Champions League Round of 16 (15th Feb - 16th Mar)

Josep Dowling

UEFA want Messi v Ronaldo. Said ages ago we would draw PSG once again. Champions League draw is manipulated to suit what they want to see in the final.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
That's an absolute embarrassment from UEFA.

They've fecked up and as a result they've not produced a fair draw. We weren't given a chance to draw one of the teams (Atletico) because they forgot to put us in the pot. Surely that calls for a redraw?

bringbackbebe

I'm actually quite excited. It's 2 months away, so plenty of time to train and gel in the new system. We will have to start having the right mentality and stop fearing and start trying to beat big teams. The fact that we are minnows in this gets rid of the pressure factor. More than Messi vs Ronado, I'm looking forward to Poch vs RR.

SER19

Some tinfoil hats on today. It's a 1 in 6 chance. Tough draw, but will be great to have the world's eyes on us and with plenty of time for Ralph to get his system rolling before then and see what this team can do. If we win, it's a massive boost and gives us a chance to win the whole competition. If we get knocked out then it's probably to the finalists and (provided we aren't humiliated - much less likely under Ralph than Ole) no-one can be really surprised and we can focus on the league. Nothing to lose, let's just enjoy the huge occasion.
Well no, its a 1 in 5 chance since we weren't added to atletico pot. A farce at this level

RUCK4444

Feck off. Seriously just feck off with that draw.

Cannot be arsed with PSG. I don't even rate them all that much at all but they will have enough to see us off over the two legs if we play anything like against the likes of Norwich.

Supports
Barcelona
Possibly the most underwhelming Ronaldo vs Messi fixture, since, imo, both teams are "Good" at best.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'm fuming. The draw is rigged same with the FA cup the hardest possible tie against Aston Villa where other teams get lower league ties!! Done with football. ManUtd needed a Sporting or easier tie for confidence! Why isn't there an investigation!? Every year this happens with United..
Great banter.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Some tinfoil hats on today. It's a 1 in 6 chance. Tough draw, but will be great to have the world's eyes on us and with plenty of time for Ralph to get his system rolling before then and see what this team can do. If we win, it's a massive boost and gives us a chance to win the whole competition. If we get knocked out then it's probably to the finalists and (provided we aren't humiliated - much less likely under Ralph than Ole) no-one can be really surprised and we can focus on the league. Nothing to lose, let's just enjoy the huge occasion.
It wasn't a 1 in 6 chance, they forgot to put us in the draw for Atletico :lol:

Markolan

Supports
AC Milan
Manchester City, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Ajax, Bayern, Juventus, Chelsea, Paris SG in the QF imho

Traub

1 in 5 chance when they didn't put us in against Atletico :lol:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
PSG are a bobblehead on legs made of ricepaper, they got nothing if the trio up top are having problems.

Such a nice draw for the fans with no irregularities, nothing suspect about this what so ever.

Red00012

Did anyone actually see the draw? We were left out of the A Madrid part of the draw?

NYAS

They fecked up here. Firstly, by pairing us with Villarreal, then by us not being a possibility for Atletico. What is going on?
Should be re drawn. We literally weren't put in a pot for one draw and somebody else wasn't put in pot for Villareal
They didn’t put us in the Atletico bowl!!!

Has to be a re-draw
Rewind the draw and they completely feck it up. They don't put Manchester United as an opponent in Atletico's draw pot, so it was impossible for us to get them. Surely it has to be re-run?!
They also didn’t allow Lille to be drawn against Sporting for some unknown reason. Sporting’s ball came out and it was only Juve and us remaining, with a red circle next to Lille. Even though Lille weren’t drawn yet, weren’t Sporting’s group, and are not from Sporting’s country. Unbelievable.

James35

We could literally go out of the FA Cup and CL at first hurdle. We are such an unlucky team with Cup draws, becoming almost farcical at this point.

Hopefully we get a midfielder in January window.

Gazautd18

How come we draw Champions League opponents and the other British clubs get Europa League ties?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Of course its fixed. This, along with what happened in the F1 yesterday has just put me off sports.

BlueHaze

Everyone knew we would get PSG while all the other teams get a free ride.

pascell

If they still have Poch in charge, we'll beat them. If they bring Zidane in, I'm not as confident but if their front 3 refuse to defend then we'll be fine.

Ixion

Our performances in the group stage were shitty I wouldn't have held out much hope once we were drawn with a decent side, it just happens to be one round earlier than it could have been. You have to play these sides eventually.

Levi1

We've had our fair share of easy draws in the champions league as well. Just look at our group this year.

Remember the geese

Actually mad how they fecked it. Completely removed a possibility for us, kinda destroys the whole "randomness" factor for the draw does it not?

I doubt it'll ever be contested but feck me that's pure incompetence.
Incompetence is definitely the word. It was far too blatant an error for it to be considered rigged. However, they should have stopped the draw after realising their mistake. Yet they've persisted with it and we are supposed to just accept it?

Someone

Something
I don't think it was intentional but they fecked it up and they can't possibly go ahead with this. They added United instead of another team for Villareal, and Didn't add United for AM. This impacted everyone.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Our performances in the group stage were shitty I wouldn't have held out much hope once we were drawn with a decent side, it just happens to be one round earlier than it could have been. You have to play these sides eventually.
The hope would be that by the time we got to play one of the good sides we'd have had time to implement a good system.

cyberman

PSG are a bobblehead on legs made of ricepaper, they got nothing if the trio up top are having problems.

Such a nice draw for the fans with no irregularities, nothing suspect about this what so ever.
I’m actually looking forward to it. Honestly don’t think we have anything to fear. I really want revenge for last season as well

Siorac

They also didn’t allow Lille to be drawn against Sporting for some unknown reason. Sporting’s ball came out and it was only Juve and us remaining, with a red circle next to Lille. Even though Lille weren’t drawn yet, weren’t Sporting’s group, and are not from Sporting’s country. Unbelievable.
Had Lille got Sporting, Chelsea's only two options would have been Juventus who were in the same group and Manchester United. So that's actually fair.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
That was down to United not being able to draw Chelsea, Chelsea not being able to draw Juventus, Lille not being able to draw PSG.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Lille couldn’t face PSG explains that.

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
UEFA want Messi v Ronaldo. Said ages ago we would draw PSG once again. Champions League draw is manipulated to suit what they want to see in the final.
It was too obvious.

This is probably the last Messi vs Ronaldo, isn't happening in WC since Ronaldo might miss next WC.

Lord of Blackhaven

The mix up will surely mean the whole thing will have to be redone. As soon as they put all 7 teams in the pot to play Villareal it should have been paused. Idiots

Last edited:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I hope we ask questions. How can that be allowed to stand if they ballsed it up?

SonyaCross493

Sickening media stories about Messi vs Ronaldo and everyone not giving respect to the new generation Mbeppe who's PSG's best player and better this season.