Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I heard a lot of the things getting put out there are from INEOS and not Raine. No way of verifying this though. Just a rumour.
They're all at it, but Raine have created an environment where the two are pitted against each other, so they are ultimately responsible. To state the obvious this bidding process will be following some carefully mathematically designed piece of game theory implimented by Raine and purely intended to squeeze higher bids. The various rumours are simply the waste product of that engine and have no value as information.

AlPistacho

I must be bored...

1. Goldbridge is a toxic cnut who is an embarrassment to the club.
2. A few people probably see JR as some kind of hero/saviour. A few probably feel that way about SJ. Most are in between. Making stupid arguments against the extremes is what idiots like him do.
3. Goldbridge is a cnut.
4. While a few people might judge the quality of the candidates on their race, they can safely be ignored because they're racist.
5. Being from Qatar, in this instance, is a relevant factor. Especially considering that there's big doubts about who the money belongs to. And given the last 15 years of football's acquiescence to state oil money and rampant rule breaking.
6. Goldbridge videos lower the national I.Q. and should be banned from the universe.

I could go on, but I'm sure you get my drift by now. Even on the odd accasion he's right(I'm guessing there have been a few), there's still little point watching his videos, and sharing them for others to suffer is almost barbaric.

I have no preference between the two, by the way. They both look like terrible potential owners.
You attacked his character but not his argument.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Says a lot if you disagree with Goldbridge there. Doesn’t mean he isn’t a clown.

AlPistacho

So are fans giddy about Jassim's personal wealth or Qatar's? Let's not lie to ourselves here.

Regardless it would be equally as braindead. Imagine fans holding up an American flag to support Bohley or a Union Jack for Ratcliffe :lol:
I think it’s just people who want the better bid proposal.

HarryP

I heard a lot of the things getting put out there are from INEOS and not Raine. No way of verifying this though. Just a rumour.
That's not surprising because you do follow a lot of partisan pro Qatar accounts.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
I must be bored...

2. A few people probably see JR as some kind of hero/saviour. A few probably feel that way about SJ. Most are in between. Making stupid arguments against the extremes is what idiots like him do.
3. Goldbridge is a cnut.
4. While a few people might judge the quality of the candidates on their race, they can safely be ignored because they're racist.
5. Being from Qatar, in this instance, is a relevant factor. Especially considering that there's big doubts about who the money belongs to. And given the last 15 years of football's acquiescence to state oil money and rampant rule breaking.
6. Goldbridge videos lower the national I.Q. and should be banned from the universe.

I could go on, but I'm sure you get my drift by now. Even on the odd accasion he's right(I'm guessing there have been a few), there's still little point watching his videos, and sharing them for others to suffer is almost barbaric.

I have no preference between the two, by the way. They both look like terrible potential owners.
Agree

RORY65

Don’t think it’s racism. But it’s true at each stage. If 1) the bid proposals were reversed everyone would be laughing at Jassim’s bid and applauding Jim for no debt, investing in women’s team (strangely ignored) investing in stadium & training ground and local area.

2) If Jassim was the one offering to keep the glazers I guarantee you almost everyone who doesn’t find it a problem because it’s Jim would use it against Jassim
Well obviously but this somewhat ignores that most people who are opposed to Jassim believe he's basically the front for a state bid, which posters (including myself) don't want, or if by some chance he isn't then there's legitimate concerns about how someone who was a middle manager at a bank and now chairs a bank that makes $2bn in revenue has gathered the funds to buy the club.

If Sheikh Jassim was a known person and it was clear that the bid was genuinely privately funded then I'm sure pretty much everyone would be on board with the bid. It's not as if I think the INEOS bid is that appealing, it's just the Glazer's or United becoming a tool for a state are worse.

Strootman's Finger

I must be bored...

3. Goldbridge is a cnut.

Sounds like someone's bitter 1.6 million people want to listen to Goldbridge's thoughts on United and not theirs.

MiamiSpartan

Maybe in the last couple of weeks, but Qatar has been most of it through this process. Mitten's UWS article apparently says that Qatar leaked the news about the leaving the Glazers with 20%. That is at least the second different report that that was the case. And it makes sense. Turned fans against Ratcliffe. No mention that Ineos offered an option for the full 69%. No mention that the remaining Glazers would be bought out in 2-3 years. And people are still running around spouting these ideas without the added context that has since come out.

By the same token, it may be Ineos that briefed that Qatar was looking to buy Mbappe, Koman, etc., or that Qatar were looking to hire former players to run things. Or, if Qatar did leak those, they've misjudged the fanbase, as even Qatar stans weren't excited about those reports.

greenoffpearson

Maybe in the last couple of weeks, but Qatar has been most of it through this process. Mitten's UWS article apparently says that Qatar leaked the news about the leaving the Glazers with 20%. That is at least the second different report that that was the case. And it makes sense. Turned fans against Ratcliffe. No mention that Ineos offered an option for the full 69%. No mention that the remaining Glazers would be bought out in 2-3 years. And people are still running around spouting these ideas without the added context that has since come out.

By the same token, it may be Ineos that briefed that Qatar was looking to buy Mbappe, Koman, etc., or that Qatar were looking to hire former players to run things. Or, if Qatar did leak those, they've misjudged the fanbase, as even Qatar stans weren't excited about those reports.
What difference does it make to the Glazers who the fans prefer or otherwise. Save for the riot, the Glazers have never shown any concern.

cyberman

69 percent was mentioned and the Glazers being bought out, if anybody wanted to by the way, was mentioned as well.
No need to misrepresent it

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

I was talking more specifically about recent articles like the Lipton piece in the Sun and the Times piece. From what I heard it came from INEOS and not Raine/Club sources

Chief123

I’ve heard rumours that they are interested in purchasing some or all of Manchester Airport. I believe they have some stake in Heathrow already
Yep Qatar own around 20% of Heathrow. They own harrods. Also largest shareholders in Sainsbury’s.

ForeverRed1

You do realise the same environmental concerns can be leveled at Qatar.

As for Ineos, since you are so very concerned about the environment, are you saying that you wouldn't use any of the products below (as they are some of what Ineos, and other petrochem companies, produce)

• Solvents used in the production of insulin, antibiotics and vital vaccinations;
  • The key raw materials for carbon fibre, making transport lighter and stronger;
  • Chlorine to purify drinking water;
  • Synthetic oils that help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from road transportation;
  • Modern plastics to package, protect and preserve food & drink;
  • Materials to insulate houses, offices, electrical and telecommunications cables; and
  • Products essential for renewable energy technology.
yes neither of them are perfect but it seems to be our only choices so what do we do, lesser of two evils and all that.

Member 101269

Well obviously but this somewhat ignores that most people who are opposed to Jassim believe he's basically the front for a state bid, which posters (including myself) don't want, or if by some chance he isn't then there's legitimate concerns about how someone who was a middle manager at a bank and now chairs a bank that makes $2bn in revenue has gathered the funds to buy the club.

If Sheikh Jassim was a known person and it was clear that the bid was genuinely privately funded then I'm sure pretty much everyone would be on board with the bid. It's not as if I think the INEOS bid is that appealing, it's just the Glazer's or United becoming a tool for a state are worse.
The level of mental gymnastics/duality here is incredible:
Jassim is a Chairman, not middle management
Are Jassim's investments/CV online somewhere that permits a you to call out his involvement in business activities, are Jim's full investments/CV online?

As for the "basically the front for a state bid" it's been done to death, there is zip zero no evidence other than in peoples heads. If anything, Jassim's father stating it's Jassim's investment and he (Jassims father) could invest, adds weight that it isn't a state bid.

Marcelinho87

Can’t deny this is true. I know people will attack his character and not his argument. That alone says a lot.
Absolute drivel.

I'd argue right now SJR is being portrayed a villain more so than SJ...

The majority of idiots who turn up in headscarfs and Qatar flags are usually the Brexit loving, bulldog tatted tools.

stevoc

pretty concerning. A match going fan with a Qatar fan at OT and some pro freedom of speech pro democracy pro Ratcliffe fan tried taking it off him

People bringing Qatari flags to OT is a new low. Won't be long before some feckwit has a tea towel wrapped round his head.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
pretty concerning. A match going fan with a Qatar fan at OT and some pro freedom of speech pro democracy pro Ratcliffe fan tried taking it off him

Nothing concerning about it. It's a state flag and just sends the wrong message. This isn't the public corner at Hyde Park.

Member 125398

The point is that you can make money in multiple ways.

They might see United as a gateway to Manchester and plan to make the big bucks based on asset appreciation, same as Chelsea.

This would mean massive money for United, so who cares if he's got private investors. I personally think it's Qatar-sponsored but not fully backed.
The point is that under the INEOS bid, the debt transfers to INEOS, under the Qatar bid to whoever is funding it. In both cases they'll expect a return at some unspecified point in the future. Your point about making money in multiple ways applies to both bids.

I understand people's distaste for the potential involvement of the Glazers and have that same distaste myself. There has been a serious lack of scrutiny of Qatar's bid imo, with people blinded by the prospect of unlimited funds of which we have no guarantee.

lsd

The Oracle

Can’t deny this is true. I know people will attack his character and not his argument. That alone says a lot.

Not even remotely true the majority of United fans I see from are making nonsensical claims about Jim not having the money and shouldn't be in charge of United.

All because they are blinded by the same oil money they despise City for having.

If Qatar take us over then we are dead as a club and anything we achieve is as tainted as what City do

MiamiSpartan

What difference does it make to the Glazers who the fans prefer or otherwise. Save for the riot, the Glazers have never shown any concern.
Rught, it makes no difference. But Qatar seems to have not grasped that. They have made a heavy concerted PR push since this began to get fans behind them, while lowballing their bid.

lsd

The Oracle
Are Jassim's investments/CV online somewhere that permits a you to call out his involvement in business activities, are Jim's full investments/CV online?

As for the "basically the front for a state bid" it's been done to death, there is zip zero no evidence other than in peoples heads. If anything, Jassim's father stating it's Jassim's investment and he (Jassims father) could invest, adds weight that it isn't a state bid.
Jassim doesn't have the money not does he even come close to having it

RORY65

I literally said he chairs (chairs bare in mind, doesn't own or have big stake in) a bank which has revenues of $2bn, I said he was middle management (which he was before he got on the board at Credit Suisse, whose 2nd biggest shareholders were coincidentally the QIA).

As for your other point, I can review INEOS' financial statements online and see their financial position. To this point we're struggling to get a picture of Jassim in colour.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
What is the probability of shadow bidding going on?

MiamiSpartan

69 percent was mentioned and the Glazers being bought out, if anybody wanted to by the way, was mentioned as well.
No need to misrepresent it
What did I misrepresent? The first reports after the third round about Ineos offering to buy 51% and let the Glazers keep 20% did not mention that Ineos gave them two options on the third round. At least not the first articles that I had read about it. If some gave that context and some didn't, fair enough, but there is no intent to misrepresent on my part.

And it is definitely the case that the initial reports didn't mention the plan to buy them out in a couple of years. Castles was the first to report that the Sunday after the third round deadline, and it was several more days until any other outlets reported that part.

Nickelodeon

No evidence means that it can't be proven but doesn't mean that it isn't true.

But out of curiosity, what is your opinion? Do you genuinely believe that the Qatar bid is not a state-sponsored bid?

JagUTD

Surely Jassim can muster up a few quid to sort his passport out? How much can a Qatari passport even be? He probably doesn't have to pay for it anyway.

Doesn't look great if he can't even sort a passport out. You sure this is the guy to take United back to the top?

MiamiSpartan

The nine two foundation's public documents from when it was set up literally list state money, as well as loans, as one of the possible sources of funding.

JagUTD

yes neither of them are perfect but it seems to be our only choices so what do we do, lesser of two evils and all that.
I mean, if environmental concerns are your biggest issue, the there has always been a third option available. Keep the Glazers in full control.

Environmentally speaking, they're significantly better than both Ineos and Qatar.

Member 101269

I literally said he chairs a bank which has revenues of $2bn, I said he was middle management (which he was before he got on the board at Credit Suisse, whose 2nd biggest shareholders were coincidentally the QIA).

As for your other point, I can review INEOS' financial statements online and see their financial position. To this point we're struggling to get a picture of Jassim in colour.
My apologies I missed the Chair, however the rest about a front stands.

You can see a reported/communicated historical position for INEOS, not their position. If you're struggling with Jassim's position that is on you and not him. I've always stated the process will determine whether he has the money, his father seems to think he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.