Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarkydaz

I think it's absolutely disgusting and one of the worst and most disrespectful things you can do, but if I ever see a Glazer I'd be hard pressed not to spit at one.
if they done the last 18 years to a South American club, i dread to think what might have happened to them

stw2022

The Glazers have a much contact with the media as they do sunlight. Anyone claiming to have an inside track on their thoughts is a bullshitter

Dve

To reinforce this, please take the political table tennis match to the CE forum. All off topic chat will be removed from this thread and repeat offenders may be warned and/or threadbanned.
I understand being a mod is difficult sometimes and that you have many considerations to make, but when United is potentially going to be state owned, I'm not sure I agree that a discussion around that specific state is of topic in a thread about the sale of Manchester United. But thanks for the warning (and the 1 point received). You are the bosses, and I take note of that I in this thread, no longer can express why I am against a Qatari ownership.

Cantonagotmehere

Oh, there are plenty speaking out against those movements. And I've yet to see any of them in prison. Maybe instead, you should go to Qatar and take part of the LGBT movement (if there is any). Please report back to us when you are back, we'll all be eager to hear how it went.
Too much common sense mate.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I understand being a mod is difficult sometimes and that you have many considerations to make, but when United is potentially going to be state owned, I'm not sure I agree that a discussion around that specific state is of topic in a thread about the sale of Manchester United. But thanks for the warning (and the 1 point received). You are the bosses, and I take note of that I in this thread, no longer can express why I am against a Qatari ownership.
I agree it's bizarre to forcibly limit criticism of Qatari human rights record in this thread. But if people are banging on then a separate thread would be a nice courtesy.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I agree it's bizarre to forcibly limit criticism of Qatari human rights record in this thread. But if people are banging on then a separate thread would be a nice courtesy.
You can discuss it as much as you like, in an appropriate thread in the CE.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
When do you think we'll see the first fan at Old Trafford with "human rights" on the back of his shirt?

When do you think we'll see the first fan with "oil me up" on the back of his shirt?

stw2022

When do you think we'll see the first fan at Old Trafford with "human rights" on the back of his shirt?

When do you think we'll see the first fan with "oil me up" on the back of his shirt?
Never been oiled up by a Hugh Munrites?

JagUTD

Please open a thread in the CE forum if you need to discuss the pros and cons of ME and European/Westerns right and wrongs.
It'll probably descend into chaos as people go off topic to discuss the sale of Manchester United.

JagUTD

I do think there are valid points relating to the sale of the club that should involve discussions about Qatar given they will be using the club to promote themselves and to clean their image.

But I don't think that's the issue, it's more the weird game of oppressive top trumps over who's worse.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I do think there are valid points relating to the sale of the club that should involve discussions about Qatar given they will be using the club to promote themselves and to clean their image.

But I don't think that's the issue, it's more the weird game of oppressive top trumps over who's worse.
Agreed. There are obviously nuanced debates about the moral pros and cons about potential state ownership which are perfectly fair game. If however things get consistently political to where it drowns out the central topic of the thread, then it’s best to move those discussions to the CE.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Disappointing lack of journos rehashing their deeply non-committal articles this evening.

Sack 'em all and bring in the nutters Berbaclass follows, I say.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
There are other threads specifically about Qatari/state ownership - find one and post there

Although as far as I'm concerned the state of Qatar is not bidding to buy our club anyway

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
While there is no news, I do wonder if a deal could have already been angreed and all parties are keen to keep it under wraps until our league position is finalised.

sixdwarf

I think about that sometimes. There's plenty of people in the public eye I think I hate but if I saw in person, I'd be able to control myself and act like a decent human.

All bets would be off with the Glazers - genuinely think I'd be ranting and raving at them from across the street.
I think any kind of assault is just not on. But I am disgusted at how much they don't give a fig about the club. Our ownership has been in limbo for months and our dealings are in stasis.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
Disappointing lack of journos rehashing their deeply non-committal articles this evening.

Sack 'em all and bring in the nutters Berbaclass follows, I say.
Seeing as there's a lack of news I'll make some up:

Del Boy enters race to buy Manchester United

sixdwarf

While there is no news, I do wonder if a deal could have already been angreed and all parties are keen to keep it under wraps until our league position is finalised.
Of the two it has to be the Qataris. Debt wiped...proper investment...and no Glazers. Radcliffe has nowhere near the financial muscle of the Qataris.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Seeing as there's a lack of news I'll make some up:

Del Boy enters race to buy Manchester United
Doing some research and it does not look good...
There remains much confusion over which football team Derek 'Del Boy' Trotter supported. It's made plain that his mother was a Charlton Athletic supporter (for the purposes of a joke about Rodney's middle name) and that their old dad was a hopelessly optimistic Millwall man.

There was what many attest to be a Crystal Palace scarf hanging limply in the hallway in the early episodes (see above) but the club's name is never mentioned after that. A throwaway comment seems to peg Rodney as a Chelsea fan. But Del, we don't know.
Another RATcliffe.

croadyman

Agreed, when the Glazers finally leave there should be parties in the streets whether it’s SJ or SJR.

If the Glazers don’t leave then it should prompt the biggest sports team boycott the world has ever seen.
What if 4 of them leave,no actually that's not cause for a celebration until they all go

Infra-red

No, that cannot happen. United are listed on the NYSE and therefore have disclosure and reporting obligations to the NYSE and the SEC - any information which might reasonably be expected to materially affect the price of the company stock or influence investment decisions, must be released publicly and promptly. And no, player transfers do not count (but a change in ownership absolutely would)!

If a deal is struck, we'll know about it within hours, not weeks.

Partridge

I think it's absolutely disgusting and one of the worst and most disrespectful things you can do, but if I ever see a Glazer I'd be hard pressed not to spit at one.
Likewise. I'd spit on his back. Like I have said previously, if purge day ever came to being, he would be in a world of shit. Presuming I got there first.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Agreed. There are obviously nuanced debates about the moral pros and cons about potential state ownership which are perfectly fair game. If however things get consistently political to where it drowns out the central topic of the thread, then it’s best to move those discussions to the CE.
I'm not sure what the difference is or where you draw the line. But I agree most of us are bored of hearing about the Qataris being a bunch of medieval human rights abusers even if it's true so fair enough. It doesn't need saying over and over again. Personally I'm more concerned about how they turned PSG into a circus.

johnnyteutonic

Agreed. The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.
Is that a Yeats quote?
Haven't heard that one in 20 years.

Glazer is in a coma, I know
I know, it's serious
Glazer is in a coma, I know
I know, it's really serious
There were times when I could
Have murdered them
But you know, I would hate
Anything to happen to them...

croadyman

Watched Anka on The Brew Stretford Paddock podcast and he seems surprised that neither Ratcliffe/Jassim have met the price yet

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Why’s this taking so long? Any chance it will collapse or has it gone to far for that to happen?

dacore

Why’s this taking so long? Any chance it will collapse or has it gone to far for that to happen?
The only chance it will collapse is probably if the Glazers don´t think the bids are high enough (but I guess at least Jassim could go a bit higher) or if they really are just looking for a partial sale.
But I really think, and hope, they will feck off if they feel the bid is good enough
If Jim wins I really don't think the value of the club will sky rocket in the 2-3 coming years. Cuz of that I don´t think Avram and Joel would make any major profit in staying for a few more years before Jim buys them out.
Also I really belive the other 4 sibblings really want out now and get the cash straight away and not a smaller payment here and there.

AndySmith1990

Because the Glazers are indecisive dithering tossers who don't know what they're doing. I bet by now everyone involved in this process is sick of them

AneRu

I am now afraid that the Glazers have long chosen the minority investment option and are just waiting for the end of the season to minimize the fall out from the announcement.

kaiser00

Technically speaking they are more LNG state Liquified Natural Gas rather than Oil State. That sounds a lot better doesn't it.

stw2022

I don't see how minority investment is on table. For a start is a short term fix they can't keep seeking minority investment every 3 to 5 years.

Secondly I think they'll be aware if they don't end up selling this time, in the future if they do they'll have done considerable harm to the future price they could get a many potential suitors would simply decline to waste their time thinking the offer of a sale wasn't made in good faith and instead another ploy to entice more minority investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.