Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

AXVnee7

Can someone look up the hand ball rule? I think it says nothing about 'natural positions' but about enlarging the body Area that can block the ball
:lol:

Let it go, it wasn't a handball. Your team gave away a needless penalty which let Arsenal back into the game. Worry about the 5 defenders who let Sanchez have an additional 2 attempts.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Are videos autoplaying for everyone now or has something on my end changed? It didn't use to be the case. It's extremely annoying.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the rule says intentional handling the ball? It looked very unintentional and also his hands was close to his body.

Saying that I haven't checked multiple angles, just saw only 1 replay.
Im really just asking. Hand balls like that are always grey areas, pointless to get too mad.

Peanut Butter

Yep, they're always a bit shite. That is, until they reach the semis and all English teams are out. Then somehow they were too strong for any English side and are brilliant. :P
They're better than all of the English sides. But by Bayern sides of the past standard, they are shite.

rio's upper lip

Are videos autoplaying for everyone now or has something on my end changed? It didn't use to be the case. It's extremely annoying.
Indeed. Of course nothing against the vids themselves, they are fantastic, but the fact that they automatically start playing is quite annoying.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
how is it natural his arm is almost stretched? Also when defenders are expecting a cross into the box they ussually hide hands behind their backs, Bellerin was all over the place when he tried to blocking it
should count yourselves lucky
Lol whatever

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
:lol:

Let it go, it wasn't a handball. Your team gave away a needless penalty which let Arsenal back into the game. Worry about the 5 defenders who let Sanchez have an additional 2 attempts.
Never said that. Lack of reading comprehension? Asked a geniune question, would argue it wasnt a pen if it had been against US.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
In the Bundesliga yeah defo.
:houllier:

There's no substitute for quality and their squad is absolutely stacked with quality. They are not at the level of Bayern sides under Heyneckes or Pep but they are still better than any English side. So yes, over the course of season they'll stroll to the title.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I do strongly believe both critical situations were handled perfectly by the ref. Clear pen for Arsenal and never a pen for us. Hurts, but that's how it is.

Lyricist

Ospina is lucky his upper body didn't just snap in half there, such was the force of that challenge by Costa.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
CRISTIANO TURNS BACK THE CLOCK AND KROOS SCOREEEEEEEESSSSS 2-1!!!!!

JustAFan

The Adebayo Akinfenwa of football photoshoppers
An evil little city in the NE United States
Can someone look up the hand ball rule? I think it says nothing about 'natural positions' but about enlarging the body Area that can block the ball
FIFA LAWS OF THE GAME 2016/17 Edition

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:

• handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty

area)

• holds an opponent

• impedes an opponent with contact

• spits at an opponent

See also offences in Law 3

Handling the ball

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the

ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)

• the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)

• the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an

infringement

• touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.)

is an infringement

• hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) is an

infringement

The goalkeeper has the same restrictions on handling the ball as any other

player outside the penalty area. Inside their penalty area, the goalkeeper

cannot be guilty of a handling offence incurring a direct free kick or any related

sanction but can be guilty of handling offences that incur an indirect free kick.

Hammerfell

:houllier:

There's no substitute for quality and their squad is absolutely stacked with quality. They are not at the level of Bayern sides under Heyneckes or Pep but they are still better than any English side. So yes, over the course of season they'll stroll to the title.
You're letting the WUM WUM you.

gaucho_10

They have good result so far, despite big help from the referee judging by the commenta here.
They scored because of Navas error and messed up one good counter attack. That was it from them in the first half.
They can thank Benzema and Ronaldos finishing it wasnt 3 by half time.