Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Crook just been on Talksport and says don't get too excited yet so looks like he is the first UK source to speak since Qatar stuff

Ted Lasso

If I meet any of the Glazers brothers that pushed to sell the entire club I'll buy em a drink.

Bosws87

Now this I do not understand.

What IF the club is just returned to what it was pre-Glazers?? Do the Qataris not even get the benefit of the doubt that they might just run us like Gill et al used to?

I think it is very premature to say say anyone should/would stop attending based on being owned by any ME state.
You could go to every game and make it clear you don’t believe in what they stand for and still support your team, if anything this highlights and brings the issues to an audience.

Hiding in the dark virtue signalling isn’t the only option.

Ted Lasso

God, I hope so... If we get bought by Qatar I think I'm out. Can't imagine ever loving another club so would probably just drift away from football completely - which is something I'd never have believed possible a few years ago
I sincerely doubt you have the motivation or discipline to. All talk.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the report in today's qatari paper (one which broke the 'news' of imminent Jassim win) has nothing of substance. Just references to Daily Mail and Fabrizio Romano :houllier:

Stand down folks, this will run for much longer...
Unless I am mistaken, folk were enthused by this tweet, make of it what you will...
Al Watan الوطن

Type: Daily
Format: Print, online
Owner(s): Hamad bin Jassim Al Thani
Publisher: Dar Al-Watan Printing, Publishing and Distribution Company WLL
Al-Watan (Qatar).

pauldyson1uk

from what I am reading we are about to become what we have hated in clubs for years.
I have to admit I am not happy about it, no debt , money to spend for players and inferstucture does somewhat softern the blow, but the fact we could be turning in a club we have moaned about for years, City Chelsea PSG.

Licha M

Went to sleep at 1636, wake up to 1649.

I saw the original tweet from the paper his dad half owns, anything else pop off?

Member 101269

I am not against him but considering him an independent investor is ridiculous… He will either be representing QSI (the state’s fund) or using his father’s money. If it is Daddy’s money you could technically say it’s private money… But it’s still not gonna be independent from the state. There is no free market in autocracy. Ultimately everyone answers to the rulers, in this case to the Emir of Qatar.
There is no technically about it, it would be private. While Qatar is a constitutional monarchy, which some label as autocratic, the Al-Thani house has a history of forced abdications. Given the alledged power of the SJ branch, i'd argue it's less likely there would be pressure to conform for a company based outside of Qatar.

Telsim

Plenty curious to know what kind of "breakthrough" moves the deal from final stages with INEOS to done deal with Qatar in less than one week? This is the Glazers we are talking about. Any significant change they would need to talk about, and then think about. And then talk about some more.

I'm having a hard time believing this. And to call the reliability of the sources Low would be generous, I think. Not the first time supposed media in Qatar have called this a done deal, as well.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It was more the share price rise
I think it’s also likely the share price rose off the back of this tweet. The volume is still pretty low by NYSE stock standards. It’s not hard to believe that casual football fans have been following it and see a bit of easy money on the horizon.

I bought some for the same reason weeks ago.

Castia

With the news exploding overnight I would have expected a denial by now….

British press are silent they must all be reaching out for comment.

Voteon

Only you can answer that. For some reason you've linked Club with Owner. For me the owner is apart from the club, thank god. I link Club with Support - through thick and thin, come what may. All are different I guess.
The 'owner being apart from the club' doesn't apply to United, who have protested eighteen years of Glazerite rule. We'll likely find such sentiment in your posting history. If we don't, it certainly applies to your advocates.

What you suggest is indicative of sportswashing:

Denying what is directly in front of you because now the club can buy its way to the top.

Other examples include arguing into the night it's not a state bid, 'yeah, but the media' and other associated false equivalences (Tony Blair is a good one).

Seriously sad this is happening to United.

Loon

:lol:
Unless I am mistaken, folk were enthused by this tweet, make of it what you will...

Al-Watan (Qatar).
This looks like the worst trading card ever.

"S Jassim #1
Coming for Crosses 7/10
Distribution 5/10
Visibility 0/10
Water Bottle Dexterity 8/10

Never known to spit on his gloves."

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
We agree that he's an idiot. And fair enough if you've seen his stuff regularly and still think he doesn't get decent info.

I think as far as his opinions go, couldn't care for many of them and he regularly contradicts himself. But I do think he gets decent info when it comes to news yet to be released (I'm not on about when he mentions it's just his opinion btw). I mostly stick it on if there's nothing else interesting on my YT feed.

Who do you think if any of the guys you mentioned get decent info? Don't watch the others.
For the take over I don't really think anyone on podcasts or videos break information. They all get broken at the time through tweets and the pods/vids are reactions to it. Same for transfers, but Talk of The Devils has good transfer insight at times. Like how Andy Mitten knew there was many meetings in Barcelona for FdJ but it wasn't reported as much.

Tier One guests on videos is fine too but they Dont break information on it. They will leak it in a vid of their own most the time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Been checking this thread all Monday on and off, quick scan here and there. It wasn't until past 10pm did something solid come in from the Qatar side. I know for a fact if r/reddevils was open there would have enabled lot of folk on tir to be crying. Its what I admire about this place. No matter your stance so long as you're not toxic af / breaking rules you're allowed to comment.

Prior to last year, I never saw any of his content. I just knew of his name as someone to be annoying and a whole bunch of rubbish leveled at him over the years. As I never watched him I never formed my own opinion on him and like an idiot just went off what others had said about him which as you know isn't the way to go about things. I much preferred the content released by FullTimeDevils as that's what I saw first so my views were swayed by them and not UNS.

Fast forward to recent times, I take a view of his content to get an opinion for myself and realise why this guy is a grafter, not the grifter I was told he was. I 100% believe someone would have reached out to him. He has been very level headed on his view about the takeover and lowkey its refreshing to hear my own views repeated by him (by chance).
This is a resounding level of bullshit. Especially the bold bit.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Don't see it as bad news,least we are actually hearing from Qatari sources which is positive
If that translation was accurate then, No you're not. You're hearig Qatari sources reference Romano. Their own sources aren't actually confirming.

Zed 101

by about 50bn compared to jassim entire family. their owners are worth something mental like 330bn, theyre 80% owned by the PIF. they could literally blow every single club out the water with regards wages and transfer deals, comfortably so, too
Qatar sovereign wealth fund worth around 475bn... and if you do not think that is who backs Jassim then I admire your innocence

Barthez

What a sad state of affairs. Another European great sells its soul.
Only Liverpool remains as a non-plastic team in the prem. What a time to be alive :(
It’s all going that way. You move with the times or regress. Simple

NickSantigo

It hasn't. It moved a hell of a lot before the sale even went public, then the gamblers have been trading the stock over the course of the takeover gossip. This has come from nowhere again.
Just wondering can you see the volume of after hour trading? i.e is it institutions betting on the arbitrage or just individuals gambling?

Interested to hear your opinion, thanks

Andy_Cole

Just wondering can you see the volume of after hour trading? i.e is it institutions betting on the arbitrage or just individuals gambling?

Interested to hear your opinion, thanks
Initially it was like 250k stocks traded. Not sure how much after I went to bed though.

Edit: 364k stocks traded after hours. Used this source.

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/Man Utd/after-hours

Consolidated Last Sale$23.42 +4.06 (+20.97%)
After-Hours Volume363,063
After-Hours High$24.01 (05:37:27 PM)
After-Hours Low$19.88 (04:11:00 PM)

NickSantigo

downxandxout

Supports Manc...ini
If you really loved United then you'd understand the turmoil this will cause for those who morally can't support a Qatar bid. Don't be a dickhead.
Really good post this. So strange to see the lack of empathy towards fellow fans from some posters. It's not as easy as 'going and supporting another club' when you've spent your life investing your time, energy and emotions into the team.

Unfortunately, regardless of who owns us, football has always been changing towards what we're facing now. Big money clubs have just sped up the process.

No matter who owns us, it's a sport where success is measured in how much you spend, where players put profit over passion, and integrity makes less appearances than than Phil Jones.

This process has just made a lot of us face reality.

Morality aside, it's a really tough time for some, so let's try and remember what being United is really all about.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
There’s something quite xenophobic about dismissing the news from Qatar, simply because the UK press hasn’t said anything :lol:

Mad how some on here would take the word of Alex Crook from talksport over a newspaper report that has genuine links to the proposed buyer.

genuine links + a big shift in the share price is huge news

Status
Not open for further replies.