Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Oh, it's 5-1. Ok, you're probably not coming back from that. You'll win 3-0 or 4-1

PoTMS

Does any other 'top' team in Europe get battered as often as Arsenal seem to?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Funny enough, he wasn't highly rated Brazilian prospect either.
He won an Under 20 World Championship Final against Portugal in 2011, by the way him, Danilo and Óscar who made 3 goals the bastard.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Amazing. Looking forward to his reading his theories yet again
Arsenal had an exhausting Hull game at the weekend while Bayern walked game against some randoms. Or he'd just like to see how good Bayern would be if they had to come up against PL world class defences every week. Or something.

salford_

Sanchez will probably be at Chelsea or City next year, he'd be foolish to stay. And Ozil... he is just shite. Appalling

Revan

Assumptionman
Trying very hard to think of a way to spin an argument.
Arsenal are fatigued from EPL and are fighting for the fourth spot in EPL which is way more important than UCL, while Bayern have bought every player in Bundesliga and so can concentrate on second tier competitions like UCL.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
This was Bayern's easiest game all season. They have actually struggled to perform in Bundesliga recently.
I wonder if Bayern was that good or Arsenal that bad. They looked really shocking all game long, besides of the last 15minutes or so in the first half after they had some momentum because of the penalty.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal did not commit a foul in the second half, going down spineless

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
@oneniltothearsenal
@Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Poor Arsenal fans: always destroyed by the same club.

Giroud as a CF and Alexis Sanchez would have been a better option IMO Ozil is more useful on the wing.

I don't follow Arsenal but I can't believe Wenger has taken the right decisions
The problems go a lot deeper than just team selection. The last 12 years allowed Wenger to grow complacent. He was already an idealist. He wants to remain loyal to "his" development players and win with them showing that loyalty breeds success. Noble idea but not realistic in todays footballing world.

He won't change tactics. He believes just letting the players express themselves yields the best results. That never matches well against more organized teams or teams with equal or better players. He has always made these mistakes though. they have just gone unnoticed because he had a great blend of players for a number of years. 1999 vs. Galatasaray and 2011 league cup vs. Birmingham are the two real examples of lack of big game tactics and mentality from two completely different Wenger sides.

Its why I really have had no expectations to get past R16 for years now. Some Arsenal fans love to use "squad cost" as an excuse but the reality is, Atletico, Juventus and Dortmund all got to CL finals in last 4 years with lower squad cost, but Wenger's sides have been nowhere near that level of quality or form. Jardim outfoxed Wenger a few years ago and I thought then it was extremely obvious Arsenal should hire a new manager, like Emery. Not surprising result today for me at all.

VanGaalyTime

Went to do some work while it was 1-1. Can someone explain what the F happened in the second half?