6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

RORY65

He should be a squad player, starting some games and being an option to bring on in others but we don't have an alternative with any quality on the ball right now which means he has to play all the time regardless of his form or fitness. We're asking too much of him and because of it he's struggling at times physically, once those additions are made (hopefully in the summer) then he will be fine.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It has to be Casemiro and (I guess) Fred in big games - I.E. Barcelona next month. Central midfielders who have just as much technical ability but far more physically than Eriksen completely run through him

AshRK

That was awful second half from him. Didn't tackle, couldn't make simple.passes, couldn't hold on to the ball. Surprised he play for 90 mins.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
A number of us called this prior to the game, that his lack of pace would get caught out. Which he was for the Saka goal. I would have started with Fred in there instead. Maybe if we had casemiro then Fred might have started there.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
A number of us called this prior to the game, that his lack of pace would get caught out. Which he was for the Saka goal. I would have started with Fred in there instead. Maybe if we had casemiro then Fred might have started there.
It's not just pace, far too passive and lightweight. Can't be a CM.

Play him RW, tucked in, against bigger teams.

justboy68

Said it in the match thread, Eriksen's done a job for us this season but he is no way the final answer in midfield. Has to be used as a squad player and buying a top class no.8 is a priority.

Telsim

I wonder how longer is it going to take Ten Hag to realize Eriksen is not a big game player? He is very useful when we are dictating the match, and very useless when we are not. And why exactly was he left on the pitch for the whole game when he looked completely done whole 30 minutes before the end?

Castia

Been non existent lately and looks absolutely shot

Needs to be out if the side he’s given the ball away far to often for a midfielder

Bobski

I wonder how longer is it going to take Ten Hag to realize Eriksen is not a big game player? He is very useful when we are dictating the match, and very useless when we are not. And why exactly was he left on the pitch for the whole game when he looked completely done whole 30 minutes before the end?
He is a Spurs player really.

Valencia Shin Crosses

He got ran through today, but honestly not sure what the alternative was. We simply don't have any technical midfielders besides him and Casemiro, and Casemiro obviously wasn't available today.

If we were serious as a club we'd bring in 2 or 3 young solid prospects that have energy and technicality (they don't even have to be hyped prospects). ETH did as well as he could to bring more technical players to the team, but we are clearly short at least another 5 (McT, DDG, AWB, Fred, Wout all clearly aren't up to the standard set by Arsenal)

edgecutter

Played far too many games and it's showing. We have no options on the bench and it doesn't help when you have McTominay beside you.

binary bot
Don’t get a lot of the comments surrounding Eriksen. He was a cheap stop gap who’s done a very good job so far. He’s an attacking midfielder doing a patchwork job a bit deeper. Nobody thought he’d be a long term solution. He was always gonna struggle in the position in games like that, not to mention next to midfielders like McTominay who have big deficiencies themselves.

Idxomer

If we're judging him without taking into account that he was free, I think he has been an ok signing but nothing more and arguably one of the most upgradable players in the starting lineup.

El Jefe

This is nothing new at this stage. He gets treated with kid gloves on here but the fact that we barely even get a foothold of the midfield in second halves is mainly down to him. We looked poor in midfield without Casemiro earlier in the season and that continued again today.

He's been carried by Casemiro in a lot of games this season and gets a lot of undue credit because people like him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Reminds me of Scholes, but when he was back from retirement to play again. Good in games in which opposition defends but once we are pressed he simply doesn't have legs, and he is very weak defensively. Which is fine, he was still a great signing, but we need to have other options for these games.

NoPace

His remit is to get us top 4 this year and then become the best midfield sub in the league the next 2 years.

So far it's going very well.

Not sure why Ten Hag left him on the field when he was clearly no longer able to handle the pace. Pellistri out wide and Bruno as a 10 would have given us a much better chance of snatching a winner.

SAFMUTD

He doesn't have the stamina, speed, physicality nor defensive awareness to play in a midfield two against top opposition.

Against lesser opposition I have no problem Casemiro would do most of the work and he's an excellent passer who gives us good control. But when we need to actually fight for midfield control he's a liability. He seems to run out of gas pretty early on game so he starts getting run by so easily it's almost comic.

I get why ten Hag plays him there he gives us a lot of control when in possession and we don't have any more options. But he needs to be upgraded on and be a rotation option for Bruno. We simply won't control games against top teams with him there.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Been impressed with him this season so far. Brings composure, experience and above all else a quality set-piece.
But he's short term. He's the guy you bring on in games like yesterday to either try to play the game out or offer more creative spark.

We all know, even in games where he isn't heavily pressed, he tires quickly in the 2nd half of games. Its been very evident that he can't last the full 90 , which is fully understandable considering all he's been through. The fact he's consistently playing in this relentless and competitive competition is, frankly, remarkable.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I can guarantee you he will start against Reading and Palace. ETH loves him.
I think he should be used as a sub more often than a starter. He looks bad in first half as well when facing quick players running from midfield.

Marwood

Just another tired performance really. Give the bloke a rest.
I thought he was really good. Barely put a foot wrong. Inches away from scoring a beaut.

Love having a two footed midfielder.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I thought he was really good. Barely put a foot wrong. Inches away from scoring a beaut.

Love having a two footed midfielder.
Yeah, that strike would have been lovely if it was an inch lower. Plenty of iffy moments in the middle of the first half when Forest were more or less running the game, though.

Not his fault he's being run into the ground because we've got no other central midfielder who's particularly comfortable with the ball at his feet.

Abraxas

Thought he was good, especially in the second half he looked a real threat to create or score which I would like to see more of from him. He has such superb quality with striking the ball, and given he plays so deep for us we rarely see the attacking Eriksen.

Status
Not open for further replies.