Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I’ve used it in the wrong context myself only after I read into it, did I see it’s explicitly the art of guising products as renewable or sustainable to disguise they are doing less damage, maybe an official definition could be added.
Glazers exploring potential sale | Stay on topic and post respectfully | Do not post dodgy tweet sources | That's not what greenwashing is you morons

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
[/QUOTE]
:nono: This is wrong. Assuming Jassim has bid 5bn then that is the valuation he places on the whole club, the Glazers only get 69% of that which is roughly 3.4bn between them. The debt and infrastructure investment may well be on top, but those figures are largely irrelevant to the Glazers and probably won’t affect their decision.
Debt isn’t on top. Infrastructure is. At least that’s according to the latest round of briefs. It’ll likely change again this morning. What’s interesting is if Ratcliffe values the club higher and has made two bids - one for all 69% and one for 51% with Avram/Joel staying on then his bid is higher regardless. Even if the Glazers want to sell all their shares his bid is still highest.

bludsucker

Is that the most stupid and uneducated comment of the week? Probably. Qatar is effectively a dictatorship? Oh, you didn't know that?

Well, who cares. They're gonna build us a new stadion.
So are you absolutely sure that the money is coming from qatar state?? It can as easily come from a cheque written by his dad who is the CEO of the QIB. Are you saying that a qatar businessman isn’t the same as an english businessman?
Is it ok for an English businessman who rapes the environment to use out club as a greenwashing instrument?

Who cares though he isn’t a qatari?

George The Best

:nono: This is wrong. Assuming Jassim has bid 5bn then that is the valuation he places on the whole club, the Glazers only get 69% of that which is roughly 3.4bn between them. The debt and infrastructure investment may well be on top, but those figures are largely irrelevant to the Glazers and probably won’t affect their decision.
Not sure about that. Nobody can bid for the whole club, only the Glazer’s shares are up for sale at this time. The remaining shares, if acquired, won’t go for anything like the value of the Glazer’s B shares. My interpretation is the same as the OP - it’s 5bn for the Glazer’s share only.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Unless something's changed, both Qatar and Jim are only bidding for the Glazer shares (not the 31%).

Raine aren't handling the 31% (again, unless something's changed).

Amir

Isn't greenwashing the use of supposedly green marketing and PR to distract from a company's poor environmental practices? If so, unless he covers OT in solar panels or similar, I'm not sure how united would be used for greenwashing
I'm sure INEOS will use the Old Trafford pitch for PR.

Giggsyking

Why do people keep saying this? Nobody knows his plan. The details haven't been released.

He's not likely to want to see his huge investment fail is he? He's a Utd fan firstly and also he's the richest British person on the planet secondly.

The debt could well be being cleared for all we know. He hasn't said anything.
:wenger:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Isn't greenwashing the use of supposedly green marketing and PR to distract from a company's poor environmental practices? If so, unless he covers OT in solar panels or similar, I'm not sure how united would be used for greenwashing
Imagine how slick the football would be on a solar panel pitch.

whitbyviking

So are you absolutely sure that the money is coming from qatar state?? It can as easily come from a cheque written by his dad who is the CEO of the QIB. Are you saying that a qatar businessman isn’t the same as an english businessman?
Is it ok for an English businessman who rapes the environment to use out club as a greenwashing instrument?

Who cares though he isn’t a qatari?
You do know where all the wealth in Qatar originates from? if Ineos are raping the environment then so are Qatar, or don’t you care about that since it’s done in a foreign country And not closer to home?

This argument is daft! All the negatives you can level at Ineos can more or less directly be leveled at Qatar, vice versa too.

It‘s been said many times but this would be a much nicer and shorter thread if people just admitted they’ve seen City’s gulf state oil money success and want a piece of that. The rest is whataboutism.

For what it is worth it is semi pointless having an oil state backer in comparison to any other filthy rich billionaire, if FFP is doing its job properly. Which is open to debate. In theory the only way around that is to cheat, a la City, which I certainly don’t want to do.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I have only heard about how bad Ratcliff's club in France is doing and it makes me worry about Utd. I fear he would be just another Glazer.

bludsucker

Once again, not what greenwashing is.
It doesn’t line up with the official definition, but there not wrong.

Anyone that thinks Ineos won’t use the purchase of united to improve there image to the outside world is beyond naive.
That's called sportswashing.
They used the wrong word, they are still right.
Edited the post now to reflect the correct word. But my sentiment was the same. Both potential owners should be scrutinized equally in my opinion.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Why do people keep saying this? Nobody knows his plan. The details haven't been released.

He's not likely to want to see his huge investment fail is he? He's a Utd fan firstly and also he's the richest British person on the planet secondly.

The debt could well be being cleared for all we know. He hasn't said anything.
Is he?

A- The guy said that he couldn't watch United play when he was in London. There are university students who are able to do that let alone a billionaire.
B- His bid for United is really really shitty. Present debt will remain on the club, the guy can't be arsed to buy all of the club and he's set to end in bed with the Glazers.

I think he's much of a United fan as he is a British patriot.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Again I will repeat anyone who puts INEOS's so called crimes against humanity alongside those of Qatar has already lost the argument.

When Ineos start persecuting homosexuals in their employment and allowing thousands of them to needlessly die then we can have a conversation.

Lots of people on here so so so desperate to be a sugar daddy club like City will literally say anything to justify their bid. It's actually difficult to witness but not at all surprising.

If you don't care about Qataris and how they are treated then just say so. Don't come up with BS reasons like greenwashing to try and justify your views.

bludsucker

You do know where all the wealth in Qatar originates from? if Ineos are raping the environment then so are Qatar, or don’t you care about that since it’s done in a foreign country And not closer to home?

This argument is daft! All the negatives you can level at Ineos can more or less directly be leveled at Qatar, vice versa too.

It‘s been said many times but this would be a much nicer and shorter thread if people just admitted they’ve seen City’s gulf state oil money success and want a piece of that. The rest is whataboutism.

For what it is worth it is semi pointless having an oil state backer in comparison to any other filthy rich billionaire, if FFP is doing its job properly. Which is open to debate. In theory the only way around that is to cheat, a la City, which I certainly don’t want to do.
If both are raping the environment then i would want an owner who is not retaining the old leeches and is making out club debt free and investing in the infrastructure of the club.

DOTA

Edited the post now to reflect the correct word. But my sentiment was the same. Both potential owners should be scrutinized equally in my opinion.
You are a fine example of the growth capability other posters should aspire to.

LARulz

I have only heard about how bad Ratcliff's club in France is doing and it makes me worry about Utd. I fear he would be just another Glazer.
Thats ultimately what I care about. If Jim was an unknown like this Qatar guy then he almost has benefit of the doubt (for football, nothing else), but there is nothing to suggest in his sports investments he knows what the feck he is doing

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Is he?

A- The guy said that he couldn't watch United play when he was in London. There are university students who are able to do that let alone a billionaire.
B- His bid for United is really really shitty. Present debt will remain on the club, the guy can't be arsed to buy all of the club and he's set to end in bed with the Glazers.

I think he's much of a United fan as he is a British patriot.
He's from Failsworth. Been a Utd fan longer than most of us on here. Maybe he doesn't fancy traveling to Manchester every other week? That's his choice. I would but not everyone is the same.

And on the flip side you are aware that the Qataris first met with FSG to try and get into Liverpool and were rebuffed? Massive Utd fans though apparently.

Also you don't know what his bid exactly entails. Nobody does.

bludsucker

Again I will repeat anyone who puts INEOS's so called crimes against humanity alongside those of Qatar has already lost the argument.

When Ineos start persecuting homosexuals in their employment and allowing thousands of them to needlessly die then we can have a conversation.

Lots of people on here so so so desperate to be a sugar daddy club like City will literally say anything to justify their bid. It's actually difficult to witness but not at all surprising.

If you don't care about Qataris and how they are treated then just say so. Don't come up with BS reasons like greenwashing to try and justify your views.
So as long as someone doesn’t persecute homosexuals it ok for him to go on destroying the world and use United as a vehicle to improve their image worldwide. Got it. Homosexuals are the only people in this world who need to be protected and god forbid anyone raise a voice against any other crime.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
The clubs future is literally at stake here. A lot of people who have made their name/wealth via the club have been far too quiet.

I'll start with the biggest of them all. Sir Alex Ferguson.

He an extent he gets a pass considering what he has done for us but even he isn't untouchable. A lot of people won't like his loyalty being questioned as he's taken on almost a holy figure If he truly loves the club/fans that have given him everything he needs to speak up. He can't just show up to games every week, smile and make a passing comment about the squad every now and then.

Can you imagine the impact if SAF spoke out against the Glazers?

Him and a few other "Legends" can't sit around scratching their a** hoping this will all pass and they'll continue to make an income off their history at the club. TOP figures in and around the club need to speak up now. We will remember who fought for our clubs future and who protected their own interests.
Sir Alex was largely responsible for the situation that saw the Glazers takeover in the first place. He didn’t once criticise them in the 8 years he worked under them - what makes you think he would now?

HarryP

It's easy to get carried away with emotional hatred towards the Glazers and to dismiss any benefits they may bring to the club in a reduced capacity.

They were the pioneers of many present day commercial operations which are standard for all top 4 football clubs these days. They have a lot of valuable expertise in this area which we can exploit so I'm sure Ratcliffe could see the benefits of them as minority shareholders.

I'm more confident that they're less likely to be allowed make poor footballing decisions with Ratcliffe as the majority shareholder (I really doubt he would have allowed Woodward to remain in post for a decade whilst continuously failing and hired Solskjaer as permanent manager).

I think with the new proposed arrangements, we can have the best of both worlds. Ratcliffe largely controlling the football side of things by bringing in his own experts whilst the Glazers focus on growing the commercial aspect of the business.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So as long as someone doesn’t persecute homosexuals it ok for him to go on destroying the world and use United as a vehicle to improve their image worldwide. Got it. Homosexuals are the only people in this world who need to be protected and god forbid anyone raise a voice against any other crime.
Did I say that?

Also were all those migrant workers homosexual? Fairly sure they weren't.

But you're exactly who I'm referring to. You're putting INEOS along side Qatar like it's the same thing.

Why? Because you want oil cash and clearly don't care about the club being used to sports wash a terrible human rights record.

ShinjiNinja26

It's easy to get carried away with emotional hatred towards the Glazers and to dismiss any benefits they may bring to the club in a reduced capacity.

They were the pioneers of many present day commercial operations which are standard for all top 4 football clubs these days. They have a lot of valuable expertise in this area which we can exploit so I'm sure Ratcliffe could see the benefits of them as minority shareholders.

I'm more confident that they're less likely to be allowed make poor footballing decisions with Ratcliffe as the majority shareholder (I really doubt he would have allowed Woodward to remain in post for a decade whilst continuously failing and hired Solskjaer as permanent manager).

I think with the new proposed arrangements, we can have the best of both worlds. Ratcliffe largely controlling the football side of things by bringing in his own experts whilst the Glazers focus on growing the commercial aspect of the business.
Defending the Glazers now? Feck right off! :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

What a load of hog wash. By doing a deal that keeps the glazers involved Sur Jim had made his first mistake. He’s read the room wrong

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
As bad as plastics are I bet Ineos has spent more money on investment intended to find solutions to the problems they cause than the Qatari government has on initiatives to stop them from persecuting homosexuals
There are also worldwide regulations and environmental standards which INEOS has to abide by. If they don’t they will rightly be held accountable and punished. Who is going to punish an autocratic hereditary monarchy for human rights abuses commited in their own country?! It’s simply not comparable.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's from Failsworth. Been a Utd fan longer than most of us on here. Maybe he doesn't fancy traveling to Manchester every other week? That's his choice. I would but not everyone is the same.

And on the flip side you are aware that the Qataris first met with FSG to try and get into Liverpool and were rebuffed? Massive Utd fans though apparently.

Also you don't know what his bid exactly entails. Nobody does.
I don't care where is from. All I am saying is that SJR could have easily travelled to watch United and he could have offered a much better offer for United. He simply chose not to. And this has nothing to do with Jassim or any other person.

Pickle85

Ironically your whole post is a bad faith one. Dismiss greenwashing entirely then claim it’s bad faith not to do so :lol:
Oh dear and a successful United or associating them with your business wouldn’t distract from your poor environmental practices?
You're missing the point: greenwashing is using 'green' PR to distract from poor environmental practices. Which, again, I'm not sure how they'd use united in that way. If you're intent on greenwashing, I fail to see how buying a football club does that. The idea behind greenwashing it to boost an organization's green credentials in the eyes of the public. How would buying a footie club do that? I think you're both maybe misunderstanding what's meant by greenwashing, unless I'm wrong about what it means.

DOTA

I think the ESL push is probably enough for fans to be uncomfortable with this, even in a world it could otherwise be palatable to them.

wolvored

INEOs have been running working debt for years and years, as I've already mentioned previously they cleared out a tonne of debt in order to finance a large acquisition a few years ago.

They brought Nice with literal spare change (dividends basically), they are cash rich, asset rich with ties to numerous banks and loan options.

One thing SJR knows how to do is run a business.

United will not be harmed at all by INEOs taking on debt to buy United.
Yes Nice is lighting up the French league. 10th impressive. What about his other team Lausanne? I feel we wont spend long term on improving the team and will be a top 6 team more regular than a title chasing team

Pickle85

I hear you my man, I have no issue with anybody not wanting the Qatar bid for whatever reason. I just feel that it is a little bit disingenuous for people to keep talking about HRA as the reason as to why.

Every country in the top 10 economies in the world has had HRA issues, every one of them. So if people don't want Qatar to own the club fair enough just stop using the HRA issues as the reason.

And if truth be told I more pissed of with white people telling non white people how they should feel. Telling people they shouldn't use the race card.

There is a reason why you will never hear anybody say stop using the white card, it because white people already have the cards due to the colour of their skin.

Of course you haven't seen much if anything, because I presume you are white. You will never see it which is why there is a term called unconscious bias

Unconscious bias is when people make judgments or decisions on the basis of prior experiences , personal deep-seated thought patterns, assumptions or interpretations, and they are not aware that they are doing it.

Racism does not have to be overt, the majority of time it's not.

But I guess because you have not seen it, then it doesn't exist and all the non white people should just say

OK master
This isn't even worth replying to. Absolutely pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.