Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Probably been discussed in here, I've not really been following the takeover stuff recently, but what's this about Jassim looking to buy West Ham if he fails in his United bid?
It was debunked only hours after the original tweet.

Someone

Something
Very random though, you'd think if you're just making up a story then Liverpool would be the obvious choice for clicks.
Pivoting from United to Liverpool is a hard sell, with the picture in a united shirt and all. West ham not so much.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Fair enough. I wouldn't, personally. I don't want the Glazers involved in running the club any more - time for a change.
Owning 2 clubs , both in turmoil . Backed by a corporate who has no idea to run a football club. Owner is behind all the clubs to buy then claiming as a "fan" ? If he is giving a chance for these guys to stay, then what else could go wrong

AlPistacho

Fair enough. I wouldn't, personally. I don't want the Glazers involved in running the club any more - time for a change.
If we compare Glazers Vs Ratcliffe. On the football side Glazers haven’t been as bad as Ratcliffe. Ratcliffe owns clubs in leagues that a billionaire should have made his two teams top 2 and top 1. Now we add that Ratcliffe comes with billions of debt, doesn’t matter if it’s on INEOS name. Then I also think Glazers would be better. They don’t really interfere in football.

dacore

So lets say that the Glazers announce Jim as the preferred bidder on friday. What's stopping Jassim from saying: "fine, here's your 6bn"? Is it "over over" when the preferred bidder is announced or could just another bid arrive in 5 minutes?

GiddyUp

Smells Like Rat Spirit

Load up on clubs
Hire your friends
It’s fun to lose and not contend
Joel’s on the board, Jim’s bid’s preferred
Oh no, we’re stuck with these 3 turds

Hello, Hello, Hello Jimbo
Hello, Hello, Hello

Tear the club down, for our wages!
Here we are now - we’re the Glazers
Fans feel stupid, it’s outrageous
Can we have more - dividends please?
Brexit Jimbo - be our friend please!

Yay!
Thank you for a speck of glitter on this turd of a thread.

MarkoDolohov

If Jim Glazer ends up winning the race for the takeover, do you think we will see an increase in players getting loaned out to his French & Swiss league teams?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
So lets say that the Glazers announce Jim as the preferred bidder on friday. What's stopping Jassim from saying: "fine, here's your 6bn"? Is it "over over" when the preferred bidder is announced or could just another bid arrive in 5 minutes?
Another bid could arrive in 5 minutes.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Preferred bidder from the Chelsea sale meant that Reine accepted the amount offered and was in a time of exclusively working with that bidder to close the deal. No idea what it means now.

DOTA

Preferred bidder from the Chelsea sale meant that Reine accepted the amount offered and was in a time of exclusively working with that bidder to close the deal. No idea what it means now.
That sounds a pretty identical description from how it's been described in our sale.

tufapshakur

If Al Thani blows SJR out of the water with a new last-gasp bid, I'm sure our laudable owners will stick with Jimbo regardless of more money being available elsewhere. :)

DOTA

Oh what a surprise and you can bet that all of the other state owned clubs are in there
I was assuming the number 17 was chosen as that's how many there would be with Newcastle and City not being in a position to object.

croadyman

One offer is worth what it's worth now, even if it's slightly less. The other values it higher but that value might not be realized for 3 years, and a lot can happen to the world economy, or a football club in 3 years that could actually bring the value down. A bird in the hand....
Shouldn't that be bird in the sand

croadyman

I don't think that argument will be very persuasive to the Glazers, which is why I expect Ineos to win unless Qatar increase their offer in the next few days. The Glazers will take the highest offer.
Yeah Qatar have a couple of days to offer £6bn

Gasolin

If we compare Glazers Vs Ratcliffe. On the football side Glazers haven’t been as bad as Ratcliffe. Ratcliffe owns clubs in leagues that a billionaire should have made his two teams top 2 and top 1. Now we add that Ratcliffe comes with billions of debt, doesn’t matter if it’s on INEOS name. Then I also think Glazers would be better. They don’t really interfere in football.
Why are you still stuck on that debt stuff? Microsoft buys LinkedIn on debt with loans, that's just how businesses do acquisitions and there's nothing wrong with that. The football will be better when the debt is no more under United name and the club can buy as it sees pleased based on its revenue. That's really what it is about for us. Not to get a suspiscious ME owner with all the issues related to KYC.

In short, as long as it's not a LBO, we're golden.

For the rest:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Nah feck that. Glazers have been proven to be nothing but terrible for Manchester United. We need a change even if it’s not ideal. This is like Moyes - we can’t continue with people out of their depth at their level. Glazers have been out of their depth for over a decade.

Amarsdd

what kinda stupidity is this?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I understand those who prefer the Glazers their own to Jim glazer combo. The former are on their last legs financially and will possibly sell in 2-3 years time. Jim Glazers are a combination of incompetent owners, more debt, greenwashing and enough money to hold the club in mediocrity for a lifetime

noelyman

Smells Like Rat Spirit

Load up on clubs
Hire your friends

Hello, Hello, Hello

Yay!
This is genius and genuinely made me :lol: especially the 3 Turds part :lol: . Take a bow Rhyme Animal you certainly lived up to your name.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Smells Like Rat Spirit

Load up on clubs
Hire your friends

Hello, Hello, Hello

Yay!
:lol: fecking brilliant

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Smells Like Rat Spirit

Load up on clubs
Hire your friends

Hello, Hello, Hello

Yay!
So so good! :lol:

Random Precision

Supports
Newcastle
Or the Qatari’s say fine, walk away and buy another PL club like West Ham or even Leeds despite relegation?

SmallCaine

Why are you still stuck on that debt stuff? Microsoft buys LinkedIn on debt with loans, that's just how businesses do acquisitions and there's nothing wrong with that. The football will be better when the debt is no more under United name and the club can buy as it sees pleased based on its revenue. That's really what it is about for us. Not to get a suspiscious ME owner with all the issues related to KYC.

In short, as long as it's not a LBO, we're golden.

For the rest:
Swedish rumble is an even bigger hack than likes of delaney. He takes bare minimum financial info adds in his assumptions some other transfer bs and comes up with 976 as the answer for 2+2.

That el Pais article he relies on is utter rubbish, the bank of America credit is already in use as per athletic so how did qatar or ineos approve it if it has been in existence before the bidding even started. Apparently according to qatari financial advisers think utd aren't worth 5bn if they fail to get top 4 this season. If any banker says a company isn't worth a sum because it had a bad quarter, that guy will get himself fired, literally no one spends 5bn based on whether we get ucl money for 1 season or not.

Last edited:

Herman Toothrot

One is obviously cheating, the other is not
Jassim fans want us to cheat. They want to be PSG, they're incredibly jealous of Manchester City, they care absolutely nothing other than living out a Championship Managers fantasy. Nothing matters and they'll happily endulge in conspiracies and falsely accuse anyone who stands in their way of racism. You may as well be arguing with pond life.

DOTA

Swedish rumble is an even bigger hack than likes of delaney. He takes bare minimum financial info adds in his assumptions some other transfer bs and comes up with 976 as the answer for 2+2.
I believe they are a caf poster and we really shouldn't be posting their tweets.

Status
Not open for further replies.