Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JagUTD

Jassim fans want us to cheat. They want to be PSG, they're incredibly jealous of Manchester City, they care absolutely nothing other than living out a Championship Managers fantasy. Nothing matters and they'll happily endulge in conspiracies and falsely accuse anyone who stands in their way of racism. You may as well be arguing with pond life.
It would be better if they'd stop posting gibberish and just admitted this. The daily nonsense about Ratcliffe and his two minor football clubs is tiresome when the reality is, they want United to be like the other oil clubs, blatant cheats that are a disgrace to football.

Godfather

It would be better if they'd stop posting gibberish and just admitted this. The daily nonsense about Ratcliffe and his two minor football clubs is tiresome when the reality is, they want United to be like the other oil clubs, blatant cheats that are a disgrace to football.
So you don't think if Ratcliffe's sport and especially football engagements were successful people would have a different opinion on him? I can't speak for anyone else, but for me that's about 90% the reason why I'm very sceptical of him. The other 10 are because he's a tax avoiding, pro Brexit cnut of a Tory.

Last edited:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Yeah we would rather take wins on fair play and dragging ourselves into top 4 every year rather than win anything.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
So you don't think if Ratcliffe's sport and especially football engagements were successful people would have a different opinion on him? I can't speak for anyone else, but for me that's about 90% the reason why I'm very sceptical of him. The other 10 are because he's a tax evading, pro Brexit cnut of a Tory.
Tax avoiding. Tax evasion is a crime and a thing you get sued for accusing people of.

Blackbeard

Supports
Bristol City
So you don't think if Ratcliffe's sport and especially football engagements were successful people would have a different opinion on him? I can't speak for anyone else, but for me that's about 90% the reason why I'm very sceptical of him. The other 10 are because he's a tax evading, pro Brexit cnut of a Tory.
I would add keeping the glazers on board when he must know how much the fans despise them and want them gone to that list.

Godfather

I would add keeping the glazers on board when he must know how much the fans despise them and want them gone to that list.
That's also true, although that's still a bit speculative as we don't know the full details of the bids yet. The other things though are simple facts that make people question him as a potential owner.

Zed 101

Jassim fans want us to cheat. They want to be PSG, they're incredibly jealous of Manchester City, they care absolutely nothing other than living out a Championship Managers fantasy. Nothing matters and they'll happily endulge in conspiracies and falsely accuse anyone who stands in their way of racism. You may as well be arguing with pond life.
Is that is the sort of sweeping generalisation and prejudice you would expect from somebody who stands in the way of racism?

pot, kettle and black my friend, do not group people together, presume their beliefs, motivations and morals and then damn them one and all with the same criticism

your post stinks of hypocrisy and a lack of self understanding

padzilla

Hipster
I must admit I find it astonishing, and more than a little depressing, that a large number, if not most, of our fanbase seem to be demanding we become a sportswashing project for Qatar - is this the same fanbase that protested so strongly against the European Super League and Murdoch's takeover, back in the day?

I know the Glazers are rubbish and have left the club saddled with debt but given the alternatives right now it could be a case of better the devil you know.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I believe they are a caf poster and we really shouldn't be posting their tweets.
He is, he's been quite active in this thread. One of the few who have actually contributed to the discussion.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I must admit I find it astonishing, and more than a little depressing, that a large number, if not most, of our fanbase seem to be demanding we become a sportswashing project for Qatar - is this the same fanbase that protested so strongly against the European Super League and Murdoch's takeover, back in the day?

I know the Glazers are rubbish and have left the club saddled with debt but given the alternatives right now it could be a case of better the devil you know.
Whilst I don't actively want Qatar to takeover, I think it's more likely you'd have owners such as the Glazers supporting a Super League model than the Qataris. PSG were one of the few superclubs not to back it a few years ago, and it's more in the interest of ROI owners to push for it.

Right now there's no enticing option that's been made public. SJR could be, but he clearly doesn't have the means to buy out the Glazers. Unless he gets them out of the club from the get go his ownership will be soured from the start.

The down side to Qatar is obvious and would almost certainly make any future success feel hollow. The fear is where does Jassim go if not us. I don't know how we compete consistently at the top with a SJR or Glazers run ship.

Lyng

Even if you dont want Qatar, which I dont, its still quite possible to absolutely not want Ratcliffe either, specifically because of how comically bad he has run the other clubs.

dacore

What does "caf" stand for? Never heard it. English isn't my native language obviously.

Herman Toothrot

Is that is the sort of sweeping generalisation and prejudice you would expect from somebody who stands in the way of racism?

pot, kettle and black my friend, do not group people together, presume their beliefs, motivations and morals and then damn them one and all with the same criticism

your post stinks of hypocrisy and a lack of self understanding
Cheers man. I'll try to get to know myself better, love myself more and live in the now with my brothers and sisters x

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
:lol:

Cassidy

Why would anyone want United to cheat when it doesn’t need to?

JagUTD

Why would anyone want United to cheat when it doesn’t need to?
You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

You all know exactly what you're signing up for with the likes of Qatar. It's how they operate and will do so as long as they believe they have impunity.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

I agree. I'm not surprised one bit though.

Most people who are pro Qatar don't really give a crap about what that country represents and how it treats people. They are thinking solely about the club and competing with City.

If we didn't have Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia already in the PL.....I don't think this Jassim / Qatar state bid would be anything like as popular as it is.

Cassidy

You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

You all know exactly what you're signing up for with the likes of Qatar. It's how they operate and will do so as long as they believe they have impunity.
I asked you a question
Also, you are making some sweeping generalisations there.

If anything it seems like you who has told yourself something

johnnyteutonic

Smells Like Rat Spirit

Load up on clubs
Hire your friends
It’s fun to lose and not contend
Joel’s on the board, Jim’s bid’s preferred
Oh no, we’re stuck with these 3 turds

Hello, Hello, Hello Jimbo
Hello, Hello, Hello

Tear the club down, for our wages!
Here we are now - we’re the Glazers
Fans feel stupid, it’s outrageous
Here we are now - we’re the Glazers
Can we have more - dividends please?
Brexit Jimbo - be our friend please!

Yay!
A mosquito is Jim's alter-ego!
A deniaaaaaaaaal

Last edited:

JagUTD

Even if you dont want Qatar, which I dont, its still quite possible to absolutely not want Ratcliffe either, specifically because of how comically bad he has run the other clubs.
Nice are a mid tier French club operating like an erm... Mid tier French club.

The only thing I or anyone else can say about the Swiss club is that the only reason they have even heard of them, is because Ineos own them and are also bidding for United. They are a non entity in this whether people like it or not.

Those trying to desperately make them relevant while completely dismissing the Qataris own track record or either incredible failure or cheating for minimal success would be better off just admitting they want United to be like City or PSG. Save everyone the eye ache.

AlPistacho

Why are you still stuck on that debt stuff? Microsoft buys LinkedIn on debt with loans, that's just how businesses do acquisitions and there's nothing wrong with that. The football will be better when the debt is no more under United name and the club can buy as it sees pleased based on its revenue. That's really what it is about for us. Not to get a suspiscious ME owner with all the issues related to KYC.

In short, as long as it's not a LBO, we're golden.

For the rest:
Why are you ignoring Ratcliffe’s atrocious track record at owning football clubs ?

HarryP

The 'Jim Glazer' stuff is so juvenile and petty it really drags this place down to be honest.

Ratcliffe's net worth is £30b and he achieved his wealth through hard work and smart decisions. His wealth isn't fundamentally derived from slave labour and cronyism.

Things aren't going as well as hoped at Nice? It must mean he will take the exact same decisions at United (despite it being a completely different animal) and he will have learned nothing from Nice.

That must be how he became such a successful business man and organic multi billionaire in the first place - an inability to learn from past experiences and repeating processes which don't work. I see it all now, what brilliant insight. This place should be marked for investment advice really given the genius level of analysis on display.

Lyng

The only thing I or anyone else can say about the Swiss club is that the only reason they have even heard of them, is because Ineos own them and are also bidding for United. They are a non entity in this whether people like it or not.

Those trying to desperately make them relevant while completely dismissing the Qataris own track record or either incredible failure or cheating for minimal success would be better off just admitting they want United to be like City or PSG. Save everyone the eye ache.
Nice are a mid tier French club, who got Ineos as owners and where given promises about challenging for the titles and european football, who instead have stayed a mid tier french club.

I am not dismissing Qatar. I said I dont want them. But I dont want Ratcliffe either because frankly NOTHING is pointing towards it being anything other than a shitshow like the glazers have been.
Id rather we stay with the glazers until someone who presents a proper project comes along.

gajender

I agree. I'm not surprised one bit though.

Most people who are pro Qatar don't really give a crap about what that country represents and how it treats people. They are thinking solely about the club and competing with City.

If we didn't have Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia already in the PL.....I don't think this Jassim / Qatar state bid would be anything like as popular as it is.
No some pretend to be Holier than thou than have genuine regards for human right Violations and generalise motivations of any body with different point of view .

You talk about what Qatar Represents but not so long ago I tagged you about a thread about Iran in General Section of this Forum a country ravaged with human rights Violations and so many killings which happens to just 10 pages long so Much for so much misgivings and considerations about Human rights by posters on this forum .

And you didn't even bother to respond to it seems most of posters who care so much about Qatar Human rights and laws happen to just think of it only in terms of United Ownership nothing more .

It's just seem like case of Virtue signalling than anything of substance .

Lyng

Things aren't going as well as hoped at Nice? It must mean he will take the exact same decisions at United (despite it being a completely different animal) and he will have learned nothing from Nice.
Given how Nice is not progressing and not looking to progress any time soon, everything points towards a ownership that have, in fact, learned NOTHING from its own mistakes.
If you are utter shite at running a mid tier club in a farmers league, how on earth are you supposed to run one of the biggest clubs in the world in the hardest league in the world.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No some pretend to be Holier than thou than have genuine regards for human right Violations and generalise motivations of any body with different point of view .

You talk about what Qatar Represents but not so long ago I tagged you about a thread about Iran in General Section of this Forum a country ravaged with human rights Violations and so many killings which happens to just 10 pages long so Much for so much misgivings and considerations about Human rights by posters on this forum .

And you didn't even bother to respond to it seems most of posters who care so much about Qatar Human rights and laws happen to just think of it only in terms of United Ownership nothing more .

It's just seem like case of Virtue signalling than anything of substance .
You tagged me a post about Iran? How is that even relevant? I wouldn't want Iran anywhere near this club either so I'm really not sure what point it is you're making there mate.

This place is honestly crazy and your post tops of the lot quite frankly. If you're going to counter what I said at least make it make sense.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The 'Jim Glazer' stuff is so juvenile and petty it really drags this place down to be honest.

Ratcliffe's net worth is £30b and he achieved his wealth through hard work and smart decisions. His wealth isn't fundamentally derived from slave labour and cronyism.

That must be how he became such a successful business man and organic multi billionaire in the first place - an inability to learn from past experiences and repeating processes which don't work. I see it all now, what brilliant insight. This place should be marked for investment advice really given the genius level of analysis on display.
When INEOS bought Nice they said that they learnt from their mistakes at Lausanne and that they are fast learners. Look at Nice now

Cassidy

Given how Nice is not progressing and not looking to progress any time soon, everything points towards a ownership that have, in fact, learned NOTHING from its own mistakes.
If you are utter shite at running a mid tier club in a farmers league, how on earth are you supposed to run one of the biggest clubs in the world in the hardest league in the world.
Hes a billionaire, so he must be smart enough to do it or something

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Just dismissing what happened at Nice is one of the most ignorant one could get.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Sir Jim added: “We made some mistakes at Lausanne, but we are fast learners, these have been rectified and we are already seeing the benefits " Lausanne had since been relegated while Nice are mid table club

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

So you are saying that INEOS bought 2 clubs so far and kept them in the same spot where they were? Great success that. It does goes with our standards for success last 10 years (top 4 trophy).
Jassim doesn't have his "track record" or cheating record. Even if Qatar will back him with money (which they will i guess) that doesn't mean that he will run United like other guy did in PSG. Truth is that we don't know how he will run this club. For Jim we have two examples what to expect. And that doesn't fills me with confidence.

Although i still don't see what they (Qatar) did THAT wrong in PSG to be labelled as failure. Except that they allowed superstars to lead anarchy in team (which is bad shit for sure).

JagUTD

Just dismissing what happened at Nice is one of the most ignorant one could get.
Why? History shows that to turn a mid tier French club into the dominant force takes billions, a high degree of cheating and even then, you'll only be relevant in France anyway

It's a weak argument from those who only have weak arguments.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Not sure about the first and last part, but the bold is 100% true.

If Qatar is victorious with their bid and does cheat, you will see the same type of excuses from City fans.

AlPistacho

Nah feck that. Glazers have been proven to be nothing but terrible for Manchester United. We need a change even if it’s not ideal. This is like Moyes - we can’t continue with people out of their depth at their level. Glazers have been out of their depth for over a decade.
That’s dangerous. We need change for certain. But remove the name and passport or who the other bidder is. We’ve seen this man’s ownership of two clubs. Two clubs in leagues that you don’t need billions to make your team a top 2 team. Yet in one his own players are openly speaking out against him, people are protesting, they’ve regressed. At the other the team got relegated and do your research people are not happy.

While the glazers are leeches and disgusting. They didn’t come in and stop SAF from winning. Our football decline started with SAF leaving and it’s arguable United just went back to being what United were before SAF came.

Status
Not open for further replies.