Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Take this with a pinch of salt and shit all over my post if you wish as it may be complete bollocks…there’s a guy on tiktok who’s been doing videos in the last couple of weeks on the sale. He claims to have a contact who’s very closely involved in the takeover.

Anyway, long story short he’s made a few ITK claims recently, in particular the fact Sheikh Jassim was going to put a 4th bid in. He reported it was happening a day or so before any news broke which is where people have started giving him credibility.

Anywayyy, the same guy is claiming the deal with Sheikh Jassim is done and the Glazers have even gone as far as asking the Sheikh if they can use some of his investment money to put towards transfers right now.

He’s not revealed who his contact is til now but has said today it’s someone on the Qatar side. Anyway, interested to see if it’s true or complete bollocks. He claims that’s what’s going to be revealed this week.
That wouldn't even make sense as why would the Glazers care about signing players in a timely fashion if they are to have no future involvement? The logic doesn't even work.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
He didnt even manage to keep his promise about consistent european football though.
Did he actually promise this or is it another ‘caf fact’? Can remember a bunch of quotes from when he was buying them but not these specific promises that are flung on here every two or three pages.

Could be me, this thread is like Dante’s inferno so don’t read everything, a link would be useful!

Cheers

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Can’t really disagree or agree. Although as a PLC we spent 100s of millions building Carrington, developing OT from 45000 to 75000 stadium in 10 or so years.

Before the glazers came we were the biggest earning club in the world. Then dropped in the seasons after they took over and only reclaimed top spot in 2013. You probably have a point the drop was due to our marketing becoming stale regardless of the Glazers takeover.
Its very difficult to notice as it was a very slow and gradual decline TBH. SAF was getting sentimental, top players were leaving/getting old and weren't really being replaced adequately, sometimes we were lucky (who would have believed that Carrick and Vidic would turn out the beasts they became?) and those who highlighted a decline in standards (ex Rooney) were quickly silenced. Then of course they was the slackness at the top like SAF's spat with 2 major shareholders on a frigging horse. That shouldn't happen at a well run club.

Most of us didn't care and while I was in a minority I understand why they did so. Who gives a damn when trophies kept flowing in especially by a team who was, quite frankly, likeable.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Take this with a pinch of salt and shit all over my post if you wish as it may be complete bollocks…there’s a guy on tiktok who’s been doing videos in the last couple of weeks on the sale. He claims to have a contact who’s very closely involved in the takeover.

Anyway, long story short he’s made a few ITK claims recently, in particular the fact Sheikh Jassim was going to put a 4th bid in. He reported it was happening a day or so before any news broke which is where people have started giving him credibility.

Anywayyy, the same guy is claiming the deal with Sheikh Jassim is done and the Glazers have even gone as far as asking the Sheikh if they can use some of his investment money to put towards transfers right now.

He’s not revealed who his contact is til now but has said today it’s someone on the Qatar side. Anyway, interested to see if it’s true or complete bollocks. He claims that’s what’s going to be revealed this week.
That's also pretty much what the current word is on Twitter

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Did he actually promise this or is it another ‘caf fact’? Can remember a bunch of quotes from when he was buying them but not these specific promises that are flung on here every two or three pages.

Could be me, this thread is like Dante’s inferno so don’t read everything, a link would be useful!

Cheers
He promised to compete with PSG for the title and mount a strong European challenge, neither of which have transpired.

Chairman Steve

It would make a neat transfer window strategy to save money, by making it look like we’re penny pinching under the Glazers and then boom release the news that Qatar owns United once we’ve bought everyone we need, and we didn’t get fleeced in the market.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Please, for the Love of God be true.

And I say that not as a ‘pro-Qatar’ agenda or whatever (see my posts on Qatar’s bullshit censorship on the WC), but as someone who wants the Glazers properly gone and doesn’t trust Brexit Jim at all to return Utd to the top.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy

Cheers
Far as I'm aware this is what was reported at the time.

The new owner has also promised to invest heavily in the club. He wants Nice to be in the Champions League in the next three years and hopes to compete with Paris Saint-Germain for the Ligue 1 title.
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/nice/story/3895343/sources-britains-richest-man-to-buy-nice

Whether the latter part there is a 'promise' or not is something we could have an extremely silly debate about but I don't know that I have the energy to offer a strong opinion.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Im not against ITK information and things like that, I think they are entertaining and provide some light relief and points of view and ideas from different angles.
However that tiktok bloke is just repeating what alot of other ITK are saying.

Zeechan on Twitter who is hit and miss but has some connections somehow, although not always right, says the pretty much the same and the Qataris have won the race.

El-Manos

Champagne on ice tonight.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He promised to compete with PSG for the title and mount a strong European challenge, neither of which have transpired.
They said in different occasions that they intend to compete with Marseille, Lyon or Monaco and be the second best team and also said that they had for ambition to compete with PSG. The second one could be forgiven because it's more recent but the first one is far from being the case.

Amarsdd

Cheers
Where? Source of the actual quote?
All I've seen anything close to that is from Bob Ratcliffe. source
“Our ambition is to be in the Champions League in three to five years. We want to compete with PSG, Lyon and the other big clubs in France."
"We want to compete to finish in the top four in Ligue 1 and become one of Europe’s best training centres, like Ajax, for example, so we want to work on the infrastructure and the training grounds.”
And,
In a statement on Nice's official website, INEOS president Ratcliffe said: "With some sensible, measured investment, we want to establish Nice as a team that competes in European club competition on a regular basis. And importantly, sustain it."

Everywhere else it has been misinterpreted by partially quoting "We want to compete with PSG" of the first quote I posted. like here

Last edited:

Nickelodeon

My niece goes to school with the daughter of a well-renowned middle-eastern journalist. She said, and I quote, "Aayega to Sheikh hi" (Whatever happens, the Sheikh will win). My niece is 3 so please take this information with a pinch of salt. But she doesn't lie usually so I'm like 75% confident.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
This must be one of the worst long running thread in Redcafe history. Atleast transfer threads have some videos and humour. Imagine after all this, Glazer decides to stay back.

Tiber

That guff has been going round on twitter and reddit for a few days

Chief123

My niece goes to school with the daughter of a well-renowned middle-eastern journalist. She said, and I quote, "Aayega to Sheikh hi" (Whatever happens, the Sheikh will win). My niece is 3 so please take this information with a pinch of salt. But she doesn't lie usually so I'm like 75% confident.
:lol: I trust your source more than mine!

gormless

That’s just what the QatariFC guy is saying on Twitter

RedDevilRoshi

This must be one of the worst long running thread in Redcafe history. Atleast transfer threads have some videos and humour. Imagine after all this, Glazer decides to stay back.
Think I’d need to stay away from this forum & all Man Utd social media platforms as the inevitable meltdowns would be astronomical.

JPRouve

Scout
Where? Source of the actual quote?
All I've seen anything close to that is from Bob Ratcliffe. source
“Our ambition is to be in the Champions League in three to five years. We want to compete with PSG, Lyon and the other big clubs in France."
"We want to compete to finish in the top four in Ligue 1 and become one of Europe’s best training centres, like Ajax, for example, so we want to work on the infrastructure and the training grounds.”
And,
In a statement on Nice's official website, INEOS president Ratcliffe said: "With some sensible, measured investment, we want to establish Nice as a team that competes in European club competition on a regular basis. And importantly, sustain it."

Everywhere else it has been misinterpreted by partially quoting "We want to compete with PSG" of the first quote I posted. like here
They didn't misinterpret it, it's not from the same quote.https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...rules-liverpool-buyout-saying-ligue-1-offers/

"Our position has developed since the summer and we are now focusing our efforts in Nice and raising our ambitions for the club to make them into a top tier club in France to compete with PSG," said a spokesman. "This would represent much better value for our investment than buying one of the top tier Premier League clubs."
And they have been doing that from day one, a spokeperson stating that they want to compete with certain teams, while keeping a certain ambiguity.

Amarsdd

AlPistacho

Its very difficult to notice as it was a very slow and gradual decline TBH. SAF was getting sentimental, top players were leaving/getting old and weren't really being replaced adequately, sometimes we were lucky (who would have believed that Carrick and Vidic would turn out the beasts they became?) and those who highlighted a decline in standards (ex Rooney) were quickly silenced. Then of course they was the slackness at the top like SAF's spat with 2 major shareholders on a frigging horse. That shouldn't happen at a well run club.

Most of us didn't care and while I was in a minority I understand why they did so. Who gives a damn when trophies kept flowing in especially by a team who was, quite frankly, likeable.
I agree SAF became too loyal to class of 92. But it was post glazer takeover that
Scholes, Giggs & Neville became 30 plus. Not replacing Ronaldo was definitely down to glazer austerity, so it’s likely keeping class 92 on so long was too

JPRouve

Scout
That just seems like a telegraph source at Nice which they quoted as a spokesperson? Any actual statement or quote from someone specific running the club?
Or it's a spokeperson, who told them what the coach confirmed on camera?

Wezzaldo

Is this the grey haired guy who’s getting hammered?:lol:

Doesn’t come across as someone that would know anyone senior enough to have insider info.

Amarsdd

Or it's a spokeperson, who told them what the coach confirmed on camera?

oh ok, my bad. That's from this season? Anyway I was looking at quotes relating to the owner's goals for the club when they bought it given the post I was replying to.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
That's fair enough just to add that even though I am not anti or pro Any buyer for United what I am quite certain of is that United is actually one of few Clubs who are fully capable of success on its own due to it's rich history and revenues as long as we get Competent owners , because at the end of the Day no matter how rich you are there only 11 players who take the field at given point in time .

So I am fairly ok with who ever ends owning United including Glazers if they can somehow manage to become competent and run United efficiently .

As for my rant my apologies I just sometimes feel every one in world has become so polarized and entrenched in their views that every thing becomes a points scoring contest rather than leading to nuanced discussion and debate to build better understanding where each one is coming from .

Just to add I actually agree with most of points you have made about Qatar but What I feel is We need to give them space and time to evolve on their own pace hope fully changes would come there for better in due course of time as well .
I have no issues with people wanting Qatar. I know why really people want them. It's blatantly obvious. Everyone wants them for that seemingly endless pit of money.

Just don't buy all the excuses for wanting it. Qatar are much worse than the Glazers n Jim from a moral point of view. Probably make better owners for the club though. Would be hard not to be better than the Glazers tbf.

Like I said if Qatar had a reputation like Sweden, Norway or even France this wouldn't even be a contest. Everyone would want them in.

bludsucker

Wasn't it stated that the unknown will completely clear the debt from Manchester United? I'm not sure where this part is coming from. Is there some new update I haven't read?
Yeah the Ratsuckers are making it up as they go along. As far as i know he hasn’t mentioned that he will buy the clib using debt.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I don't want the Norwegians owning my football club.

JPRouve

Scout
oh ok, my bad. That's from this season? Anyway I was looking at the owner's goals for the club when they bought it given the post I was replying to.
The owners goals are all over the place and I suspect purposely stated in a way that allow them to deny or interpret things how they want. But as I said above, we can ignore the competing with PSG part, they aren't competing with Marseille or Monaco, they have been competing with midtable teams and been regularly outperformed by promoted teams or former relegation candidates.

BarstoolProphet

Yeah that just doesn't make much sense does it.
Which could be said for pretty much every angle sports journalists have explored throughout this saga. As someone said, despite pretending to be mouthpieces or close to the situation - chances are they all know feck all outside of financial journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.