Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenoffpearson

The Reuters stuff will be correct, no reason for it to be otherwise, as others have already pointed out.

However the only group that it would have been targeted for, would be SJR.

The Raine Group/Glazers have shown no reason/interest in keeping the fans informed of anything - none.

Raine probably contacted them via the normal channels and did not get the result they wanted and have served the article as a warning of the matter moving forward with the other party.

The ball is definitely in SJR's court. Either he reacts or stays put/concedes.

However they will drag the pre exclusivity agreement out for as long as necessary to accommodate him, his finance is complicated, despite his acumen for complicated deals.

If he comes back with something then it all starts again?

Last edited:

GreatDane

No news today then.
I don't want to brag, but I did just fix a door in my house that had been a pain in the arse for about 6 months - took me 5 mins when I finally got around to do it.
So don't come here with your no news...

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I do think the Glazers will be aware of the transfer window though.

I think they want to feck off before the pressure turns up on them to start making signings.

I think there’ll be significant progress by this time next week. Well, significant relative to the speed that the Glazers take with every single decision.
Once they announce who they're going with, no one will care about what their responsibility is in this shambles and most fans will look forward to (what seems likely) an exceptional (for United) January transfer window where we might be playing catch-up for top 4.

They just need to say the magic words 'We're selling to Jassim/Jim, subject to regulatory/PL approval' and they can feck off.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust

I think they want to feck off before the pressure turns up on them to start making signings.

I think there’ll be significant progress by this time next week. Well, significant relative to the speed that the Glazers take with every single decision.
I dunno, I think they are more involved in transfers than we think. Look at how slow and ponderous we are in the transfer market and how slow and ponderous we are in this takeover, is suspected that they need to be signed off by ponderous people in both cases.

But no I don't expect any signings until the takeover process has been confirmed.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I dunno, I think they are more involved in transfers than we think. Look at how slow and ponderous we are in the transfer market and how slow and ponderous we are in this takeover, is suspected that they need to be signed off by ponderous people in both cases.

But no I don't expect any signings until the takeover process has been confirmed.
Maybe it’s just the hope speaking, but I actually don’t reckon they’re at all vested in the club at this point.

I mean, look at the fecking January window ffs. They’ve checked out mentally imo.

I reckon they wanna wash their hands of it all before pressure to spend this window gets too loud and starts damaging their global name further.

They’ll scurry off soon enough I think. Hopefully fully and properly and Man Utd can be a proper club again.

Flying high

Maybe it’s just the hope speaking, but I actually don’t reckon they’re at all vested in the club at this point.

I mean, look at the fecking January window ffs. They’ve checked out mentally imo.

I reckon they wanna wash their hands of it all before pressure to spend this window gets too loud and starts damaging their global name further.

They’ll scurry off soon enough I think. Hopefully fully and properly and Man Utd can be a proper club again.
That might be their preference. But if the bids are still short of their valuation, then I'm sure they'll wait as long as it takes.

Esquire

You are too kind to the Glazers and assume them to be rational reasonable owners who care about the club. The transfer window is actually leverage for them in my view, in pressuring bidders (Jasim if there is really exclusivity) to up their purchase price knowing the new owner will be desperate to come in and get the window purchases right. These guys only care about one driver, getting to 6B valuation.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

I read somewhere that Joel is extremely involved in transfers and he has final approval on everything.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
You are too kind to the Glazers and assume them to be rational reasonable owners who care about the club. The transfer window is actually leverage for them in my view, in pressuring bidders (Jasim if there is really exclusivity) to up their purchase price knowing the new owner will be desperate to come in and get the window purchases right. These guys only care about one driver, getting to 6B valuation.
Yeah, I don’t really disagree.

I don’t think they care at all about the club - just their own name, globally.

I think the notion that they’ll just do nothing all Summer is a bit far fetched. The media volume will thankfully go to insane levels globally and they’re weak businessmen when media pressure ramps up.

I think if that happens they’ll reluctantly make a few relatively low profile transfers - maybe Mount, Hoijland and a GK.

But I think ideally they want to make the sell before that point.

Same with MG, they don’t want to deal with it, they’re done with the club.

Esquire

Yeah, I don’t really disagree.

I don’t think they care at all about the club - just their own name, globally.

I think the notion that they’ll just do nothing all Summer is a bit far fetched. The media volume will thankfully go to insane levels globally and they’re weak businessmen when media pressure ramps up.

I think if that happens they’ll reluctantly make a few relatively low profile transfers - maybe Mount, Hoijland and a GK.

But I think ideally they want to make the sell before that point.

Same with MG, they don’t want to deal with it, they’re done with the club.
These parasites have proven to be remarkably thick skinned when it comes to their own selfish interests. But hope you are right, whoever wins I think the entire supporter base would love to see them gone. It’s getting painful.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust

I mean January was never going to be busy, we had spent well over what we could afford the previous summer, which is probably what prompted them to look into selling.

I don't think they are going to be sanctioning any big deals with so much financial wrangling and decisions being made. I think there is a likelihood they are more invested than they have ever been in trying to maximise the value of the club.

Woziak

Shares have fallen by over $1 which makes total sense, the calm before the storm, we should know at least which way the wind blows by end of Week, this is going to be a really long window.

Apparently there’s no cash for actual transfers until we get paid the broadcasting money end of June 23, very much like January. It looks like John Murtourgh, ETH and Arnold are almost working with one arm tied behind their back, De Gea was rumoured to now be offered £125k per week after originally being offered £175-200k as ETH wants a new number 1 now.

They can’t bid not because of FSP/FFP but because they literally have no cash to pay of the credit line that they intended to use for transfers. Obviously last week People jumped the gun with Qatari bid who are definitely in pole position but Apparently Glazers have offered SJR one final chance to increase his bid, the reality is he will have to borrow some of the money to increase the bid.

We as united fans have been mentally abused for 18 years by the worst sporting owners in living memory, this will inevitably drag on for weeks and weeks until one party walks away which could actually happen this week!

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Shares have fallen by over $1 which makes total sense, the calm before the storm, we should know at least which way the wind blows by end of Week, this is going to be a really long window.

Apparently there’s no cash for actual transfers until we get paid the broadcasting money end of June 23, very much like January. It looks like John Murtourgh, ETH and Arnold are almost working with one arm tied behind their back, De Gea was rumoured to now be offered £125k per week after originally being offered £175-200k as ETH wants a new number 1 now.

They can’t bid not because of FSP/FFP but because they literally have no cash to pay of the credit line that they intended to use for transfers. Obviously last week People jumped the gun with Qatari bid who are definitely in pole position but Apparently Glazers have offered SJR one final chance to increase his bid, the reality is he will have to borrow some of the money to increase the bid.

We as united fans have been mentally abused for 18 years by the worst sporting owners in living memory, this will inevitably drag on for weeks and weeks until one party walks away which could actually happen this week!
Makes sense. Club basically has no cash reserves left

Giggsy13

''Ratcliffe meeting the Glazers in New york''

Pro Ineos: ''Could be there to seal the deal''

Pro Qatar: ''Could be laying the PR groundwork for him admitting defeat''

That's the sort of thing I was talking about. Interpreting and reacting to the same news differently depending on who it involves and their own view point.

Not people highlighting the problems with one bidder while ignoring the other. For what it's worth I've seen plenty of noise in here about the problematic aspects of Ratcliffe, Ineos and Goldman Sachs.
100% the most tedious, repetitive and nonsensical thread in redcafe history. I say enjoy the summer, warmer weather and patio sessions, with a nice cold beer.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters

Where did the shares go down over $1?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Who says there is no cash for transfers ? Season Ticket money all comes in at this time of year so it's actually the most cash rich time of year for the club

Regardless of takeover there should be some transfer budget available, whether the Glazers are sanctioning moves at the moment is another question

Woziak

Who says there is no cash for transfers ? Season Ticket money all comes in at this time of year so it's actually the most cash rich time of year for the club

Regardless of takeover there should be some transfer budget available, whether the Glazers are sanctioning moves at the moment is another question
No I’m agreeing with you but they are waiting on the cash at end of June which is why we never do any business or very little in June and as for the Glazers they are deliberately looking for a sabotage !

MUFC OK

I don't want to brag, but I did just fix a door in my house that had been a pain in the arse for about 6 months - took me 5 mins when I finally got around to do it.
So don't come here with your no news...
Are you John Murtough?

fergosaurus

Just finding an old post of yours that I recalled :boring:
That last one is a gem. By his own admission he was no longer a fan ten months ago. And now he's one of the leading Qatar fanboys on the forum and seems to have a keen interest in United again. I guess the thought of becoming a galactico cheat code team reignited something in him.

Zora

This is probably the first time the Sir Jim biased UK media are reporting that Qatar are leading the bidding.

Only a matter of time now.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What’s the hold up on this? We clearly know who our new owners are. What they negotiating?

greenoffpearson

Guardian - The sense is publicly and privately that Sheikh Jassim edged ahead of Ineos
https://amp.theguardian.com/footbal...uffer-slow-torture-as-glazers-bide-their-time
From the Guardian article:

"All told, the Glazers have taken out £154m in dividends and share buybacks since 2015. As the highly respected football finance blogger Swiss Ramble pointed out last year, no owners in the Premier League have taken out more money over the last decade. Indeed many have put in significant funds, including Manchester City’s (£684m), Chelsea’s pre-Todd Boehly (£516m) and Aston Villa’s (£506m). United might still be the world’s biggest cash machine, but when the team, Old Trafford and the Carrington training facility are no longer world class, it comes at a cost."

Fecking disgusting.
If you look at the following article from Sportico, the figures are even more depressing. It confirms that the Glazers have milked the club and are now more or less at the magic 2/3 ownership mark and have no more room to manoeuvre:
https://www.sportico.com/feature/manchester-united-sale-glazer-family-timeline-1234723124/

Status
Not open for further replies.