g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Chris Smalling image 12

Chris Smalling England flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

littlepeasoup

Had Borini in his pocket all game, and then Fletcher after him. I honestly don't think there's a better centre back in this league, which is a credit to his development at United.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Very, very solid. Loved how he indicated to the rest of the defence to play their right-winger offside when he ran past Smalling. Just completely in control of the situation. The dispossessing of Fletcher was very smart as well.
He's looking amazingly confident. He always had that touch of class but it was almost as though he didn't trust himself enough. Whatever LVG has tried to help him turn the corner, if it is the managers input, then it has surely worked.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Loved that little backheel flick he made to Blind in the second. Real sign of confidence.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Although his passing has been getting better for some time there's been a marked improvement in more recent matches. It seems like he's cut out the more ambitious stuff and is more comfortable playing into the feet of the midfielders through the lines.

joso157

I think having Blind next to him helps massively all round. As opposed to trying to find that long pass he just has to square it to Blind who can and has played some absolutely fantastic balls over the top in the last few games.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
One thing I am enjoying with Smalling now are those bursting runs with purpose. Before he would burst forward from defence into a nice position occupying the midfield area, look around and then pass backwards to his defensive partner and it frustrated the fecking life out of me. I used to watch thinking, yes Smalling, go on lad! Then in the next breath I'd be screaming, ffs Smalling, you could have made that pass from the position you were in before, why bother?

Now he seems to burst forward and look for a forward pass, which I'm sure is what the whole point of him making a great run forward in the first place. This added to his already great defensive attributes and he is looking the real deal for us this season. Hope he can stay fit!.

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
He's stepped it up another level this season, he's been excellent in almost every game . Feel so confident with him now, it has got to the stage where I'm surprised if he is beaten.

Apart from 1 half mistake he was spotless yesterday.

I wonder how.much is he worth in todays market? 30 mil?
Mangala cost more than that, put another £20m on for Smalling ;)

villain

Hates Beyoncé
Apart from 1 half mistake he was spotless yesterday.

I wonder how.much is he worth in todays market? 30 mil?
If Everton are valuing Stones at ~40m and Managala was ~36m
I'd put him above 40m easily.

Skills

Snitch
If Everton are valuing Stones at ~40m and Managala was ~36m
I'd put him above 40m easily.
I wouldn't consider selling him at all even if we were offered £50m. Great defenders suitable for the Premier League are a real struggle to find/sign at the moment and we have a gem in our hands. Homegrown and hopefully captaincy material too ;)

sizzling sausages

Scout
Deserves the armband. #SmallingForCaptain
:drool: I can see him being captain for club and country in a few years. Definitely has the quality and he's really starting to show the leadership skills too.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I wouldn't consider selling him at all even if we were offered £50m. Great defenders suitable for the Premier League are a real struggle to find/sign at the moment and we have a gem in our hands. Homegrown and hopefully captaincy material too ;)
Agreed, and with his style of play, he can continue until mid 30's comfortably, that's at least 8 years. I wouldn't sell him for any price :angel:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's averaging 8+ every game so far, an absolute beast in every sense. Physically dominating, but also positionally and decision making is top notch. He's also much more comfortable on the ball these days, but that's always only been a small doubt of his.

If he can start scoring a few more headers he will be the complete centre back. Absolutely love Smalldini

thepolice123

He's incredibly mobile for a centerback his size. Near impossible to beat in 1 v 1 situations.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Rio-like and that's the best compliment I'll give a centre back at United.

sizzling sausages

Scout
Probably deserves some of the blame for their goal for getting dragged out of position so much, although the majority of the blame lies with Valencia. Very good besides that though and a very nice finish for the winner.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
MOTM for me. He's in incredible form. I'd go as far as to call that his best performance this season.

BarstoolProphet

Got a sneaky feeling he injured himself out of the Arsenal match today. Hopefully not as he was a beast yet again.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Really happy for Smalling. Guy is just getting more and more confident. Obviously good he's taking on board whatever's being taught. Keep it up Mike!

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Standard performance from him, it's like he woke up one day, realised how hench he is and decided to bully people. Just don't get injured!

Status
Not open for further replies.