Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

redNATION

The nine two foundation's public documents from when it was set up literally list state money, as well as loans, as one of the possible sources of funding.
No different from any other investment fund. Sovereign wealth funds are active investors now so money from QIA, PIF, Mubadala etc can be in any number of investment funds and vehicles including 92F

RORY65

My apologies I missed the Chair, however the rest about a front stands.

You can see a reported/communicated historical position for INEOS, not their position. If you're struggling with Jassim's position that is on you and not him. I've always stated the process will determine whether he has the money, his father seems to think he has.
INEOS' audited financial statements as at 31 December 2022 are available, that's not obviously to today's date but it's pretty reliable. My point was to someone who said that if you flipped the bids that nobody would be complaining, I just responded that that's not a cultural or racial issue for most people but because a lot (myself included) suspect that this is probably a state bid, if you don't then that's fair enough, and if it isn't then there's very limited information available about Jassim.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Andy Mitten thinks De Gea should be given a new contract and be #1 next season. Not directly relevant but it's typical of his judgement on all things football related - very poor.

He is always banging on about speaking to these wonderful 'sources' and 'contacts' he supposedly has but he hardly ever puts pen to paper and gets exclusive breaking news like Whitwell or Ornstein. Funny that.

He's a BS artist. No better than those bizarre Qatari twitter accounts you see posted here sometimes.
Hi Avram, when are you going to sell?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Andy Mitten thinks De Gea should be given a new contract and be #1 next season. Not directly relevant but it's typical of his judgement on all things football related - very poor.
On the Talk of the Devils podcast he said he has earned a new contract but not necessarily be our number 1.
Where did you hear/read that he specifically said he should be our #1?

Member 101269

INEOS' audited financial statements as at 31 December 2022 are available, that's not obviously to today's date but it's pretty reliable. My point was to someone who said that if you flipped the bids that nobody would be complaining, I just responded that that's not a cultural or racial issue for most people but because a lot (myself included) suspect that this is probably a state bid, if you don't then that's fair enough, and if it isn't then there's very limited information available about Jassim.
I'm well aware, analysed and discussed the FS for INEOS, including their limitations. I wouldn't use the term reliable for a subjective document. That aside, and in response to the race/culture issues. It's too difficult to tell if it is or isn't, if wealthy Qatar is a sub-culture and that is how they have developed norms it could be possible. That is taking race/culture as a social construct, not biology.

You can suspect, but open comments say otherwise, unless you're/others are calling out Jassim and his father. Which isn't a great way to potentially start a relationship with fans/owners.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
You know how insane this place must be getting when folk are starting to take potshots at Andy Mitten and claim he doesn't have club contacts ffs.

estel_manutd

He is always banging on about speaking to these wonderful 'sources' and 'contacts' he supposedly has but he hardly ever puts pen to paper and gets exclusive breaking news like Whitwell or Ornstein. Funny that.

He's a BS artist. No better than those bizarre Qatari twitter accounts you see posted here sometimes.
This is so true. Mitten loves the sound of his own voice. Every podcast he is on has him saying some variation of the following 'I am a journalist, this is what I do; I talk to my sources to get a story; I am a good journalist.' Also, his sanctimonious statements about "internet or twitter" fans is something else. He is one reason why I discontinued my Athletic membership.

stw2022

Mitten is a features writer. 6000 words on the day a lad from the academy stayed behind to practice corners. Not sure I'd call him a journalist though

JagUTD

Mitten might have contacts but does he have 200k twitter followers? 201k of which are bots?

That's the real measure of modern journalism.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Mitten is a features writer. 6000 words on the day a lad from the academy stayed behind to practice corners. Not sure I'd call him a journalist though
He has his ear to the ground with all things Man Utd though, he's closer to the club than most.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Andy Mittens comments on UWS are pretty interesting. Mentions that a source believes the entire sale process has been immoral and borderline illegal. The source says it would have never been allowed under the UK Stock exchange rules.
In what way? Can you quote?

I have found the apparent handling of the sale thus far very odd and would be interested to hear what he says.

Last edited:

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
A poster told me ‘Shame on you’ for bringing this up as it’s incomparable to what Qatar do apparently. Apparently because Sir Jim is English it’s okay to do this stuff. This is also the tone of the media so I don’t blame redcafe posters. Propaganda.
You posted about fires at INEOS plants trying to compare that to the migrant worker scandal in Qatar. Working with petrochemicals, fire is probably an occupational hazard. It was a stupid comparison that needed calling out. It wasn’t a personal thing, I have no problem with you in that regard.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He has his ear to the ground with all things Man Utd though, he's closer to the club than most.
Really? Of course he says that (like every two minutes on that boring Talk of the Devils podcast), but I’ve not heard him come out with any news, really. That’s not saved by his “stories” either: they’re all boring a f*ck!

Dan_F

You know how insane this place must be getting when folk are starting to take potshots at Andy Mitten and claim he doesn't have club contacts ffs.
Aye. The guy probably has the phone number of every ex player or staff member in the last 30 years. I respect the fact that he uses it to get long form interviews rather than just throwing rumours around.

Dion

The west has caused so much havoc in so many parts of the world so we do not have the right to tell others who be righteous.

I don't think it has anything to do with racism or passports either. I am just so fed up with this moral highground towards these countries.
I don't want a Western government to own United either, so sorry but this argument doesn't work.

Member 101269

Every single reliable source has him at 1 billion net worth
You mean sources that admit they cannot assess his worth reliably, which doesn't mean he is worth 1b. The most reliable source is Jassim and his father, his father says it's Jassim's investment. so...

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Mitten is great. He doesn’t create toxicity slagging everyone at the club off or comment on every single made-up transfer rumour though so he’s not really in fashion these days.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Aye. The guy probably has the phone number of every ex player or staff member in the last 30 years. I respect the fact that he uses it to get long form interviews rather than just throwing rumours around.
More importantly; his name is also Mitten, which makes me think of kitten mittens and that makes me happy.

Mitten is great. He doesn’t create toxicity slagging everyone at the club off or comment on every single made-up transfer rumour though so he’s not really in fashion these days.
Yeah, especially the bolded. When he called Januzaj a "knob" in the latest podcast it makes you appreciate that Januzaj reaaaallly must have been a knob.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Insulting another member
You are absolutely certifiably the most clueless tool on this forum. You were put right by many posters about Andy last time you attacked him. Dunno what the problem is but Andy is one of a few United journalists with integrity who deserves the respect of the fan base.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
You mean sources that admit they cannot assess his worth reliably..
He'd have to have minimum 20-25bn to be able to spend 6bn on the club and 2-3bn on everything else needed. Nobody is going to invest every penny they own are they?

This is how we know the bid isn't really his money. He's a front man nothing more.

Member 101269

You are reaching
No; you're trying to imply a reliable figure to information deemed unreliable. That Sir is reaching. I go further, you're applying western thinking to financial disclosure when financial theory built on hofstede's cultural dimensions tell us that cultures have different norms and values within financial openness/communication.

Member 101269

He'd have to have minimum 20-25bn to be able to spend 6bn on the club and 2-3bn on everything else needed. Nobody is going to invest every penny they own are they?

This is how we know the bid isn't really his money. He's a front man nothing more.
Again, you don't know

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
You are absolutely certifiably the most clueless tool on this forum. You were put right by many posters about Andy last time you attacked him. Dunno what the problem is but Andy is one of a few United journalists with integrity who deserves the respect of the fan base.
Agreed.

Mitten is a matchgoing United fan who travelled the world watching the club and put the yards in to warrant getting paid to watch football. Fair play to him.

I don't agree with some of what he says, however, he always says those things in a reasonable manner.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
:lol:

croadyman

I think a lot of us fans are feeling similar now. If Qatar has the cash I would welcome them but they’ve given me very little indication despite the promises they can fullfill it.

End of the day we want the club to be safe. Jim despite his short comings has the capital and its proven. The club will be safe and our debt is no longer an issue.

This is still a win considering the circumstances of the past 18 years. We’ve seen some owners take great football clubs, come in unknown and completely destroy the thing once their funding is taken away somehow.

We know with Jim that won’t happen.
I would be very careful in saying that the debt will be no longer an issue under Ratcliffe

croadyman

What an absolute geebag bringing a Qatar flag to a United game. That is so mind-blowingly cringey and disgusting. "I want to be like City and Newcastle".

Christ almighty. That post has actually given me the heebie jeebies. It makes me so uncomfortable to see someone, out in public, who thinks they are helping, so clearly and massively misunderstand the club and it's history/traditions. Is this what people mean when they say a tweet has given them AIDS?

Edit: Looking at yer mans twitter some more I'd say he might not be all there, so I'll refrain from further comment.
Yeah much as I want Jassim to take over there is no way I would bring a Qatar flag to game

JagUTD

Journalist who this time last year were saying Varane was the problem and a new CB was needed to partner Maguire ?
Tbh he's not the first United fan to have a terrible opinion on something. Happens to the best of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.