Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergieisold

We didn't know shit, there was suspicion from the off for obvious reasons. We'll have the same suspicion when we suddenly get large Qatari sponsors then people will delude themselves into thinking its because we're special.

If City's trophies have always meant less because of said suspicion people can't then claim ours won't.
It would be great to have assurances from the new owners we will not be going down the same route as City.

onemanarmy

I feel like you're intentionally missing the point, maybe it's a racism thing, that brown owners equals financial doping, but to completely ignore the difference in us and a 2008 Manchester City, I'd think you'd have to be intentionally not getting it
Jesus Christ. I suggest you take a short timeout from this thread.

JagUTD

Yeah because there is a correlation between two non related things. What next? if someone plays Fellaini in FM that means he is pro anti football?
It's funny posters are whining about this rather than the nonsense post I was replying to.

jm99

Jesus Christ. I suggest you take a short timeout from this thread.
I'm not actually saying he's racist, I'm saying you either have to intentionally be being dense to try and make a comparison between us and a 2008 city, in terms of whether it would be financial doping, or you have to basically think that all Arab owners are identical for some reason. We aren't going to have to inflate the value of sponsorships, we aren't going to have to fudge the books, we aren't going to have to circumvent ffp. So the only comparison that will exist between us and city is that our owners will be from a similar geographical location

JagUTD

I feel like you're intentionally missing the point, maybe it's a racism thing, that brown owners equals financial doping, but to completely ignore the difference in us and a 2008 Manchester City, I'd think you'd have to be intentionally not getting it
:lol:

jm99

Do you honestly think we'll have to inflate the value of sponsorships, pay people off the books, falsify financial records or circumvent ffp? Because if not the comparison to city and their success is very lazy

cyberman

Just had a quick skim through some match day threads, wouldn't say it's exactly far off tbh.

Then there's the way some justify heir support for Qatar as being the only possible way we can compete. While not the same thing it plays into the whole "everything is rubbish" view they have about United.

:lol:

Abu Dhabi financially doping a club or Qatar who slipped FIFA and others bundles of cash to get the most corrupt world cup in at least 5 years?

Tough call...
Why do you think anybody needs to justify support for a Qatar bid to you?
You the type to dance around wanting Glazers out at all costs being a massive factor so you can’t be this condescending anymore?

Pronewbie

Peep
I wouldn't say no to some creative accounting/financial boost (not doping, since we are one of the brands in football and can justify a "premium" in sponsorships) to bring in additional players this summer. City, Chelsea and others have done it anyway. It's just the nature of the beast.

It's most certainly better than the creative accounting we currently do to screw ourselves over by over-valuing deadwood at the club.

JagUTD

Do you honestly think we'll have to inflate the value of sponsorships, pay people off the books, falsify financial records or circumvent ffp? Because if not the comparison to city and their success is very lazy
We are now playing catch up, because of the cheating of our friendly neighborhood rivals. So I would not be surprised at all if that was to be the case and unfortunately for everyone here up in arms, out potential new owners, or at least their most likely backers of we must pretends it's not what it is, have shown a great willingness to cheat their way to get what they want in football.

Woodzy

He's also mates with the class of 92 who are part of the Qatari bid. Could swing either way but based on his media personality he does seem to value his credibility and reputation a fair bit.
Are they really though? I thought the 92 foundation was mostly irrelevant

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
It's only cheating if it's funneled into the club in a way that breaks ffp rules, which is far less likely with a club that generates the kind of revenues that we do
And if the rules aren't good enough they can be changed. We play in a league, twenty clubs can set whatever rules they want.

Sid234

He's also mates with the class of 92 who are part of the Qatari bid. Could swing either way but based on his media personality he does seem to value his credibility and reputation a fair bit.
I dont think class of 92 has anything to do with the Qatari bid

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
'the feck are you talking about?

tomaldinho1

Not sure there’s any truth in this assumption.

Im imagining Qatar buying the club and then the class of 92 all turn up wearing traditional Qatari robes for the photo opp. A la Messi in his weird black dressing gown at the WC.

JagUTD

Why do you think anybody needs to justify support for a Qatar bid to you?
You the type to dance around wanting Glazers out at all costs being a massive factor so you can’t be this condescending anymore?
Never said anyone has to do anything of the sort. However plenty have asked those of us against Qatar to justify why and accused us of being pro Glazer because we haven't thrown out arms up over the potential staged buy out rather than a full sale only.

In fairness I have poked fun at that by suggesting full sale only equates to support for the Glazers staying but compared to several posters being accused of being racist throughout this thread for daring not to support Qatar, it's pretty insignificant.

And I most certainly want the Glazers out, at almost any cost. So much so I'm willing to play the long game if that's what it takes.

RedDevilRoshi

No they aren’t unless you have seen the Neville brothers and Scholes walking around Salford with those Qatari robes and headscarf’s on? :lol:

Telsim

I dont think class of 92 has anything to do with the Qatari bid
Not entirely clear. I mean, Beckham is involved with the Qatari, just not directly pertaining to their United bid. And there were reports Jassim wants former players involved into the club more. It would be ignorant to throw it out completely. Their involvement is in the "neither confirm nor deny" territory.

That being said, I don't think Ferdinand knows anything and is talking out of his backside.

Pronewbie

Peep
Not sure there’s any truth in this assumption.

Im imagining Qatar buying the club and then the class of 92 all turn up wearing traditional Qatari robes for the photo opp. A la Messi in his weird black dressing gown at the WC.
He’s created a company called “Nine Two Foundation” who are a front for the Qatar bid. That’s probably where you got confused.
Yeah I must have been misinformed somehow as I haven't been following this story closely. There's no known direct involvement. https://theathletic.com/4220360/2023/02/17/manchester-united-qatar-sheik-jassim-bid-explained/

Status
Not open for further replies.