Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NessunDorma

Always had faith in him - he was excellent in 2011/12, and that talent didn't just disappear - an it's great that he's now cemented his place as a first choice centre back.

Walters_19_MuFc

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Just truly amazing.

Think playing against Lukaku, and maybe Benteke, who he's already pocketed, won't get much harder than that, in terms of physical battles, and he certainly passed the test.

WyoManU

Superb again. My MotM. Handled Lukaku brilliantly. Is he now the best center back in the league? Certainly in with a shout.

JackXX

I think it's quite clear he's the best CB in the league. It's brilliant to see him fulfill his potential. I really hope Jones can stay fit and follow in his footsteps.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He was once trashed on these boards and has developed into our best center back.

Roman Bellic

Prick
MOTM candidate in 95% of our games. You can't name 5 CB's currently better than him in the top 5 leagues.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
He has it all doesn't he? Hes just been majestic all season (bar Arse) and just keeps on delivering MOTM performances week in and week out.

The bast part is, he is only 25. As defenders go, that's a tender age for such a player. Imagine how hes going to be in two or three years if he keeps improving :drool:

beergod

In a match where we had some very good performers he was my man of the match. His level of play over the last 12 months has been phenomenal.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
He is everything I wanted us to buy in the summer! Really stepped up this season, long may it continue.

stu_1992

Just make him captain already. Another good game. Clearly leading the defense, and he'd be a much better representative for our club than Rooney. (Obviously I don't expect this to happen...)

BigDunc9

Supports
Everton
I honestly thought whenever Lukaku got him pinned he had him worried and Jones dealt with Lukaku better. Just a shame Lukaku was feeding of absolute scraps because everyone else was shite.

ZDwyr

A question for the English fans, does Roy play Smalling as CB for the national team? I have no idea whether he is actually first choice (which he should be).

suheilsworld

Another Smalling-esque performance. Any defender who has a solid game we should start commenting, "He did a Smalling there!". Has really grown leaps and bound in his performance and confidence under LVG. I had my doubts after his red card against CIty last season and really thought he might not cut it under LVG regime but I am glad he has proved me and many wrong

Trizy

He's not even having just 'good' games anymore, he's completely smashing it. I honestly had forgotten how it felt to have a dominant presence in defense since Vidic.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He must have pockets like Mary Poppins bag to fit so many strikers in there.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Impressive so far. I said it 3 years ago that he's hugely talented and never doubted his quality

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What is impressive is that Lukaku is having a good season and had been bullying defenders. Made him a small boy yesterday.

Litch

Footballs crazy, start of the season most on here would have had him sold. Always amazes me how little including myself how much we don't know about football....

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
He's the best CB in the league, I'm quite confident about that. Who else comes close on current form? Not Company, that's for sure. Cahill? Nah. Koscielny? Don't think so.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Footballs crazy, start of the season most on here would have had him sold. Always amazes me how little including myself how much we don't know about football....
Been our best defender since late last year. I don't think anybody here wanted him sold this summer. Last year would have been more apt.

Status
Not open for further replies.