Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm99

I too would’ve liked that, for all the fans saying City’s success means less
The thing is, quite a lot of people saying that it's because they've cheated, and not in some vague "oil money is cheating sense" but in the "they repeatedly broke ffp rules sense." So yes, their succession tainted, the same way it would be had their players been found to all be using PEDs. Not everyone who thinks City have cheated are opposed to that kind of ownership, they're opposed to cheating

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I wish people would stop acting like it was the fake tweet that set the stocks off. Yes it can cause a reaction but the price stayed high and there was an incredible amount of action on the stock. It wasn’t just the tweet.

Chief123

We've all complained at times, how could we not. But there's a difference between complaining when it's 7-0 for example or when it's 46 seconds into a game and a balls been kicked out of play...

The latter, from what I have seen tend to fall into the Qatar camp.
:lol: :lol:

Smores

The thing is, quite a lot of people saying that it's because they've cheated, and not in some vague "oil money is cheating sense" but in the "they repeatedly broke ffp rules sense." So yes, their succession tainted, the same way it would be had their players been found to all be using PEDs. Not everyone who thinks City have cheated are opposed to that kind of ownership, they're opposed to cheating
Oh come on that's clear bollocks, there was widespread claims of cheating way before any such charges were either hinted at. Now we're in the same boat some are just changing their tune.

tufapshakur

We've all complained at times, how could we not. But there's a difference between complaining when it's 7-0 for example or when it's 46 seconds into a game and a balls been kicked out of play...

I'm definitely not a Qatarian premature evaluator.

Fr. Todd Unctious

I wish people would stop acting like it was the fake tweet that set the stocks off. Yes it can cause a reaction but the price stayed high and there was an incredible amount of action on the stock. It wasn’t just the tweet.

Is the correct answer. There's mechanisms built into the market to stop them being moved by random tweets otherwise it would be chaos every day of the week

Crackers

greasy ginfers

This is the most ridiculous post you've got in this thread. It's entirely unfounded and maybe even a little biased. It's also divisive, so I suggest you tone it back.

jm99

Oh come on that's clear bollocks, there was widespread claims of cheating way before any such charges were either hinted at. Now we're in the same boat some are just changing their tune.
Yes, because it was quite obvious that city didn't have the kind of appeal to result in the sponsorship money they were getting and their revenues seemed obviously false, the charges confirmed it but most people suspected sone level of impropriety based on what we're clearly inflated financial figures

cyberman

That’s because we knew they were cheating? when did Mancini say he was getting two wages? 2012?
The 100m sponsorships right out of the gate?

b82REZ

You can't see the difference between how City were financially doped to reach the top, and us potentially getting a Middle Eastern owner?

For some reconciling their feelings because of what they have or haven't said about City seems to mean ignoring the context of the two clubs during their respective takeovers.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I cannot wait for this godforsaken thread to end, but I'm also thoroughly enjoying it. Do I have Stockholm Syndrome?

GreatDane

Wow... :lol:

OleGunnar20

Hows Zilliacus' bid coming along does anyone know? We all Venmo'd him that hundred quid he asked for yes?

Smores

That’s because we knew they were cheating? when did Mancini say he was getting two wages? 2012?
The 100m sponsorships right out of the gate?
We didn't know shit, there was suspicion from the off for obvious reasons. We'll have the same suspicion when we suddenly get large Qatari sponsors then people will delude themselves into thinking its because we're special.

If City's trophies have always meant less because of said suspicion people can't then claim ours won't.

FujiVice

If City's trophies have always meant less because of said suspicion people can't then claim ours won't.
Difference being, they have been charged with cheating. We'd be within the laws of the sport, due to being a giant club, with mass appeal to sponsors. We get back in the game after 18 years of being fecked over, that's all.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic

Yeah because there is a correlation between two non related things. What next? if someone plays Fellaini in FM that means he is pro anti football?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Oil money IS cheating. It isn’t vague at all.

Having unlimited funds is not a thing a club involved in competitive sport should have, and a genuine massive club validating the ownership models of the likes of City & Newcastle leads us down a one way path to oblivion where the ONLY way to compete at the highest level is for everyone who can to align themselves with a different feudal oil state, or die… it will taint our success too. Maybe not as much, but to some degree certainly, and absolutely makes the sport less interesting.

But you tell yourself what you have to.

jm99

We didn't know shit, there was suspicion from the off for obvious reasons. We'll have the same suspicion when we suddenly get large Qatari sponsors then people will delude themselves into thinking its because we're special.

That's nonsense though, City were midtable nobodies and we're one of the biggest sporting brands in the world. Anyone trying to compare the two is just being disingenuous

cyberman

No, we knew. It was asked how we knew and that’s the answer.
We don’t need inflated sponsorships, our renewals are normally the most expansive in the world and sets the market until we renew again. City went from Bournemouth’s income to competing with us in the space of a few seasons.
If we get a new sponsorship and someone questions it just point to the many world record sponsorships we already sign off on and ask where’s the discrepancy.
It’s not even a comparison

jm99

Oil money IS cheating. It isn’t vague at all.

Having unlimited funds is not a thing a club involved in competitive sport should have, and a genuine massive club validating the ownership models of the likes of City & Newcastle leads us down a one way path to oblivion where the ONLY way to compete at the highest level is for everyone who can to align themselves with a different feudal oil state… it will taint our success too.

But you tell yourself what you have to.
It's only cheating if it's funneled into the club in a way that breaks ffp rules, which is far less likely with a club that generates the kind of revenues that we do

Zed 101

In reality does FFP really count anyway? so City have had 155 charges levelled at them, no hearing date in sight, what is the betting they will skate or at worst get a transfer ban? nobody apart from a few relegated clubs care that Everton are in breach, Real Madrid can do whatever the F they want as can PSG.... it is almost as if football is governed by a bunch of corrupt b'stards who are not competent in any way shape or form!

No different than Red Bull in F1, or fining a billion dollar company £10k for dumping chemicals

JagUTD

Complete horse shit. Confirmation bias at its finest.
Just had a quick skim through some match day threads, wouldn't say it's exactly far off tbh.

Then there's the way some justify heir support for Qatar as being the only possible way we can compete. While not the same thing it plays into the whole "everything is rubbish" view they have about United.

You can't see the difference between how City were financially doped to reach the top, and us potentially getting a Middle Eastern owner?

For some reconciling their feelings because of what they have or haven't said about City seems to mean ignoring the context of the two clubs during their respective takeovers.
:lol:

Abu Dhabi financially doping a club or Qatar who slipped FIFA and others bundles of cash to get the most corrupt world cup in at least 5 years?

Tough call...

jm99

Just had a quick skim through some match day threads, wouldn't say it's exactly far off tbh.

Then there's the way some justify heir support for Qatar as being the only possible way we can compete. While not the same thing it plays into the whole "everything is rubbish" view they have about United.

:lol:

Abu Dhabi financially doping a club or Qatar who slipped FIFA and others bundles of cash to get the most corrupt world cup in at least 5 years?

Tough call...
I feel like you're intentionally missing the point, maybe it's a racism thing, that brown owners equals financial doping, but to completely ignore the difference in us and a 2008 Manchester City, I'd think you'd have to be intentionally not getting it

Status
Not open for further replies.