Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infra-red

I wonder if Champions League qualification is a factor in the Glazers delaying things? They obviously know if we qualify for CL we'd be a lot more attractive for sponsors etc, and they could then, at least, attempt to justify their 6bn price tag? If we fail to qualify for CL, surely the bidders could they say the club would be worth less than what they've already bid?

Not sure at all, just speculating, but if we secure qualification on Thursday, i imagine we'll hear stuff fairly soon
I'd be surprised if United qualifying for the Champions League this season had a material impact on the price or was the cause of the hold up.

The delay is likely because of one of two reasons: either the Glazers simply have not made up their mind (they are known for being ditherers and reportedly are not entirely aligned) or they have made up their mind but they know their decision is likely to be extremely unpalatable to the fans (Glazers remaining in some capacity) and are therefore deliberately delaying the decision/sale until the season has finished to minimise disruption from the inevitable protests.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think we all just want this to be over now whichever side of the fence we are on.

It's been a total and utter farce how long it's been dragged on for.

Mmm-Qatarian

Guys for real, I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer here but it's worth remembering who the source of this information is:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
DOF’s by Modernisation of the club in what? 2000’s and early 2010’s

DoF’s weren’t around then (& if they were they were a rarity,) if I remember correctly, living in fantasy land, he’s not mystic meg.
Paratici was already offered the role of sporting director at torino back in 2008 and monchi was already a sporting director in 2001

Infra-red

Please not Jim. Please not Jim.
Ratcliffe's offer is reportedly still larger than Qatar's. The Glazers only care about one thing and everyone expects this to ultimately come down to the numbers - that's also why most have assumed Qatar will win, because they have deeper pockets. Thus far, that doesn't seem to be the case, though.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Infra-red

I wonder why 17 rival clubs aren't opposed to Ineos. It seem that they are quite happy to see united being owned by the lausanne/nice owner
The obvious. Because Qatar have functionally infinite money and would turn United into another PSG/City sportwashing project. Nobody wants to compete against another City, financially or in sporting terms.

Strootman's Finger

Ratcliffe's offer is reportedly still larger than Qatar's. The Glazers only care about one thing and everyone expects this to ultimately come down to the numbers - that's also why most have assumed Qatar will win, because they have deeper pockets. Thus far, that doesn't seem to be the case, though.
One offer is worth what it's worth now, even if it's slightly less. The other values it higher but that value might not be realized for 3 years, and a lot can happen to the world economy, or a football club in 3 years that could actually bring the value down. A bird in the hand....

Mmm-Qatarian

You mean like abu dhabi and saudi?
One could almost be forgiven for thinking that they might have some connection with the two clubs not bothering to protest.

(Ignoring, of course, that this was written by Miguel Delaney, and so is almost certainly horseshite)

Infra-red

One offer is worth what it's worth now, even if it's slightly less. The other values it higher but that value might not be realized for 3 years, and a lot can happen to the world economy, or a football club in 3 years that could actually bring the value down. A bird in the hand....
I don't think that argument will be very persuasive to the Glazers, which is why I expect Ineos to win unless Qatar increase their offer in the next few days. The Glazers will take the highest offer.

Infra-red

It seems that Ratcliffe is the ABU choice
Of course opposition fans/clubs will be opposed to Qatar buying United. This is hardly surprising. I don't think any of the United fans who are opposing Qatar's bid are doing so because they think United won't have a good team under their ownership - rather it's because they don't believe that to be the most important consideration here.

Tiber

This whole mess of a takeover process shows just why Ratcliffe is bonkers for trying to get into bed with the Glazer brothers. Trading the Glazers in for continued debt and...more Glazers is so depressing and unhealthy for the club.

Maybe Qatar isn't right for the club in the end, but it's a damn shame there's no strong alternative.

Infra-red

Money in the pocket is persuasive to everyone.
And they'll likely get more of it from Ineos than Qatar, as things stand.

Ineos are currently leading and reportedly have been leading throughout the process. Qatar's 11th hour bid lodged directly with the Glazers and outside the formal bidding process last week, has at least made them competitive, but I'd still expect the money grubbing Glazers to take the highest offer, whoever that ends up being (again, currently Ineos).

C'est Moi Cantona

I very much doubt 17 clubs would oppose Jassim, just made up rubbish from Qatar hating Miguel.

Even if they did then so what, it won't count for anything.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
It will be announced Monday after the purchaser knows whether they have to pay price a or b for champions league football or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.