Chicharito Loan Watch | Real Madrid

settembrini

Madrid are going to buy him AND De Gea for less than we will pay for Falcao.

That sentence is literally something that could happen this summer. Just imagine it :)

cyberman

All i can remember is his last 2 years when he seemed to lose his pace, offered no contribution at all to the build up play and fluffed the chances he did get.
If it were up to some posters on here, we'd have had a front 3 of Nani / Welbeck and Hernandez up front at times this season. I cant get my head around that

Asger

Wish we would have him in our side now... Persie, Rooney and Falcao are past it!

Cantona'sCollar

Who knew Henry was a Caf lurker...
Hi Thierry!
I think he was speaking with tongue in cheek.

On topic: It is clear to see what confidence can do for a player. I'm not convinced Ancelotti will see him as anything more than surplus to requirements for next season, but the amount of shirts he sells cannot be ignored - he is easily the biggest player in Mexico, and just behind Messi, Ronaldo and Beckham in the US. He's also evidently useful when given game-time - he guarantees goals.

FromTheBench

The gap in that midfield!

Nice first touch and finish, mind you.
The movement by Hernandez in that goal is top notch.

Pulls defender away creating gap first, and then immediately changes direction with burst of acceleration on the defenders blind side.

The timing of the whole thing while staying onside is class.

Actually that's the sort of movement our strikers rarely show these days except Rooney on occasions.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
When on form he's so lethal inside the box.

I refuse to believe he wouldn't have scored more goals/contributed more than Falcao if given his minutes this season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
When on form he's so lethal inside the box.

I refuse to believe he wouldn't have scored more goals/contributed more than Falcao if given his minutes this season.
He is basically what Falcao WAS pre injury, but with slightly more pace and less technique. Saying that though he took the 2nd goal really well, the first touch was excellent.

Skorenzy

Worked his bollocks off tonight, provided Cristiano with a great 1v1 chance that he squandered and scored two good goals, great runs off the ball and exquisite finishes on both (even some nice one-two action with James on the first). RM's best player on the night, and if not for Celta's Nolito would've been MotM.

Shark

@NotShark
He is basically what Falcao WAS pre injury, but with slightly more pace and less technique. Saying that though he took the 2nd goal really well, the first touch was excellent.
Are you serious? Falcao was a much better striker and arguably considered the best on the planet at one stage, while Hernandez has never reached that kind of level. Mind you, I do agree that Hernandez would have served us much better this season.

IwatUwat

I miss him. Impact sub is what we are seriously lacking. Not sure how / if I ever thought Di Maria would not be a good impact sub but currently not proving that way. (obviously Di Maria long term is not that player)

Hernandez thought we've missed exactly this at multiple times this year. We've missed his goals and the exact performances he is putting in for Real Madrid dunno what his stats are but they cant be far off a goal a game and a few assists too.

I'd like him back, see if we can get another season out of him doing what he used to do for us. Do question if Real might want the same though after the last few weeks and try and keep him, or if the links to Saints etc are true and a team can guarantee him starts and he'll thus choose that. Just watching the last 30 mins yesterday I was thinking god what we could do for a striker to run beyond their back line and stretch this game a bit.

Drifter

American
Two well taken goals. Ancelotti says he is undroppable on this form. Delighted for him.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
According to transfermarkt he has only played ~1000 minutes this season, compare this with Falcao (1300), RVP (~2000), and Rooney (~3000).

So less gametime than any of our three main strikers (Rooney is a bit of an exception as he has played midfield as well, of course). If we had him as our second striker next year, that would mean he should be guaranteed at least 2000+ minutes over the season I reckon, which I think is a fair amount for a player of his quality.

I would much rather take him as second striker than see him go to another PL club - he can be a great impact sub, a good foil/partner for Rooney, and provides some pace up front which we have sorely lacked this season.

Bwuk

According to transfermarkt he has only played ~1000 minutes this season, compare this with Falcao (1300), RVP (~2000), and Rooney (~3000).

So less gametime than any of our three main strikers (Rooney is a bit of an exception as he has played midfield as well, of course). If we had him as our second striker next year, that would mean he should be guaranteed at least 2000+ minutes over the season I reckon, which I think is a fair amount for a player of his quality.

I would much rather take him as second striker than see him go to another PL club - he can be a great impact sub, a good foil/partner for Rooney, and provides some pace up front which we have sorely lacked this season.
He's a good option to bring off the bench, but I don't think he has anywhere near enough all round ability to play upfront for us. LvG historically likes his strikers to be able to hold up the ball and bring others into play - something Hernandez just doesn't do. It's not his game.

I'd imagine Chicharito would look like Falcao looks at times for us. Dropping deep and losing his confidence, trying to do things that just aren't his game.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Chico says he'll play where God wants him to. Ronaldo clearly having an influence. :lol:

Devil may care

Two good goals last night but it was more than that, his all round performance was good, his touch and passing seem to have become tighter.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Get him back and let go of both RVP and Falcao.
More or less what I said and think - Rooney as first choice striker, Hernandez #2, Wilson as the young up-and-comer. I would perhaps hang onto RVP as cover, or if we sign someone else who can cover as striker (can Depay play there? Bale and Sterling certainly can...), sorted.

Adam-Utd

Not sure why it's funny, it's the truth really. He plays on the last man always working the line, never great with build up play but will always score given the chance. I said his technique isn't as good which is correct, but he is a penalty box striker just like Falcao was.

The difference is where as Falcao has lost that yard of pace he had, his confidence has also gone making him practically pointless unless given a tap in. Hernandez has shown his movement and pace can be a threat to any team if he has other players distracting and playing him the balls.

Water Melon

More or less what I said and think - Rooney as first choice striker, Hernandez #2, Wilson as the young up-and-comer. I would perhaps hang onto RVP as cover, or if we sign someone else who can cover as striker (can Depay play there? Bale and Sterling certainly can...), sorted.
Your fourth choice striker could be Henriquez. With improved midfield and wings, these 4 strikers would suffice imo.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Your fourth choice striker could be Henriquez. With improved midfield and wings, these 4 strikers would suffice imo.
Perhaps but I would rather a bit more experience. My preference would be to hang on to RVP, or simply have cover from another position for the 4th striker spot. Still, Rooney, Hernandez and Wilson as the first three I think is a perfectly good composition. We need to look to improve other areas of the squad rather than just buy more strikers and expect it to translate to more goals automatically.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Madrid has three days to pay and keep the player, I think that is 20 mill €.Although I haven't seen too much I would pay it.He always plays with enthusiasm and energy,besides he is humble and polite.Bernabeu likes him a lot,Madrid needs more players like him.He could be the perfect solution for Benzema's sloth.Unfortunately I guess that they are not paying,besides probably for his career would be better a team where he can enjoy more minutes

Classical Mechanic

Madrid has three days to pay and keep the player, I think that is 20 mill €.Although I haven't seen too much I would pay it.He always plays with enthusiasm and energy,besides he is humble and polite.Bernabeu likes him a lot,Madrid needs more players like him.He could be the perfect solution for Benzema's sloth.Unfortunately I guess that they are not paying,besides probably for his career would be better a team where he can enjoy more minutes
Plus he is a bit of a heartthrob in his homeland and Madrid like a handsome team.

humdinger

I miss Little Pea - he was always one of my favourite players. Always had a great attitude on the pitch and repeatedly popped up with very important goals under Fergie. Don't really know why it went wrong for him here but I guess he lost his way under Moyes and became disenchanted, as did several others. I'd be delighted if he was willing to come back and give it another go here as the way van Gaal has rejuvenated some of our underperforming players gives me hope he could get Hernandez back enjoying his football here and scoring goals. Guess it depends on whether he would be willing to come back to being a squad player and supersub for us though.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Plus he is a bit of a heartthrob in his homeland and Madrid like a handsome team.
Yes,that's truth,Chicharo and Lucas Silva could be the kings in Madrid's night.He already got a new girlfriend,Lucia Villalon,who is a real madrid tv presenter

Nucks

RT History Department
He's a poacher. Pure and simple. He's the kind of player that on the right team, a team that doesn't need the input of a striker in the general build up play, could bang in 25-30 goals a season. He has some of the best goal scoring/ball instincts in the game currently. He just needs the right fit. We're not that team, Madrid probably isn't that team. Not sure who is.

Varun

Staff
Not sure why it's funny, it's the truth really. He plays on the last man always working the line, never great with build up play but will always score given the chance. I said his technique isn't as good which is correct, but he is a penalty box striker just like Falcao was.

The difference is where as Falcao has lost that yard of pace he had, his confidence has also gone making him practically pointless unless given a tap in. Hernandez has shown his movement and pace can be a threat to any team if he has other players distracting and playing him the balls.
Falcao before his injury was probably the best striker in the world. Comparing him to Chicha is just mental.

Loublaze

ATLien
I didn't like his 'im playing for the best team in the world' comment and his 'im a Real Madrid player' one either. I get it though, he wants to stay and its clear he's not wanted at United. I just feel it will all end in tears for him there. Once Benzema is back in the side Chicharito will have to make way for him. He's not an 'nonnegotiable' there.

Adam-Utd

Falcao before his injury was probably the best striker in the world. Comparing him to Chicha is just mental.
LOL I am not saying he is AS GOOD as Falcao, just purely he is the same type of striker. Falcao is now performing below the level Hernandez is, and they do a similar job. Why waste money on Falcao when we already have a better player on the books?

Varun

Staff
Falcao could do things that Hernandez can only dream of!

Amazing video.

Its such a bloody shame how the injury has impacted him as a player. A pre injury Falcao would have probably gone down as a United Legend, that's how good he was. Absolutely perfectly suited to the league as well. Really had everything you'd want in a striker.

Varun

Staff
LOL I am not saying he is AS GOOD as Falcao, just purely he is the same type of striker. Falcao is now performing below the level Hernandez is, and they do a similar job. Why waste money on Falcao when we already have a better player on the books?
LOL.

They are not similar strikers either. Falcao could create and score goals on his own. Be it outrageous efforts from distance or dribble couple of defenders before putting the ball in the net. He had everything.

Chicha is a poacher. Has the nose for goal, put him in a team that creates chances and doesnt need the striker to contribute and he'l get you goals. No physicality or the ability to be a complete 9 like Falcao was.

Its just a daft comparison because you somehow believe all Falcao was good at was scoring tap ins due to good movement or anticipation because that's Chicha for you.

I do agree that we shouldnt sign Falcao though just that it wasnt the bit I was replying to when I quoted you.

Revan

Assumptionman
He is nothing like that. Falcao was a complete striker who scored a lot of screamers. His all round game was much better than Hernandez'.

Hernandez is currently better though.