Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

Yes, by this point the only source I will believe is an official club statement. Even Reuters and Bloomberg have proven to be unreliable in this farce.
Where have they been shown to be unreliable?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Not for you though obviously.
I'm not celebrating anybody buying the club. They're just leeches trying to feed off something built by a community over generations. To celebrate that you'd have to be a bit of a numpty.

Rio confirms his “very good source” is someone at Utd. Basically Rio saying some of the Glazers remain involved and some aren’t happy with the number (bid). Greedy rats.
Add Rio to the list of people not to be trusted, along with Reuters and Bloomberg. Take away their rubbish abs we're right back to square one.

Tiber

Rio said a lot whilst also saying nothing. Strong Qatar bid, Ratcliffe not out of it. Joel Glazer wants to stay involved and help Jimbo load up on new debt

Same as ever

Telsim

Where have they been shown to be unreliable?
Both times they have reported recently. Whether they were fed false information, or information that was true at the time and later the parasites changed their mind, or they were simply making shit up is irrelevant. They’ve proven to be unreliable sources in this case, even if it was out of their control. For me, there’s only one reliable source by this point – the club itself.

cyberman

Both times they have reported recently. Whether they were fed false information, or information that was true at the time and later the parasites changed their mind, or they were simply making shit up is irrelevant. They’ve proven to be unreliable sources in this case, even if it was out of their control. For me, there’s only one reliable source by this point – the club itself.
What did they say that was wrong?

Infra-red

Guardian journalist Daniel Harris has just posted the following on Twitter: "Ineos are in constant meetings with lawyers in New York and also with minority shareholder reps. As far as Ineos are concerned, these are final details and United is going to Ratcliffe, but they also feel something untoward is going on."

Tiber

Guardian journalist Daniel Harris has just posted the following on Twitter: "Ineos are in constant meetings with lawyers in New York and also with minority shareholder reps. As far as Ineos are concerned, these are final details and United is going to Ratcliffe, but they also feel something untoward is going on."
Concerning news. But don't see him posting links to any reputable websites. Looks more like a random fan account

strandty

Think it was a bit tongue in cheek

Woziak

Something untoward is going on, you couldn’t make this up, meaning they INEOS think they are being played but in reality they are both being played and the Glazers are staying !!!

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Consider a mountain - grand, solid, immense. Imagine if a bird were to land on this mountain once every hundred years, and each time it lands, it only scrapes off a tiny pebble before flying away again.

Feck off mountain

stevoc

What a load of crap. I don’t particularly like either channel but to your statement regarding the United Stand is utter bollocks. You can’t watch a “news” show for 5 minutes without that bellend Goldbridge uttering “I’ve been texting someone”, “yesterday I was chatting to…”. He is the biggest click bait, do, say and act anyway possible for views knobber there is. Everything wrong with as you say “modern day football reporting”.
Not watched much of that Goldbridge character but yeah he's the worst. No idea how anyone can stomach listening to him.

HackeyC

I'll just drop this from the SEC. Keep in mind United are a listed company, so all this "insider" gossip should be taken with a large pinch of salt, otherwise it is potentially in breach of insider trading regs.

Material inside information can be either positive or negative.

Information is “nonpublic” if it has not been disclosed to the public generally. For information to be considered public, there should be some evidence that it has been widely disseminated and that the investing public has had time to absorb the information. You should generally consider information nonpublic until after the second business day after the information is publicly released, such as by press release or widely circulated public disclosure documents filed with the SEC, such as prospectuses or 10-K, 10-Q or 8-K reports. For example, if information is disclosed via press release on a Monday, it can be considered public beginning that Thursday.

Brophs

The One and Only

The “Daniel Harris understands…” thing is taking the piss out of journos who report transfer gossip with a po-faced “I understand…X player is closing in on a move to Y club”. He does it very rarely but think he had it right with Dan James and maybe Sancho in the past.

I don’t think he’s taking the piss that INEOS believe they have it won and are working through the details.

Woziak

The “Daniel Harris understands…” thing is taking the piss out of journos who report transfer gossip with a po-faced “I understand…X player is closing in on a move to Y club”. He does it very rarely but think he had it right with Dan James and maybe Sancho in the past.

I don’t think he’s taking the piss that INEOS believe they have it won and are working through the details.
The only way INEOS are working to completing a deal is if they buy at least 80% or 100% of the club which means they would have had to have bid again over the weekend as the minority share holders will take legal action against the Glazers and SJR with the current format of the INEOS bid.

Is this Possible? yes but this would also suggest Bloomberg are talking shite as they said last week that SJR bid was dead in the water, someone is lying or just huge amounts of inaccurate disinformation. They may have bid again and in which case SJ will just counter and the cycle repeats itself.

I think we are getting an official statement from the club very soon stating that based on 8 months investigation of trying to find a minority investor or a buyer for the full sale of the club, due to the fact that the club could not find a buyer who would offer the current owners the £6bn that was required to sell the club we have decided to stay for a further 12 months in order to widen the bid for other parties!

thebelfastboy

The only way INEOS are working to completing a deal is if they buy at least 80% or 100% of the club which means they would have had to have bid again over the weekend as the minority share holders will take legal action against the Glazers and SJR with the current format of the INEOS bid.

Is this Possible? yes but this would also suggest Bloomberg are talking shite as they said last week that SJR bid was dead in the water, someone is lying or just huge amounts of inaccurate disinformation. They may have bid again and in which case SJ will just counter and the cycle repeats itself.

I think we are getting an official statement from the club very soon stating that based on 8 months investigation of trying to find a minority investor or a buyer for the full sale of the club, due to the fact that the club could not find a buyer who would offer the current owners the £6bn that was required to sell the club we have decided to stay for a further 12 months in order to widen the bid for other parties!
I just can't see a scenario where Raine would advise that by delaying now by (e.g by 12 months or more), they are likely to attract more bidders and at a higher amount.

greenoffpearson

Strange, in the podcast referred to below, one of the hosts refers to comments from Chris F(?) who is a subscriber and has a friend who works for Ineos. He essentially, if you.read his comments says the same thing as the Guardian journo.

Essentially INEOS are getting frustrated by being asked for more details and then the goal posts are moved. That Ineos will be celebrating 25 years soon and are likely to pull out if nothing is progressed.

Interesting in that journo repeats a similar line two hours later. Possibly the same source.

No real observation on the stuff but just fascinating how this stuff comes out.

I know the YouTube 'fan channels' aren't too popular on here but Stretford Paddock are currently interviewing the guy who penned the Athletic article about Sheikh Jassim.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think a likely scenario is that due to the good recent numbers the Glazers feel in a stronger position and are prepared to kick the can down the road until next season if they don’t get their number.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Surprised this thread is so long based on so little genuine info. I thought the 'sources' some post in the transfer threads were bad enough.

MDFC Manager

I just can't see a scenario where Raine would advise that by delaying now by (e.g by 12 months or more), they are likely to attract more bidders and at a higher amount.
Yeah given the way the process has been handled this time, i can see no serious party bidding next time, let alone at a higher valuation.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I think a likely scenario is that due to the good recent numbers the Glazers feel in a stronger position and are prepared to kick the can down the road until next season if they don’t get their number.
A massive risk as a world wide recession is quite likely over the next year.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Isn't it more likely a fudge because the family cannot agree on which bid to sell to? The structure of the shareholding requires unanimity.

thebelfastboy

Possible but I think it's more likely that the stock will tank if they announce that they have cancelled the same process. This would completely undermine any plan to sell higher due to stronger, short term financial performance.

Woziak

Can only see SJ sale or Glazer staying, can’t see SJR wining by hey who knows with this relentless draining saga ?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
We switch between 'Qatar will be announced within days' and 'Glazers are obviously staying' based on how much time people have had since the last titbit to work themselves up.

thebelfastboy

And on Ratcliffes proposed bid being based on financing from the top lenders; the cost of borrowing is going through the roof. There will come a point where his bid just becomes financially unviable for the banks to get behind.
I'm sure the number crunchers on Jassims side will also know exactly what that limit is.

Status
Not open for further replies.