Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
No, honestly mate, that’s not correct or fair.

It’s about getting rid of the Glazers and the debt - that’s it.

If Ratcliffe came out and stated that he wants 100% and will clear the debt, fans would have him as first choice. I assure you.

Keeping the Glazers, praising them as people is what has (rightly) turned fans against him.

It has utterly nothing to do with Sportwashing - it’s to do with what is being proposed by Ratcliffe and the Glazers.
I am pro-Qatar and I would back Ratcliffe if he guaranteed both of those things, which currently he is doing neither.

I don't like him personally for many reasons, Brexit etc.

I don't really like that he has basically said nothing during the whole process, granted I know that NDA's have been signed but look at his statement, it was pretty much a copy and paste from the Chelsea one.

He comes across as a bit dishonest and evasive about certain things.

AFC NimbleThumb

Just removing (some of) the glazers is apparently going to transform the club :D
Exactly.

I can only speak for myself but a big part of resentment is the fact they’ve leeched off the club for years, how can anyone think them still leeching off 18% of the club is palatable?

Whilst there are other options on the table that involve sole ownership I can’t back this nonsense. We’ve no say in all honesty but just wow.
Not only that, we also have posters saying that the Glazers may have affinity towards the club and that Woody was not a poor CEO.
Surely this can’t be true :lol:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
You also have to think that we know very little actual detail about what is really going on.

We've seen so much guesswork recently.

I would be very surprised if the Qataris dont trump Ratcliffe. Like I just said I would love to know just how much the difference in share price valuation is. My guess (based on that Bloomberg info) would be not too much.

These guys are paying Mbappe 600 million euros over 3 seasons. I'm sure they will find 500 million - 1 billion from somewhere if they want this deal :lol:

If not then fair enough, they didn't want it. If they do they will buy us.
Or jassim was always privately funded.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

If Ratcliffe came out and stated that he wants 100% and will clear the debt, fans would have him as first choice. I assure you.

Keeping the Glazers, praising them as people is what has (rightly) turned fans against him.

It has utterly nothing to do with Sportwashing - it’s to do with what is being proposed by Ratcliffe and the Glazers.
I'm pretty sure Sir Jim has said he was open to 100% takeover at one point.
The numbers maybe just haven't made sense and clearly haven't for Qatar either hence their position of not overpaying.

As for the debt.....you have absolutely no idea what the plan is for that. None of us do. It's guess work. He could be planning on clearing it immediately or within a year or two for all we know.

mu4c_20le

He doesn't need 100% to take over the club. That's just ego, or to take the club private so the Qataris can do whatever they want without scrutiny. You've been drinking their PR for too long.

Member 125398

I am pro-Qatar and I would back Ratcliffe if he guaranteed both of those things, which currently he is doing neither.

I don't like him personally for many reasons, Brexit etc.

I don't really like that he has basically said nothing during the whole process, granted I know that NDA's have been signed but look at his statement, it was pretty much a copy and paste from the Chelsea one.

He comes across as a bit dishonest and evasive about certain things.
Yet the Al Thani family are really a bunch of stand up guys :wenger:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Not sure about that. Think it's fairly obvious that its the contrary.
But like you said earlier, if they can afford to pay Mbappe a zillion dollars then surely they can beat a clever chancer like ratcliffe?

The point is so much of the little info out there makes any sense

Berbaclass

Insulting another member
@webbthepostie

:lol:

You know very well what I meant by that. I want the Qatar takeover as it would be more beneficial for the club than Ratcliffe. I'm not condoning their regime you utter moron.

Berbaclass

But like you said earlier, if they can afford to pay Mbappe a zillion dollars then surely they can beat a clever chancer like ratcliffe?

The point is so much of the little info out there makes any sense
You'd certainly think so. Time will tell.

KD6-3.7

It's not like we are one now but if Ratcliffe buys the club and isn't clearing the debt we are truly finished as a top club and are probably going to fall even further behind.

Teja

Yet the Al Thani family are really a bunch of stand up guys :wenger:
They're not evasive or dishonest about what they'll do with the club unlike Ratcliffe (assume that was the point he was making there).

I don't see how you can argue that Ratcliffe will be better for United than Qatar which is mostly what I care about.

MiamiSpartan

I guess we could have rationalised Malcolm Glazers deal the same way. He just outmanoeuvred everyone when he spotted the opportunity ie LBO when everyone else didn't?
It's not rationalization to say that, it's exactly what happened.

That's not praising his takeover as a good thing to say that, it's just an unfortunate fact.

Smores

Exactly.

I can only speak for myself but a big part of resentment is the fact they’ve leeched off the club for years, how can anyone think them still leeching off 18% of the club is palatable?

Whilst there are other options on the table that involve sole ownership I can’t back this nonsense. We’ve no say in all honesty but just wow.

Surely this can’t be true :lol:
They won't be able to leach off the club anymore though?

I'm absolutely against the Qatar bid but they should do the same really. If the choice is paying ludicrous sums to fully get rid of them despite them having no control OR investing the same sum into the club then it's just dumb to give the Glazers money.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
:lol:

You know very well what I meant by that. I want the Qatar takeover as it would be more beneficial for the club than Ratcliffe. I'm not condoning their regime you utter moron.
You don't know what will be more beneficial. You have an opinion on what will be. You don't know for certain.

Afterall Todd Boehly was being lauded a top new owner 10 months ago. 600m later and he's turned out to be a clown.

We've been linked with Neymar today too with the Qatar bid. Could be BS of course but that's got disaster written all over it. He's not right for us and the PL so I hope that story is wrong if Qatar win.

Berbaclass

You don't know what will be more beneficial. You have an opinion on what will be. You don't know for certain.

Afterall Todd Boehly was being lauded a top new owner 10 months ago. 600m later and he's turned out to be a clown.

We've been linked with Neymar today too with the Qatar bid. Could be BS of course but that's got disaster written all over it. He's not right for us and the PL so I hope that story is wrong if Qatar win.
Thats fair. I'm not disputing that. I may turn out to be wrong. Whatever.

At this moment in time, I like what I've heard from Qatar more than Ratcliffe.

MiamiSpartan

They're not evasive or dishonest about what they'll do with the club unlike Ratcliffe (assume that was the point he was making there).

I don't see how you can argue that Ratcliffe will be better for United than Qatar which is mostly what I care about.
Or they've just said what the fans want to hear to get people on their side. Who knows until they do it (or don't do it).

Member 125398

You asked for it by trying to insinuate that I am in favor of human rights abuses.

What they have offered is better than what Ratcliffe has offered. End of story. That's how I judge it.
You attacked Ratcliffe's politics and character while ignoring the elephant in the room, your post said nothing about finance. Calling people morons is a bit rude.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Thats fair. I'm not disputing that. I may turn out to be wrong. Whatever.

At this moment in time, I like what I've heard from Qatar more than Ratcliffe.
Fair enough.

Chelsea fans were calling Boehly the new Abramovich not long ago. Lots now want him out already and Roman back.

Being filthy rich doesn't mean they will make good owners ultimately. Only time will tell if they win the bid.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Pretty dishonest about where the money is coming from though. Hardly inspires confidence. Hahaha

Dan_F

You asked for it by trying to insinuate that I am in favor of human rights abuses.

What they have offered is better than what Ratcliffe has offered. End of story. That's how I judge it.
You may not be, but the people potentially owning your club definitely are, and definitely do commit them. If you’re fine with that because we might win more, then you’ll get called out for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.