Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyteutonic

The Glazer vampires continue to suck the life out of the club and it’s future.

I would think a lot of overseas supporters are following what I do now, check to see if any progress on the sale has been made so the club can get on with life. I look every 48 hours if it’s not on our sports news here in Sydney, sigh and realise that improving the club will not happen until their vice like grip around the neck of the club is gone.

They have managed to suck the fun out of following what was the biggest club in the world, just F**k off already, take your money and sink into the tar pits from which you emerged.
Melbourne here mate.
Yep, I have pretty much the same protocol re: sale progress.

Any excitement I had for them leaving or for the summer transfer window is long gone.

moodyred

Is it possible that Glazers have decided not to sell the club but are not even bothered to inform the fans?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is it possible that Glazers have decided not to sell the club but are not even bothered to inform the fans?
They’d have to make some sort of announcement to shareholders either way

Chairman Steve

:lol:
Then why tweet about it in the first place? :rolleyes: You can‘t play the Don’t Shoot The Messenger card as that’s more to do someone tasked or ordered to say something on behalf of someone. Doing it voluntary with no-one telling you to say it removes the purpose of that idiom.

Herschel Krustofsky

Supports
Balanced perspectives
The problem with the INEOS bid is the potential law suits from the minority share holders which would also mean the Glazers would also have issues with the NYSE for allowing this type of Merger to be allowed, there is another board meeting scheduled tomorrow and the Glazers will be given another vote of no confidence, my hunch is something was agreed with SJ last week but only verbally, leaks dropped of this being done, which it was not and the Glazers, through Raine reminded the Qataris of NDA, they also leaked that SJR could put up a higher final bid but the more incriminating leaks were being published by the media that SJR couldn’t go any higher and he would have huge problems with the NYSE and minority share holders. The Glazers obviously went back to SJ and said another £200-300m it’s yours and he stood his ground and said no, so we now have another 2-3 weeks or until either SJ or SJR pulls out or the Glazers give in, but those fans expecting something today or this week are living in an alternate universe, more pain, more delay more greed from the goblins. The only way this gets done quickly is the Uk Government in collaboration with the EPL say that all debt owed by a PL football team over £500m must be settled by August 31st 2023!
Your hunch is bigger than Quasimodo’s!

sparx99

So the shirt gets launched tomorrow right?

It’s going to be revealed with Qatar Airways on the front isn’t it? Or Ineos?

Von Mistelroum

So don't take this with a pinch of salt, don't take it at all because honestly it's from a source that I've no reason to trust because I don't even properly know him. However, I've been told that the Glazers are staying. This was decided a while back now, but they are trying to keep a lid on it until they have a signing to announce and soften the blow.

They thought this was happening soon with Mount but now there's pressure to announce what's happening and they are trying desperately to wait until we get someone in. This is made more difficult by the manager being very specific about who he wants and not just accepting whoever they can quickly sign.

Again, don't shoot the messenger because literally it's not even come from a friend of a friend. More a friend of an associate, and I am the least ITK person around. If it's true though, then I genuinely give up... Time to try to get into American Handball instead!

Edit: before anyone asks why bother posting it at all - Because I'm feeling very sad at the very thought of it and would like someone to tell me it's nonsense please.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I don't agree that Sir Jim is winning. 92F seem to be in the lead at the moment.
The problem with the INEOS bid is the potential law suits from the minority share holders which would also mean the Glazers would also have issues with the NYSE for allowing this type of Merger to be allowed
This basically. Joel and Avram might scrap over every penny but the other four just want their cash quickly and risk free, not getting sued for billions by minority shareholders. As soon as the bidding went above a certain level the INEOS deal became massively dysfunctional in a number of ways and was only kept alive for its stalking horse value. Qatar soon saw through that and flipped the bird to Raine on their extra cash demands. So it's just a question of time before it's announced.

So don't take this with a pinch of salt, don't take it at all because honestly it's from a source that I've no reason to trust because I don't even properly know him. However, I've been told that the Glazers are staying. This was decided a while back now, but they are trying to keep a lid on it until they have a signing to announce and soften the blow.
They're not staying. Interest rate hikes and the impossiblilty of getting regular top four without massive investment have destroyed their business model at United. And sterling is quite high at the moment so they would want to get it done.

People should worry less about dodgy leaks and stick to the basic logic of the situation.

Last edited:

Infra-red

They thought this was happening soon with Mount but now there's pressure to announce what's happening and they are trying desperately to wait until we get someone in. This is made more difficult by the manager being very specific about who he wants and not just accepting whoever they can quickly sign.

Again, don't shoot the messenger because literally it's not even come from a friend of a friend. More a friend of an associate, and I am the least ITK person around. If it's true though, then I genuinely give up... Time to try to get into American Handball instead!

Edit: before anyone asks why bother posting it at all - Because I'm feeling very sad at the very thought of it and would like someone to tell me it's nonsense please.
In my view, they are unlikely to remain in majority control. They need an influx of capital and I don't see what minority investment really gets them that Ratcliffe's 50.1% offer does not. If they want to remain in some capacity and perhaps share in the windfall from future revenue growth, they'll take the offer from Ineos; if they want to cash-in their chips, they'll take the offer from Qatar. Either way, the most likely outcome now is that they will cease to remain in control of the club.

spwd

Ban him :nervous:

AudenshawRed

The share price has fallen quite a bit today… has anyone seen anything which might indicate why?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

I hope you get threadbanned

Giggsyking

its nonsense. There you go.

And they want to soften the blow with Mason fecking Maradona Mount :lol: .

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

What a dick :lol:

GoldanoGraham

Isn’t it the AGM tomorrow in NY?

Surely Arnold is going to be pressed for an update of sorts from the A share holders?

Will be very interesting as to how deflective the answers are…..while there will be nothing concrete this is the first AGM since the ‘strategic’ review started…..it cannot just be ignored.

stepic

:lol:

like signing mount or anyone would soften the blow. they could sign mbappe and we'd still be out cold

pogbasformerbarber

Nothing has changed financially for the Glazers. As I and many have pointed to on here over the course of months, the Glazers have almost no financial path to keeping the club. There's really no way they aren't selling.

I get into this with stock market buddies on specific stocks. There's always moaning about "timing this and that", and if "this doesn't happen by this date" or "its been too quiet for too long" so X isn't happening...its all BS. The bottom line is a business deal timeline is dictated by the sellers (and sometimes the buyers). Thats it.

Who knows why it's taking long, but we live in a time where the media and fans create perceived timelines, and then when those timelines aren't met they attach meaning to them (when the timeline itself was fantasy). Leaks from parties are usually LESS reliable than anything even created by the media, as they are often untrue but leaked as a way to create leverage.

I'm sure this is still being negotiated, and we'll have a buyout. It won't be when people might want or expect, but thats because it's being done on a timeline that doesn't matter to anyone but the buyers and sellers. Do you really think a buyer that envisions owning this club for the foreseeable future cares about an extra month or two to iron out an issue that might be critical to the deal? Or that the Glazers, who will never be a part of the club ever again, would care about a few months either? It's happening folks, just enjoy the summer and stop worrying.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Probably the worst "ITK" of all time.

At least utterly pointlessly made up ITKs are stuff we want to happen :lol:

AndySmith1990

There's no signing we could make that'd soften such a blow. It's nonsense anyway as they'd have to let Raine Group know, and we'd find out from the bidders that it's over

Von Mistelroum

There's no signing we could make that'd soften such a blow. It's nonsense anyway as they'd have to let Raine Group know, and we'd find out from the bidders that it's over
Well yes, that's obvious to us but I suspect the Glazers would be just deluded enough to assume that we'd be fine with it as long as they signed some super talent like Mason Mount...

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Nothing has changed financially for the Glazers. As I and many have pointed to on here over the course of months, the Glazers have almost no financial path to keeping the club. There's really no way they aren't selling.

I get into this with stock market buddies on specific stocks. There's always moaning about "timing this and that", and if "this doesn't happen by this date" or "its been too quiet for too long" so X isn't happening...its all BS. The bottom line is a business deal timeline is dictated by the sellers (and sometimes the buyers). Thats it.

Who knows why it's taking long, but we live in a time where the media and fans create perceived timelines, and then when those timelines aren't met they attach meaning to them (when the timeline itself was fantasy). Leaks from parties are usually LESS reliable than anything even created by the media, as they are often untrue but leaked as a way to create leverage.

I'm sure this is still being negotiated, and we'll have a buyout. It won't be when people might want or expect, but thats because it's being done on a timeline that doesn't matter to anyone but the buyers and sellers. Do you really think a buyer that envisions owning this club for the foreseeable future cares about an extra month or two to iron out an issue that might be critical to the deal? Or that the Glazers, who will never be a part of the club ever again, would care about a few months either? It's happening folks, just enjoy the summer and stop worrying.
People need to just reread this post over and over to pass the time. It contains all that you need to know (other than Qatar are the buyers.)

Bagshot85

Eid coming up this week. Sheikh Jassim could be waiting to announce this on the day maybe?

Hajj has started today, will be Eid on Wednesday. Usually means a 3 day holiday in Muslim countries.

Not saying it's any bearing on news coming out, but thought I'd share that info.

Zora

The stock price doesn’t mean much when it comes to the takeover. It fluctuates daily - people read far too much into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.