Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

One thing we know is that Ratcliffe can’t come out saying he will put the club back where it belongs, make us great “again “ etc.

If he’s partnering with the Glazers they won’t let him given it would be insulting to them, and it would make things awkward for Ratcliffe.

You can see why people are set against him, letting the people who fecked up the club stay is near unforgivable. No real Utd fan would contemplate it if they were buying the club, which makes Ratcliffe look more like an opportunist than a person who has the clubs best interests at heart.
So does that mean he can't come out and say anything about the debt and investment into squad/stadium/training facilities

redNATION

So does that mean he can't come out and say anything about the debt and investment into squad/stadium/training facilities
There’s nothing stopping him doing that now, the Qataris have done that. He’s not made his intentions known at all, other than bending over backwards to let the Glazers stay in some capacity.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I honestly thought that thanks to this takeover we will be able to turn a new page and to start competing again. Shame

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don’t know what’s going to happen if Ratcliffe won this battle but if there is positivity I can bring it up is that we will have Nice as our feeding club that can help us. We can buy their players in a cheap price or send our young players on loan to give them top tier competition football or let Nice buy young player that we reluctant to buy due to not able to give them minutes like caicedo then we buy them later with cheap price.

NK86

Honestly, I think it's a simple case of them not being able to prove the source of the funds without admitting it's the State behind it and not Jassim. After all the bravado early on, as soon as it came out Raine would be seeking proof of funds, Qatar went quiet.

It's only my opinion but I'm connecting the dots and everything adds up.
You're putting 2 and 2 together and calling it 5 million. If it was proof of funds causing an issue, we would have definitely heard rumblings of it. It's a simple case of SJ/Qatar being outbid by JR/Ineos. If Ineos win it, hands down they win it as the strongest/highest bidder in terms of money being offered to the Glazers whether it is for 51% of the club or for the entire 69% held by all the Glazers siblings.

NK86

So you gonna be against him no matter what he says about his plans for the club
Like always, it matters squat what us fans think of any particular owner. Once we have a new owner, they can do with United as they please. They could sell OT tomorrow and lease it back and we could do nothing to stop that.

It would be nice to have Ineos come out and state what their plans are regarding existing debt, stadium/Carrington upgrades, investment in women's side, investment in our first team and academy. However, it won't matter because no one can enforce that on them unless it's in an ironclad contract like how it is with Clearlake and Chelsea. Doubt the Glazers give a damn about what either bidder wants to do with United if they are fecking off for good.

devilish

So you gonna be against him no matter what he says about his plans for the club
INEOS promised European football to Lausanne and regular CL football to Nice. Nice never played in the CL under INEOS and Lausanne got relegated...twice. Ratcliffe pushed in favour of Brexit and then went to live in Monaco to avoid paying taxes to the country he claims to love. He also claims to be a United fan and yet he tried to buy Chelsea and he moved his Land rovers production into the much maligned EU rather then the sun lit uplands. He didn't remove his pollution though and INEOS is the biggest polluter in Scotland

So no I can't care less what Ratcliffe says. I also have zero faith in his ability to manage football clubs either and that's based on solid evidence rather then wishful thinking. The only way I'll change my mind is if he actually produce the goods. That means no debt, a club that is seriously competing for honours, no Glazers and OT rebuilt. Not that my opinion or that of any other fan matter. We mean nothing to these sort of people.

NK86

One thing we know is that Ratcliffe can’t come out saying he will put the club back where it belongs, make us great “again “ etc.

If he’s partnering with the Glazers they won’t let him given it would be insulting to them, and it would make things awkward for Ratcliffe.

You can see why people are set against him, letting the people who fecked up the club stay is near unforgivable. No real Utd fan would contemplate it if they were buying the club, which makes Ratcliffe look more like an opportunist than a person who has the clubs best interests at heart.
If the Glazers stay in minority, you think they will have any say on what Ineos do with investing in the club and improving it? You really think they would rather have their asset stagnate or get worse costing them millions due to pettiness. Have you never read about the Glazers before today?

Marcelinho87

As shit a decision Brexit was why do people keep lumping it in with war crimes, pollution, tax dodging etc? Those are illegal whereas Brexit was a legitimate question asked to the public.

How and why do people keep adding it to a list of illegal activities.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The two Glazers are staying, the debt won't be wiped...it just seems like it'll be more of the same.

croadyman

Like always, it matters squat what us fans think of any particular owner. Once we have a new owner, they can do with United as they please. They could sell OT tomorrow and lease it back and we could do nothing to stop that.

It would be nice to have Ineos come out and state what their plans are regarding existing debt, stadium/Carrington upgrades, investment in women's side, investment in our first team and academy. However, it won't matter because no one can enforce that on them unless it's in an ironclad contract like how it is with Clearlake and Chelsea. Doubt the Glazers give a damn about what either bidder wants to do with United if they are fecking off for good.
Yeah the sooner INEOS come out and outline their plans on those things in the second paragraph the better I will feel but no others still won't change their minds anyway

NK86

INEOS promised European football to Lausanne and regular CL football to Nice. Nice never played in the CL under INEOS and Lausanne got relegated...twice. Ratcliffe pushed in favour of Brexit and then went to live in Monaco. He claims to be a United fan and yet he tried to buy Chelsea and he moved his Land rovers production into the much maligned EU rather then the sun lit uplands. So no I can't care less what Ratcliffe says. I also have zero faith in his ability to manage football clubs either and that's based on solid evidence rather then wishful thinking. The only way I'll change my mind is if he actually produce the goods. That means no debt, a club that is seriously competing for honours, no Glazers and OT rebuilt. Not that my opinion or that of any other fan matter. We mean nothing to these sort of people.
I think having no Glazers is perfect but 2 of them staying in a minority capacity can be palatable as long as he delivers on all the other points you mentioned. Ultimately he has to deliver the goods, otherwise it won't take long for the posters on here defending him to turn on him.

croadyman

INEOS promised European football to Lausanne and regular CL football to Nice. Nice never played in the CL under INEOS and Lausanne got relegated...twice. Ratcliffe pushed in favour of Brexit and then went to live in Monaco to avoid paying taxes to the country he claims to love. He also claims to be a United fan and yet he tried to buy Chelsea and he moved his Land rovers production into the much maligned EU rather then the sun lit uplands. He didn't remove his pollution though and INEOS is the biggest polluter in Scotland

So no I can't care less what Ratcliffe says. I also have zero faith in his ability to manage football clubs either and that's based on solid evidence rather then wishful thinking. The only way I'll change my mind is if he actually produce the goods. That means no debt, a club that is seriously competing for honours, no Glazers and OT rebuilt. Not that my opinion or that of any other fan matter. We mean nothing to these sort of people.
Doesn't have to be necessarily no debt but totally agree about the other points though

NK86

Yeah the sooner INEOS come out and outline their plans on those things in the second paragraph the better I will feel
They could sell you clouds, but it matters little unless they deliver on those. Time for talk is well and truly over. Whoever comes in has a massive summer transfer window and season ahead of them. If they feck it up, people won't remember "oh they promised all will be ok" and stay calm.

We can just hope now that if it's Ineos, they do better and quicker than what they have shown with their other 2 clubs.

devilish

I think having no Glazers is perfect but 2 of them staying in a minority capacity can be palatable as long as he delivers on all the other points you mentioned. Ultimately he has to deliver the goods, otherwise it won't take long for the posters on here defending him to turn on him.
Honestly I believe that most of those defending him are doing so because he is one of them so whether he's successful or not doesn't really matter to the majority of them. In the beginning the red lines were quite simple. Full ownership, Zero Debt, Investment in the infrastructure and Glazers out. Rat shat on most if not all of those red lines and yet they still drink his cool aid.

NK86

Honestly I believe that most of those defending him are doing so because he is one of them so whether he's successful or not doesn't really matter to the majority of them. In the beginning the red lines were quite simple. Zero Debt, Investment in the infrastructure and Glazers out. Rat shat on most if not all of those red lines and yet they still drink his cool aid.
I hope that we won't be fractured on supporting the club over who owns us. No matter the new owner, only the best for United has to be the consideration when evaluating the performance of the new owner.

Now we cannot do much, let's just hope it's done quickly so that we don't have another season get fecked due to Glazers' ineptness. It's dragged on for way too long already.

croadyman

Yeah if he doesn't deliver the goods then like you say even his most staunch supporters on here will lose faith in him as well

devilish

I hope that we won't be fractured on supporting the club over who owns us. No matter the new owner, only the best for United has to be the consideration when evaluating the performance of the new owner.

Now we cannot do much, let's just hope it's done quickly so that we don't have another season get fecked due to Glazers' ineptness. It's dragged on for way too long already.
Honestly I can't care less when this shit show ends and if it going to screw up our transfer plans. I am resigned for another decade or so of playing second fiddle to the likes of Newcastle and City so one botched transfer window won't matter. If this guy can't come second (or third, or fourth) in a one man race and can get relegated in a pub league with no horses whatsoever then how on earth is he going to compete against Abu Dhabi and Saudi? Just wait till bike man comes in to give tips on how a football club should be run as he did with NICE. Hopefully he won't bring in Ian Moody this time round

NK86

Honestly I can't care less when this shit show ends and if it going to screw up our transfer plans. I am resigned for another decade or so of playing second fiddle to the likes of Newcastle and City so one botched transfer window won't matter. If this guy can't come second (or third, or fourth) in a one man race and can get relegated in a league with no horses whatsoever then how on earth is he going to compete against Abu Dhabi and Saudi? Just wait till bike man comes in to give tips on how a football club should be run as he did with NICE. Hopefully he won't bring in Ian Moody this time round
I know you do like your pessimistic views, but come on. Let's at least give the man at least a season before we give up on a decade. Honestly we could get Qatar and even then we could be fecked if they play FM with our team.

At this point, I want it to be over so that we can turn the page. No matter what people say, it is a very interesting time in our history. New owners will always bring with themselves new hope.

devilish

No supporters are going to stop supporting us if Jim’s bid is successful. You don’t need to worry about that.
they won't but most of us are just diverting their children away of football. There's no point spending weekends in a bad mood as we do. There are way better ways to spend your free time.

Pickle85

they won't but most of us are just diverting their children away of football. There's no point spending weekends in a bad mood as we do. There are way better ways to spend your free time.
You seem to spend your entire life in a bad mood. I genuinely don't think I've ever seen a single positive post from you.

NK86

No supporters are going to stop supporting us if Jim’s bid is successful. You don’t need to worry about that.
I meant more in terms of blindly accepting whatever he serves up or does to our club because he was your preferred option.

devilish

I know you do like your pessimistic views, but come on. Let's at least give the man at least a season before we give up on a decade. Honestly we could get Qatar and even then we could be fecked if they play FM with our team.

At this point, I want it to be over so that we can turn the page. No matter what people say, it is a very interesting time in our history. New owners will always bring with themselves new hope.
You asked my opinion and I gave it to you. From INEOS football history there's absolutely nothing to be optimistic about and the fact that the guy can't be arsed to buy the club outright doesn't inspire me with confidence either. Hopefully I am proven wrong. I assure you mate, there wouldn't be a happier guy in here if that happened then me.

Pickle85

You asked my opinion and I gave it to you. From INEOS football history there's absolutely nothing to be optimistic about and the fact that the guy can't be arsed to buy the club outright doesn't inspire me with confidence either. Hopefully I am proven wrong. I assure you mate, there wouldn't be a happier guy in here if that happened then me. I doubt it though.
Yeah, because that's the reason he's not buying it outright. Good one.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I meant more in terms of blindly accepting whatever he serves up or does to our club because he was your preferred option.
That will also categorically not happen if Jim takes over. He’s probably a massive prick and will be scrutinised closely.

devilish

Yeah, because that's the reason he's not buying it outright. Good one.
If he is that rich or/and dedicated then he would have bought the club outright. Anyway we were aiming for a full take over, no debt, Glazers out and competent people in. I doubt that we'll see any of that happening. I honestly hope I am wrong though.

lsd

The Oracle
They are tax dodgers (why do you think United is registered in the Cayman Islands?).

They aren't British (so didn't have a vote on Brexit, and so you don't know if they supported, opposed, or didn't care about Brexit).

But they did support and give money to Trump, which is worse (and will probably support Trump again, or DeSantis, both of which just compounds this).

There had tried to get investment in the club from Saudi Arabia.

They own a cricket team in UAE.

So yeah, pretty much every example that you gave about them not being morally problematic, was wrong.

Avram and Joel are staunch Democrats

redNATION

If the Glazers stay in minority, you think they will have any say on what Ineos do with investing in the club and improving it? You really think they would rather have their asset stagnate or get worse costing them millions due to pettiness. Have you never read about the Glazers before today?
Why let them stay at all if they’re not going to have a say? Interesting you should use the word stagnate - that’s exactly what’s happened to the club under the Glazers, have you not read about the Glazers before today?

I’m yet too see any reason why a supposed life long fan would want to keep the Glazers on board.

Pickle85

If he is that rich or/and dedicated then he would have bought the club outright. Anyway we were aiming for a full take over, no debt, Glazers out and competent people in. I doubt that we'll see any of that happening. I honestly hope I am wrong though.
Qatar are apparently that rich, right? Guess we dodged a bullet with them missing out as by your logic they obviously can't be arsed even more than SJR.

Pickle85

Why let them stay at all if they’re not going to have a say? Interesting you should use the word stagnate - that’s exactly what’s happened to the club under the Glazers, have you not read about the Glazers before today?

I’m yet too see any reason why a supposed life long fan would want to keep the Glazers on board.
Because there may not be another option other than them keeping the club. It's really not that difficult to understand.

devilish

Qatar are apparently that rich, right? Guess we dodged a bullet with them missing out as by your logic they obviously can't be arsed even more than SJR.
If they intended to invest that much then they would be utterly stupid to do so with the Glazers on board. They might as well move to another club were the owners are less greedy. You should ask yourself why so many ABUs prefer United to be bought by INEOS and not Qatar. Cause I doubt that they like United very much or want it successful.

Pickle85

If they intended to invest that much then they would be utterly stupid to do so with the Glazers on board. They might as well move to another club were the owners are less greedy. You should ask yourself why so many ABUs prefer United to be bought by INEOS and not Qatar. Cause I doubt that they like United very much or want it successful.
So why when SJR isn't able to carry out a full takeover is he 'not arsed' but when the Qataris are unable to do it they're canny business people? At least SJR is 'arsed' enough about the purchase to compromise. The Qataris clearly aren't 'arsed' enough about it to do that.

devilish

Because there may not be another option other than them keeping the club. It's really not that difficult to understand.
So why when SJR isn't able to carry out a full takeover is he 'not arsed' but when the Qataris are unable to do it they're canny business people? At least SJR is 'arsed' enough about the purchase to compromise. The Qataris clearly aren't 'arsed' enough about it to do that.
If that option wasn't given to them in the first place then they would have probably fecked off. The Glazers can't afford to own the club for long. Irrespective of that no real fan/owner would and should accept to end up in bed with the Glazers.

redNATION

So Ratcliffe doesn’t have enough money to buy them out outright but he has enough money for significant transfers, rebuilding OT and club infrastructure, also paying off the debt, all without taking on more debt?

He must be able to grow money on trees because that sounds like magical stuff.

Pickle85

If that option wasn't given to them in the first place then they would have probably fecked off. The Glazers can't afford to own the club for long. Irrespective of that no real fan/owner would and should accept to end up in bed with the Glazers.
Accepting them being minority shareholders in the club is an absolute world away from being in bed with them. Stop being disingenuous.

Pickle85

So Ratcliffe doesn’t have enough money to buy them out outright but he has enough money for significant transfers, rebuilding OT and club infrastructure, also paying off the debt, all without taking on more debt?

He must be able to grow money on trees because that sounds like magical stuff.
So do you think Qatar don't have the money to buy the club outright? Because it looks as though that's not happening either.

In reality, it looks as though they'll be impossible to dislodge in a full sale. To turn the question back on you, how would you force them to sell shares they're clearly totally unwilling to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.