

wr8_utd

:'(
Monaco defense is pretty rubbish so you have to assume they'll give away a goal somewhere. They'll need to score one more imo

3KDré

I have to say I am severely underwhelmed by Bakayoko. He is great at winning the ball back but so is the entire Monaco team, when he gets the ball he just loses with it or does nothing of not. Fabinho looks a lot better than him.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This is why I'm so glad we didn't get Pep. I never bought into his hype at all. If he does a complete overhaul at City in the summer, it says a lot about his coaching ability and he has basically admitted he has failed this season. Oh Pep, what's wrong with you? You had the best job ever at Barca, you chose to resign and went to Bayern but thankfully still kept your reputation intact. Now you've been found out. You could have stayed and the world will never find out you weren't as good as how you were made out to be.
:lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Are we even linked to him though?
United have been, yes. He's also Portugese and is said to have a huge admiration for Mourinho, so there's that. Think Sky mentioned us wanting him in the Summer window too (the report was from January).

elnorte

Freaky fly day
If City can keep the score to 0-2 down till half-time, I reckon they still can do it. They usually play better in the second half.
I agree. Not trying to sound pessimistic but I think they'll end up doing enough. It will be disappointing but hardly heartbreaking as I suspected this would be the case prior to the start of the match.

Ban

I can't decide who I want at United. Fabinho, Mendy, Silva, Bakayoko, Mbape. I want them all!!!

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I can't decide who I want at United. Fabinho, Mendy, Silva, Bakayoko, Mbape. I want them all!!!

We should do a deal with them. Just buy Mbappe and Silva and get the rest for a penny.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don't put yourself through it mate.
We'd get them, then they'd be overawed by expectations and underperform anyway

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
People name various players but Jardim is the real talent.

Shark

@NotShark
So the reason City signed Pep is to put them on the map in Europe, and they're now being dumped out the way they always do. :lol:

Raw

A part of me thinks most of them might work better as a team, and will probably fail to meet expectations when at a different club. Though players like Silva do look extra special.

Zoo

I'd love to see us go all out for Fabinho. So consistent and plays right sided in central midfield whilst Pogba prefers the left. Also an excellent RB so it wouldn't mean the end of Herrera and with Valencia getting on in age plus Mourinho preferring to operate with a smaller squad it would be perfect.

cyberman

It would be cheaper if we just bought Monaco.
Griezmann and Silva would be an unbelievable summer

Ban

A part of me thinks most of them might work better as a team, and will probably fail to meet expectations when at a different club. Though players like Silva do look extra special.
Yeah I guess so. But we should buy at least one. :)

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
Monaco are a joy to watch.
Wouldnt mind seeing them play Leicester next round IF they get through as I'm sure City will get a few chances second half and at least score a goal.
Are we interested in this Bakayoko lad,he looks really good and cant beat his man with ease?

dichinero

DDG
Valencia Bailey Rojo Mendy
Fabinho
Pogba Herrera
Silva Mbappe Martial
#justsaying

Ban

I'd love to see us go all out for Fabinho. So consistent and plays right sided in central midfield whilst Pogba prefers the left. Also an excellent RB so it wouldn't mean the end of Herrera and with Valencia getting on in age plus Mourinho preferring to operate with a smaller squad it would be perfect.
We were interested in him, right? There were links and all.

Flying_Heckfish

Monaco have been cycling the ball so quickly, but also accurately. It seems they always look forward as well rather than back.

Impressive as well that they do this with a team including lots of athletic players, not just a collection of techno-midgets. Formidable combination!

Theonas

Scout
I really think apart from Mbappe, this Monaco team is like Klopp's Dortmund. Their quality mainly comes from the offensive tactical ability of their coach which elevates their players. Once they leave that setup I wouldn't be surprised if they end up like Sahin, Kagawa and Götze.

padr81

Supports
Man City
You can score 5 in next half, its very difficult to predict this.
The way we've played we'll be lucky to get 5 passes. Probably the most disappointed I've ever been with City (considering Leicester and Everton this season, say alot.)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
City are still in the game though, it's only one half.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
I think Guardiola's strategy is letting Monaco score at ease, then push them back with some possession football and, since Monaco can't defend, score at least six, overpowering Barcelona's feat.:rolleyes:

Shuriken

Don't put yourself through it mate.
We'd get them, then they'd be overawed by expectations and underperform anyway
Haha… probably. Quality mounts to nothing without the mentality and character to back it up, at least not at United.

Theonas

Scout
People name various players but Jardim is the real talent.
My thoughts exactly. Mbappe is an exception for me but the rest are similar to Kagawa, Sahin and Götze in that Dortmund side. Obviously talented but their performances were hugely elevated by Klopp's setup.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Please, please, please Monaco, just knock these fecking Berties out! Don't mess up now.

Ban

I really think apart from Mbappe, this Monaco team is like Klopp's Dortmund. Their quality mainly comes from the offensive tactical ability of their coach which elevates their players. Once they leave that setup I wouldn't be surprised if they end up like Sahin, Kagawa and Götze.
Fabinho would be a good addition imo.