Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosws87

So nickspeed the Twitter account with hardly any followers, appears to be the closest to the button throughout. :lol:

Looks like the end is near, finally.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Darcie as the 2nd highest shareholder, yet never seen her at OT. What a lovely payout for doing sweet Feckall (as far as I'm aware).
She's very visible and involved with the Bucs, so I get the feeling she just inherited these shares and never gave a shit about football (the non-American kind) or United.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
According to last quarterly report it's a PLC.

https://ir.manutd.com/~/media/Files/M/Manutd-IR/Governance Document/mar-2023-mu-plc-interim-accts-final.pdf

If you look at the bottom of the website you get:

©2023 Manchester United FC Ltd

Confusing.
You're not wrong it is, a PLC is a company that sells shares on the Stock Exchange, LTD does not sell shares, so one of them can't be right - and these are UK terms, in the US they would be Inc or Corp for PLC and LLC for LTD

Woziak

Something is going down and the Qataris are desperate to Gloat but they can’t yet, if they can drop $7-8bn just to buy the club with 100% buy out, bearing in mind that the 50m minority shares at $38 will cost $1.9bn. They would literally try and get as many young players like Henderson, Williams, Ellanga and Mctominay sold quickly to increase the budget to £300-350m asap. It will actually be more difficult next year with FSP reducing to 80%, I can see most of our transferred being paid upfront this summer as well even if we are using the current credit card

MTF

Appletonred

I might be reading the room wrong but the fact that there's not been so much as a peep from the AGM yesterday is quite telling, I suspect we could be at a point now where an announcement is imminent.

Woziak

I might be reading the room wrong but the fact that there's not been so much as a peep from the AGM yesterday is quite telling, I suspect we could be at a point now where an announcement is imminent.
Yep I think you may actually be right this time

MTF

Got it. I think.
So which administrative regulations with regard to the takeover would apply?
Ltd or PLC?
PLC, as that is what is being negotiated for.

Also the Football Club Ltd isn't the only subsidiary of the PLC, there's other subsidiaries that are directly connected to the activities of the club that any buyer would also want. One for example is MUTV Ltd. The Women's Football Club is also apparently a separate Ltd (going off of the information on Bloomberg).

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
See I don't necessarily think Plant has been harshly done by. But it should be one from each side, surely?

New Era 77

No they're not but it's the fact there is an offer on the table offering them a significant increase on the market value of their shares. Their shares would not be worth the $35+ per share if SJR took over. The price of shares would drop because there would be no interest in them. Therefore the Glazer's saying in November they'll put the fans and shareholders in their best interest would be a false statement made in the public domain.
It's basically a case of, if the Glazers sell to Radcliffe it's a worse deal on the table than the one offered by Qatar, therefore the other shareholders will sue because they will be worse off, whilst the Glazers profit.

dacore

My man´s intuition tells me that Jazz "the Badass" Al Thani will seal the deal before New Years Eve.

Barthez

its absolutely delicious if an option they wanted to take would end up them being sued by their own shareholders. Useless cnuts, and these are supposed to be good business people
Whoever said they were good at business? They inherited everything from daddy Malc

Status
Not open for further replies.