Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raw

Yeah I thought he was great today. Sheffield didn't have much threat up front but when he needed to step up he did so.

That one chance he fluffed up though, bloody hell.

Sylar

Wish we could merge Blinds passing into him.

Just a beast at the back, he honestly plays so much better on the right and when paired with Blind.

pillory

The Norwegian commentator got excited at one point simply because Billy Sharp received the ball with Blind on him and not Smalling.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Piss easy game for Smalling, and came out with MOTM by a country mile.

It was helped by Sheffield United having a terrible attacking game-plan and literally playing to all his strengths... which I'm sure was great fun for Big Mike.

Timdbro

Sure, easy game against not exactly the greatest forwards in the world, but the way he wins 1-on-1s (either on the ground for pace or physical ones where the forward tries to hold the ball up) is amazing. Every time I think "that's annoying, good pass into their forward and they'll be able to keep possession this time" up steps Mike and we're on the ball again a second later. Beast.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Bad game for him but considering he's been one of our best this season he can be forgiven. Just hope this is a one off

RK

Was he that bad today?

First goal: Was correct in his initial position, was correct to close the space on Wijnaldum, got beaten by an unpredictable turn of pace
Penalty: Got penalised for something defenders do (to him) week-in week-out with no punishment.

Not his best game but didn't do loads wrong in my opinion.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I don't think he's put in a decent performance for a good month or two myself. No idea why he was all over Mitrovic today, he's shite.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Terrible from Chris... he seemed to want to win every single ball himself today, which led him to be out of position/doing the wrong thing quite often.

El Zoido

He's been great this season but had a disaster today. Bad day to have his worst game.

Raw

Horrendous today. His performances have definitely dipped recently.

At first I was fine with our CBs but now we need another, badly.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
An evening to forget for Mike tonight.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Terrible performance. Also another reason why we struggle to play an expansive game. Either our defenders aren't good enough or we are poor transitioning into defence. Smalling needs an experienced head beside him when we are playing on the front foot.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
He was involved in all 3 goals scored against us. Last one was harsh though.

thepolice123

His positioning was all over the shop today. Lost Wijnaldum twice in the same position and let him get behind him. DDG bailed him out the first time but he got punished the second time.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Very poor. He's worryingly suspect when we're up against it at the back.

Devil may care

Weird game from him, moments where he looked his usual strong self, and others where he was in full clod mode.

walkinhop

His positioning was all over the shop today. Lost Wijnaldum twice in the same position and let him get behind him. DDG bailed him out the first time but he got punished the second time.
If i had to cover Blind all season, i would go to a mental hospital. This being said, he has had much better games.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He was due a poor game. He's barely put a foot wrong in over year. Poor from him, but not really too concerned. It was such a scruffy game. No discipline from either side. The game never settled down. It was as if neither team were playing any sort of formation.

Skills

Snitch
Exposed in an open game. Like any centre back with two defensive midfielders sitting in front of them they have an easier job and look better.
How about those who have to play with a midfielder pretending to be a CB, who's also extremely unathletic and incapable of winning anything about aerially? How many of them look good?

drdoityourself

He has always been very fortunate with some of his shirt pulling on set pieces. Now he got the short end of the stick. Actually thought he was being ripped down with force but brainlessly he also couldn't let go of Mitrovic's shirt. So he left the ref with a decision to make.
Away from home, having already gotten a penalty, you have to be clever the home team will press for every decision.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Terrible from Chris... he seemed to want to win every single ball himself today, which led him to be out of position/doing the wrong thing quite often.
He's been doing it far too much recently, I'm sure I pointed this out a while back; over/underestimating things (flight of ball, pace of an attacker...) due to overconfidence, pushing up to high to win the ball quickly etc... I don't think he has been as focused as he normally is. Physically he can dominate most forwards and his pace gets him out of trouble a lot but he's relying on that sort of style too much recently. It's more Ramos in his brainless stage (near enough most games) and Kompany (in his mare season) than other defenders with great pace and strength like Boateng at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.