g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Champions League Round of 16 (14th Feb - 15th Mar)

Wengerscoat

Supports
Arsenal
Now Arsenal will win 2-0 in London and all Wenger fanboys will be out in force.

I hope we finish 6th so we can get rid him once and for all.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Probably not a good question to ask right now considering he just scored, but what's the reason behind Muller's general poor form this season?
Played crap many times, lots of bars and posts hit at other times. Just a cursed season

Theonas

Scout
What is the point in qualifying for this year in, year out if you're never even gonna get close to winning the thing?

It's why I don't get fans' obsession with 4th. I only want to be in it if we can take it seriously and go far.
Oh come on now, that's a very one sided argument. Arsenal are truly unique in this scenario where every year is more or less exactly the same. Plenty of teams went far and even won the whole thing without looking particularly equipped to do so at the start of the season. Liverpool, Porto, Chelsea, Inter in the past 15 years alone were not considered good enough to compete for the cup and won it whereas the likes of Leverkusen, Monaco, Liverpool again reached finals.

The other argument is that a big part of reaching the level of the best teams is to actually compete with them and get a taste of those games. How can you do that if you are not actually playing in the CL? Another issue is the brand, big clubs can handle being out of the CL for a year or two, maybe even 3 but at some point, it definitely starts to affect your status as a big name which consequently affects your ability to buy players, finances, fanbase and so on. In short, Arsenal are truly a unique case but there is much more to the argument for the necessity of playing in the CL in modern football.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Completely stopped playing in the last 20 minutes and gave them a couple glorious chances to make it 3-2. Pure agony. Good result, but this isn't over. San Paolo will be a circle of hell in the second leg

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Ty: "On the plus side, a 5-1 away loss is better than 4-0. Arsenal>Barca."

PeteManic

Very sad shot there of Arsene on the bench. But his time is over. They need a complete change of philosophy. But then again who would be available to take over?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Arsenal had an exhausting Hull game at the weekend while Bayern walked game against some randoms. Or he'd just like to see how good Bayern would be if they had to come up against PL world class defences every week. Or something.
What you mean Hull that Champions League top level club, while they played against those phonies from Schalke 04?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I went out to get dinner at half time when it was 1-1 and Bayern looked like they were pissing with a boner. Boy, that escalated quickly.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Embarrassing performance.

I'd rather Arsenal have progressed to Semi-finals to hurt their top 4 prospects.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Very sad shot there of Arsene on the bench. But his time is over. They need a complete change of philosophy. But then again who would be available to take over?
It's also that if they change the philosophy these players have been bought for Wenger's philosophy. When he goes they might have the same problems we have had. He has run that club from top to bottom.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Now Arsenal will win 2-0 in London and all Wenger fanboys will be out in force.

I hope we finish 6th so we can get rid him once and for all.

Wenger loves to entertain football fans, no?
He is simply using his "reserve squad" ArsenalFanTV to now entertain football fans around the world. He probably even owns 80% of ArsenalFanTV! Even by losing he still wins!

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
And now I remember they lost by the same result last season against Guardiola, they need an Top Manager now!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Liverpool, Porto, Chelsea, Inter in the past 15 years alone were not considered good enough to compete for the cup and won it whereas the likes of Leverkusen, Monaco, Liverpool again reached finals.
Mate, porto had won the uefa cup the year before the CL, and inter were among the favourites when they won

Revan

Assumptionman
What you mean Hull that Champions League top level club, while they played against those phonies from Schalke 04?
Every club in EPL is better than any club in Germany. It is just that they are so much better and so get totally fatigued by playing with each other.

Winrar

Some of Arsenal's "defending" I've seen in the second half reminds me of the Brazil 1-7. lucky to have gotten away with only 5 conceded.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Every club in EPL is better than any club in Germany. It is just that they are so much better and so get totally fatigued by playing with each other.
I don't know if you are serious or not, but hey we live in a Democracy and everyone is entitled to their opinion, chill out.

Fenomeno9

He won an Under 20 World Championship Final against Portugal in 2011, by the way him, Danilo and Óscar who made 3 goals the bastard.
He was excellent in that tourney then but fell flat afterwards

Theonas

Scout
Mate, porto had won the uefa cup the year before the CL, and inter were among the favourites when they won
So you think Sevilla are among the favourites to win it this year? Or were they in any of the past 3 seasons? As for Inter, that depends on how far you stretch the definition, they were not outsiders but they were not ahead of Barcelona or Man United or even Bayern in terms of their standing at the time.