Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Starting to feel like Glazers were using the Qataris to bait SJR into making a better offer all along :nervous:
Many feel it's the other way round,however the constant confident noises from British media around Ratcliffe bid says otherwise

croadyman

If INEOS takes on the debt it's not a problem for them. Probably a huge tax benefit.

Structure at the club is improving. If they don't mess with it too much we should be fine. Can't get much worse than the last 10 years.
Presume when INEOS take over then we are going to hear about taking on the debt is a huge tax relief. They will put out some PR fluff about that's why they aren't clearing it

lsd

The Oracle
Presume when INEOS take over then we are going to hear about taking on the debt is a huge tax relief. They will put out some PR fluff about that's why they aren't clearing it

Why would you care. INEOS is Sir Jim and he is INEOS. If he puts the debt on INEOS what does that matter to you?

It won't affect United in any way

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
In short, people (a large volume) are speculating on the stock ending above $24 by next Friday which obviously implies Qatar gets the club or is at least preferred bidder. For those 70c contracts, people are paying 70c per stock to get the option to buy it at the strike price (e.g. $24) by the expiry date (next Friday).

The Level 2 bit refers to being able to see the demand and supply for options and stocks which can indicate interest and potentially someone knowing something.

Large demand usually means someone knows something but it could very well be a punt as well.
Good description!

I am not an expert on this, but even if it’s larger orders than usual — the total order for calls at 25 is of $1,400 — right? The total order book for calls on the range from $21-32 is like $10,000. So in that perspective it’s peanuts.

But at the same time, they are offering to pay a fair amount for those calls, right? A Black & Scholes valuation of the calls would give a value of like at most 1c instead of 70c (and that is est. a 60% volatility). But I have zero experience from working with these type of traded short-term calls, maybe you have to pay that type of premium for them?

croadyman

Can any of the posters in here who are still bullish that Qatar are going to win care to give some reasoning for that confidence.

I do think there could be some merit in the thinking that the British media are going with INEOS winning due to no leaks from Qatar.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
So like many have said and Phil Brown tweeted why is Jassim continually bidding less than Ratcliffe. Then again if the leeches want to stay and he has offered that why haven't they accepted
I think this is a legit point and I also tweeted about it earlier. Thinking it through — I don’t buy that Jassim would put in an offer that couldn’t even be argued to be competitive. There are some moving parts, so it won’t be entire black and white. It must be probable that it is in the same ball park at least.

I don’t buy the following two notions, on which much of the speculation is based on:
(a) “Jassim makes a bid to save face and will then pull out.”

Conspiracy theory level. And in relation to who would he save face? Teenage MUFC fans? In business circles he would look like a clown. These are professional business people, you don’t put in an offer that isn’t serious.

A Saudi group made a bid for CFC, it didn’t even make it to the second round of bids.

Where is this coming from? Business is all about choosing the right business opportunity. To never overpay. If you have access to a billion pounds — how many investments opportunities can you chose between? 100,000? A million? If anything — I bet he is more concerned from a reputational point of view of winning the auction, since an investment like MUFC always is seen as a bit of a vanity project that you must overpay for to get.

A Saudi group made a bid for CFC, it didn’t even make it to the second round of bids.

Nah, the only reasonable thing to assume is that Jassim has put in a competitive offer. Sure, it could be a bit of a long shot. And as far as I can tell, it looks low. But I would say that given the reports we have, its “too close to call” this race.

Andy_Cole

I think people are buying stock because firstly it’s at its lowest and secondly it is the end game. Either buyer should be booming the stock price.

Edwards6

Can any of the posters in here who are still bullish that Qatar are going to win care to give some reasoning for that confidence.

I do think there could be some merit in the thinking that the British media are going with INEOS winning due to no leaks from Qatar.
Well INEOS offered the Glazers what they want apparently, which is investment with 2 of them keeping their shares in the club so I think it makes sense the reason they haven't accepted it is they were just dragging it on to get more money from Sheikh Jassim

Edwards6

Why would you care. INEOS is Sir Jim and he is INEOS. If he puts the debt on INEOS what does that matter to you?

It won't affect United in any way
Might just be because we're so used to the way the Glazers do things but I don't believe INEOS will just take on the debt without taking money out of the club to pay it off

croadyman

Well INEOS offered the Glazers what they want apparently, which is investment with 2 of them keeping their shares in the club so I think it makes sense the reason they haven't accepted it is they were just dragging it on to get more money from Sheikh Jassim
Trouble is he still hasn't matched Ratcliffe's overall bid,therefore until that happens I don't see the needle moving in Jassim's favour.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm sure there's a lot of detail to be discussed and negotiated by lawyers etc. It could easily be the case that they're going to accept SJRs bid after the third round of bidding, but it's currently going through due diligence. For me it's quite telling that they've apparently never spoke to Jassim after his bid and this talk about them being dubious about him and his funding.

croadyman

What figure do you think he's willing to reach

croadyman

I'm sure there's a lot of detail to be discussed and negotiated by lawyers etc. It could easily be the case that they're going to accept SJRs bid after the third round of bidding, but it's currently going through due diligence. For me it's quite telling that they've apparently never spoke to Jassim after his bid and this talk about them being dubious about him and his funding.
Seems a long time since that third bid went in from Ratcliffe to still be going through due diligence. Then again I still cannot get my head around why Jassim seems to have zero intention of matching offer. Suggests to me someone who isn't serious about wanting the club which is odd.

Last edited:

nangis

In my opinion, Qatar is gone. The latest 'take it or leave it' offer was more like a decent farewell by who knows he will lose the battle. I hope I'm wrong though.

putzmcgee123

I don't think all 6 Glazer siblings are going to agree on any of Ratcliffe's proposals due to the structures. There is a "lack of cohesion" among them, as the Financial Times put it. That works massively in Jassim's favour.

If reports are to be trusted, I think Jassim's valuation is now close enough to Ratcliffe's that the Glazers will be receptive to negotiating with him and the final valuation will end up at or above Ratcliffe's. If Jassim can just hit the right number and take it all now, that is the easiest solution and the one most likely to result in all 6 agreeing. Some will try to tell you that number is £6B or nothing. I don't believe that for a minute.

I can't fathom why the proposed structure of Ratcliffe's bid keeps changing, other than difficulty in getting all of the siblings on board. It went from the full Glazer stake (69%), to 4 now and Joel and Avram later, to now where FT are saying the focus is on a structure where all 6 sell down in phases. I don't think Ratcliffe's valuation of the club in his 69% bid would beat the Sheikh's valuation of the club in his latest bid, otherwise the reporting on these other structures makes little sense to me.

croadyman

I don't think all 6 Glazer siblings are going to agree on any of Ratcliffe's proposals due to the structures. There is a "lack of cohesion" among them, as the Financial Times put it. That works massively in Jassim's favour.

If reports are to be trusted, I think Jassim's valuation is now close enough to Ratcliffe's that the Glazers will be receptive to negotiating with him and the final valuation will end up at or above Ratcliffe's. If Jassim can just hit the right number and take it all now, that is the easiest solution and the one most likely to result in all 6 agreeing. Some will try to tell you that number is £6B or nothing. I don't believe that for a minute.

I can't fathom why the proposed structure of Ratcliffe's bid keeps changing, other than difficulty in getting all of the siblings on board. It went from the full Glazer stake (69%), to 4 now and Joel and Avram later, to now where FT are saying the focus is on a structure where all 6 sell down in phases. I don't think Ratcliffe's valuation of the club in his 69% bid would beat the Sheikh's valuation of the club in his latest bid, otherwise the reporting on these other structures makes little sense to me.
What do you think is the magic number that they want Jassim to hit out of interest

Edwards6

Trouble is he still hasn't matched Ratcliffe's overall bid,therefore until that happens I don't see the needle moving in Jassim's favour.
It's hard to confirm how much either of them have actually bid because we keep seeing varying reports. But if its true Ratcliffe has bid more plus he's willing to let the Glazers keep a stake in the club then why are they still dragging it on, the deadline they set was ages ago

Edwards6

So you don't believe there's room to negotiate
Hopefully if the Glazers can actually decide what they want and negotiate, it seems like they're still too busy arguing between themselves because 4 of them want a full sale and 2 don't

putzmcgee123

What do you think is the magic number that they want Jassim to hit out of interest
If I had to guess, I would say in the range of £5.4-5.5B. Only each Glazer would know their own price, but £6B is pure fantasy. The reports don't even have Ratcliffe's phased structure at that valuation.

Gurtej

SJR or SJ. No one is going to spend 6bn and don't give it every chance to succeed.

We will have a good investment budget with either owner that's for sure.

People are concerned with lack of details from SJR camp and rightly so but that's mean its going to be bad. May be he has a way to get rid of the debt and invest in stadium and that thing will become clear as things progress.

I am not concerned with Glazers staying in non controlling position (genuinely who cares if they are not running the show) and slowly completely bought out.

A perfect scenario is SJR winning the bid, no ethical dramas or labelling we will get with Saudi (rightly or wrongly) and him having a plan for success.

croadyman

Hopefully if the Glazers can actually decide what they want and negotiate, it seems like they're still too busy arguing between themselves because 4 of them want a full sale and 2 don't
Yeah there is clearly a split in the family

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
You do understand that if INEOS ‘take on the debt’ it’s the same effect to the club as clearing it? It’s just a different method of dealing with it. The club will effectively be free of the debt.

MDFC Manager

You do understand that if INEOS ‘take on the debt’ it’s the same effect to the club as clearing it? It’s just a different method of dealing with it. The club will effectively be free of the debt.
INEOS will take on the new debt (incurred to buy the controlling stake). They aren't clearing the existing debt, that will still be on the books of the club.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
INEOS will take on the new debt (incurred to buy the controlling stake). They aren't clearing the existing debt, that will still be on the books of the club.
Precisely, you beat me to it
Can you explain how that works with the change of control clause on the current debt then?

mu4c_20le

For now. Most likely dependant on how well the new Grenadier sells.

Status
Not open for further replies.