g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This always makes me chuckle. He's not a United fan because he had a Chelsea season ticket when living in London? Has it not occurred to anyone that his schedule and location makes it hard to be a season ticket holder at United?

I used to pool in with my mates and get a Palace season ticket just to watch some PL Football on ocasssion. We're all big Manchester United fans, what does that make us?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't care where is from. All I am saying is that SJR could have easily travelled to watch United and he could have offered a much better offer for United. He simply chose not to. And this has nothing to do with Jassim or any other person.
He's probably been to plenty of games though over the years. More than a lot of people on here have been to as well.

How many has Jassim been to?

redNATION

INEOs have been running working debt for years and years, as I've already mentioned previously they cleared out a tonne of debt in order to finance a large acquisition a few years ago.

They brought Nice with literal spare change (dividends basically), they are cash rich, asset rich with ties to numerous banks and loan options.

One thing SJR knows how to do is run a business.

United will not be harmed at all by INEOs taking on debt to buy United.
We will be of other clubs are debt free and can spend freely without having to worry about debt service. Impossible to compete with city and Newcastle with a yoke around our necks.

HarryP

What a load of hog wash. By doing a deal that keeps the glazers involved Sur Jim had made his first mistake. He’s read the room wrong
So your position is you think there is zero benefits the Glazers can offer Utd in a reduced capacity of control?

I get the majority of fans want the Glazers to leave 100% and think we'd be better off as a result. But once upon a time, the majority of fans also thought we'd be better off giving Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a permanent contract as manager. Sometimes (a lot of the time, really) many of the fans read the room wrong.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We will be of other clubs are debt free and can spend freely without having to worry about debt service. Impossible to compete with city and Newcastle with a yoke around our necks.
We've spent as much as City have the last ten years under the parasites so this isn't true.

We have just wasted a lot of it.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
You're missing the point: greenwashing is using 'green' PR to distract from poor environmental practices. Which, again, I'm not sure how they'd use united in that way. If you're intent on greenwashing, I fail to see how buying a football club does that. The idea behind greenwashing it to boost an organization's green credentials in the eyes of the public. How would buying a footie club do that? I think you're both maybe misunderstanding what's meant by greenwashing, unless I'm wrong about what it means.
We can do this - it's been over a thousand pages of completely pointless circular nonsense but this is something we can win on - we will force them all to understand what greenwashing actually is!

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He's probably been to plenty of games though over the years. More than a lot of people on here have been to as well.

How many has Jassim been to?
As said this has nothing to do with Jassim but on SJR. The guy could have easily watched United if he wanted to and he could have easily proposed a far better bid. The guy has no loyalty to anything really. Which is why he moved to Monaco to avoid paying tax and he threatened to close his factory down if the UK agreed to stricter anti pollution rules. Isn't Failsworth in England?

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
So are you absolutely sure that the money is coming from qatar state?? It can as easily come from a cheque written by his dad who is the CEO of the QIB. Are you saying that a qatar businessman isn’t the same as an english businessman?
Is it ok for an English businessman who rapes the environment to use out club as a greenwashing instrument?

Who cares though he isn’t a qatari?
No he isn’t! Jassim is chairman of QIB - HBJ has no connection to them.
Do your research!!!

redNATION

We've spent as much as City have the last ten years under the parasites so this isn't true.

We have just wasted a lot of it.
Big caveat, we don’t know how much City have actually spent hence the investigation into their finances. What about the stadium? The training facilities? Academy? City have spent way more than us, looking at transfers alone isn’t enough, and that’s down to debt servicing and paying the leeches dividends.

Plant0x84

Not sure about that. Nobody can bid for the whole club, only the Glazer’s shares are up for sale at this time. The remaining shares, if acquired, won’t go for anything like the value of the Glazer’s B shares. My interpretation is the same as the OP - it’s 5bn for the Glazer’s share only.
They are only bidding for the Glazers 69% but the process is based on Enterprise value. They must place a valuation on the whole business which meets the Glazers valuation. The Glazers then receive that price per share for their 69%.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Again I will repeat anyone who puts INEOS's so called crimes against humanity alongside those of Qatar has already lost the argument.

When Ineos start persecuting homosexuals in their employment and allowing thousands of them to needlessly die then we can have a conversation.

Lots of people on here so so so desperate to be a sugar daddy club like City will literally say anything to justify their bid. It's actually difficult to witness but not at all surprising.

If you don't care about Qataris and how they are treated then just say so. Don't come up with BS reasons like greenwashing to try and justify your views.
I have to agree.

The other argument for Qatari state investment is that Western Governments are bad as well so who cares.

We all know that our government is bad. I'm currently part of a trade union in dispute with the government over pay and conditions. They're not trying to buy our football club though.

HarryP

As said this has nothing to do with Jassim but on SJR. The guy could have easily watched United if he wanted to and he could have easily proposed a far better bid. The guy has no loyalty to anything really. Which is why he moved to Monaco to avoid paying tax and he threatened to close his factory down if the UK agreed to stricter anti pollution rules. Isn't Failsworth in England?
He is a Utd fan.

Look at the interview he did when he tried to buy Chelsea. He was asked why he isn't buying the club he actually supports and he responded by saying 'because Manchester United isn't for sale'

He never denied he was a Utd fan even when he was trying to buy Chelsea.

Pickle85

We can do this - it's been over a thousand pages of completely pointless circular nonsense but this is something we can win on - we will force them all to understand what greenwashing actually is!
Just in the interests of accuracy...!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You were trying to justify not having him because he doesn't go to games every week. The other guy has been to less games.

Your argument is ridiculous. He's been to miles more games than Jassim has no doubt.

Like I said there are arguments to be had against Sir Jim. That isn't one of them though.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
So your position is you think there is zero benefits the Glazers can offer Utd in a reduced capacity of control?

I get the majority of fans want the Glazers to leave 100% and think we'd be better off as a result. But once upon a time, the majority of fans also thought we'd be better off giving Ole Gunnar Solskjaer a permanent contract as manager. Sometimes (a lot of the time, really) many of the fans read the room wrong.
Digging a bigger hole. I guarantee you United fans would willingly choose to take ole back if it meant the glazers are out for good. You are completely misreading how much the glazers are hated. Every time something doesn’t go right for SJR the assumption will be that it’s because the glazers are still there. United need them gone so that we can move on. Not keeping leeches that have no interest other than how much they can make out of the club

frankly it’s disgusting that you’d position yourself as a glazer stooge

Plant0x84

Unless something's changed, both Qatar and Jim are only bidding for the Glazer shares (not the 31%).

Raine aren't handling the 31% (again, unless something's changed).
Nothings changed. The bids are based on EV. The glazers own 69% so that is the proportion of the bid they receive.

That is how the INEOS bid places a higher valuation on the club than Jassim. However if the bid is only for 51% (and therefore control) they will only pay that 51% (somewhere in the region of 2.5 - 3.5bn depending on their exact bid)

DevilsOwn

For what it is worth it is semi pointless having an oil state backer in comparison to any other filthy rich billionaire, if FFP is doing its job properly. Which is open to debate. In theory the only way around that is to cheat, a la City, which I certainly don’t want to do.

Not really.

Wipe out the Debt servicing Expenses, and our incme and thus FFP limits increase.

Ditto, for getting better commercial deals from middle east, proportionate to our popularity..

Or bringing in new major income streams from digital etc (that the Qatari bid is supposedly focusing on).

Not to forget, stadium expansion and related income growth potential

These are some obvious ways to be fair within the FFP system and still have massive boost to pur spending capacity.

Not to say that SJR bid can't do that (ineos already sponsors Mercedes in F1, so that's a tried route for them).

But, till now we really haven't heard much on these fronts from the SJR bid. This has to be a big red flag.

Terry Chango

That’s my position too. 100%

They would only wish to stay for benefit of themselves

devilish

You were trying to justify not having him because he doesn't go to games every week. The other guy has been to less games.

Your argument is ridiculous. He's been to miles more games than Jassim has no doubt.

Like I said there are arguments to be had against Sir Jim. That isn't one of them though.
I am simply saying that the guy can't be trusted. What he says is not what he does. You only have to see what was promised by INEOS to Lausanne and Nice and what actually happened. Once again Jassim has nothing to do with this argument

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
What a load of hog wash. By doing a deal that keeps the glazers involved Sur Jim had made his first mistake. He’s read the room wrong
This point is irrelevant because neither bid has met the Glazer’s long stated £6bn demand, with the Qatari bid (according to the latest reports) placing less value on the Glazer’s shareholding than the INEOS bid.

In addition to this long stated demand is the long rumoured reluctance that 2 of the Glazer siblings have towards selling the club. The INEOS bid simply contains flexibility in response to this. Either way it’s still for full control of the club - for the Glazer’s entire 69% shareholding or for 50%+1, allowing the 2 siblings who are reluctant to sell to retain a minority share.

Last edited:

devilish

He is a Utd fan.

Look at the interview he did when he tried to buy Chelsea. He was asked why he isn't buying the club he actually supports and he responded by saying 'because Manchester United isn't for sale'

He never denied he was a Utd fan even when he was trying to buy Chelsea.
He said he has conflicting loyalties. However his support is irrelevant. People can put their support on a side on matters of business

Bosws87

Surely this is heading to a word in the ear of the Qataris will you match the valuation price for your bid to Jim’s and the answer will determine the outcome.

Incredibly simple language compared to the realities, but that’s the stage.

Plant0x84

In what world can he afford to buy us without borrowing?
The real world. Especially if his bid is accepted for 51%. That’s only circa 3bn.
INEOS annual revenues are c.£50bn. SJR net worth is £13bn. His two business partners are worth about £6bn each.
They might not match Qatar state for wealth, but trust they have the money to back their bid.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
Whether United end up being owned by Qatar or not, so many reds have essentially disqualified themselves from ever being critical of city or Newcastle. Remember when we used to sing "hollow, hollow, hollow" at Chelsea. Your banned from singing that from now too. Ultimately, you don't have to welcome them in with complete open arms.

If you're going on the protest today, make your point and make it loud, but please try and do it without actively supporting the Qatari bid.

Sweet Square

Btw maybe SJR had a Chelsea season ticket for environmental reasons. Just imagine the carbon footprint of travelling to Manchester from London every two weeks!

OneUnited24

Given that all sides have signed an NDA does it mean they can never talk about it?

Wonder if SJ bid is being reported as less because that way the two useless brothers can claim SJR was the best bid which let them stay as minority investors

Bosws87

Whether United end up being owned by Qatar or not, so many reds have essentially disqualified themselves from ever being critical of city or Newcastle. Remember when we used to sing "hollow, hollow, hollow" at Chelsea. Your banned from singing that from now too. Ultimately, you don't have to welcome them in with complete open arms.

If you're going on the protest today, make your point and make it loud, but please try and do it without actively supporting the Qatari bid.
Having state owners does not equate to purposely skirting the rules to your benefit, although I appreciate the point.

Dve

So are you absolutely sure that the money is coming from qatar state?? It can as easily come from a cheque written by his dad who is the CEO of the QIB. Are you saying that a qatar businessman isn’t the same as an english businessman?
Is it ok for an English businessman who rapes the environment to use out club as a greenwashing instrument?

Who cares though he isn’t a qatari?
You are into denial. If Putin wanted to by buy the club - and a new stadion - I'm sure you would be all over the place pinning the resistance to Russia-phobia.

humdinger

Keeping the Glazers involved will really annoy the fans but is probably what will see him selected as preferred bidder though.

Plant0x84

@Plant0x84 can you explain to him and everyone else how he affords it all without borrowing and causing us more debt?
Already did Spud. Worth noting also that well serviced debt is a normal beneficial aspect of business, is likely to be borne by INEOS not the club and is absolutely nothing to fear.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
You are into denial. If Putin wanted to by buy the club - and a new stadion - I'm sure you would be all over the place pinning the resistance to Russia-phobia.
If Putin was to bid for the club now, you'd have people waving Russian flags and burning their Ukranian ones by half time today.

"Success at all costs" should be a new tagine for our support.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This point is irrelevant because neither bid has met the Glazer’s long stated £6bn demand, with the Qatari bid (according to the latest reports) placing less value on the Glazer’s shareholding than the INEOS bid.

in addition to this long stated demand is the long rumoured reluctance that 2 of the Glazer siblings have towards selling the club. The INEOS bid simply contains flexibility in response to this. Either way it’s still for full control of the club - for the Glazer’s entire 69% shareholding or for 50%+1, allowing the 2 siblings who are reluctant to sell to retain a minority share.
They will still be there whichever way you cut control

Status
Not open for further replies.