Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

colombianmancunian

Things had gone silent. It’s either the clam before the official announcement or the fecking leeches complicating things.

I just need to see Jassim announced before the transfer window shuts. But at this rate…

redNATION

Things had gone silent. It’s either the clam before the official announcement or the fecking leeches complicating things.

I just need to see Jassim announced before the transfer window shuts. But at this rate…
Two things I’d never eat :lol:

Anyway, I hope your right, this really hasn’t gone the way anyone would after the November announcements, even talk of a new financing from banks/hedge funds has disappeared.

Anustart89

Sale is being, but Glazers also doing the owning, Manchester United in a football kind of way, yes? And then, Ratcliffe's been whispered around the round ball world, speculatively, speculatively. Not forgetting Qatar, over there, looking with eyes, interest-full and mystery-cloaked. But no confirmations, no confirmations, no confirmations. We waiting be, unfold things how seeing, hmm?
They don't think it be like it is but it do.

George The Best

Two things I’d never eat :lol:

Anyway, I hope your right, this really hasn’t gone the way anyone would after the November announcements, even talk of a new financing from banks/hedge funds has disappeared.
They might just have realised what a can of worms they opened by publicly going out with the begging bowl for new investment. If they say they have not been able to find a suitable source of funds that meets their requirements, it invites the obvious question of ‘why don’t you invest some of your own money then, rather than just take it out of the club’. I really think they are in a bind now, and genuinely don’t know what to do - despite the advice they are being given by professionals. Minority investment really doesn’t work for them because of the strings that will be attached. The full sale bids don’t meet their over-inflated self valuation of the club, so at least one of them isn’t happy with that. Half expect them to try and put some damage limitation spin on this at some point, and if they do the 6 non-Glazer Directors should hang their heads in shame. Glazer’s staying will mean OT gets a lick of paint and some sticking plasters on the roof.

FizzyWomack

Starting to feel like this is all a figment of our imagination. The last few days have looked particularly pitiful when coming into this thread. Even the most dedicated of muppets haven't even tried to keep the thread alive .. we're going out with a whimper :boring:

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
used to check for updates all the time but have given up now

I thought the summer window would be some sort of deadline for them selling the club but its already pretty much past that point so I can see the Glazers dragging this on for many more months to come

can't believe at the start the media were saying by easter

Giggsyking

I read the bidders have to put a deposit when when bidding in the final round. Is that true?

stw2022

Bidding is expensive. The Glazers aren't going to enhance their reputation amongst their peers if they suddenly announce no sale.

And let's not pretend they don't have a good reputation because we think commerce judge them on fact they bought Obertan with the Ronaldo money or some other myopic footballing issue the business community couldn't give a feck about.

George The Best

Bidding is expensive. The Glazers aren't going to enhance their reputation amongst their peers if they suddenly announce no sale.

And let's not pretend they don't have a good reputation because we think commerce judge them on fact they bought Obertan with the Ronaldo money or some other myopic footballing issue the business community couldn't give a feck about.
They really need to get some bad press in the USA about their shambolic ‘management’ of the club. Won’t happen though as the American press is soft. Only bad press they get is here, UK, but they won’t give a toss about that as they are hardly ever here. Some might not even have a passport.

crossy1686

career ending
Where are the United fans in Tampa?
I keep seeing people say stuff like "Why aren't fans protesting at the stadium!? If I were in England I'd be there!". Great, spoil the megastore staff's quiet Monday morning.

More importantly, why has no one accosted this lot in Tampa yet?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I keep seeing people say stuff like "Why aren't fans protesting at the stadium!? If I were in England I'd be there!". Great, spoil the megastore staff's quiet Monday morning.

More importantly, why has no one accosted this lot in Tampa yet?
They'll probably face public execution if they did by that Nazi-wannabe of a governor they have.

Fanta Stick

Given they've recently approved using nuclear waste in building roads and that's not even the worst thing they've voted in, not sure why my slight exaggeration is so crazy to you.
Considering implementing new innovative highway construction technologies is the road to full blown Nazism.

Hitler immediately started construction of the innovative Autobahn when he took power.

The parallels are obvious when you think about it.

JagUTD

I may be mistaken, however if class B shares represent only say 11% of the ordinary share capital, then that 11% whether held by one or a multitude of Glazers would represent 67% of the voting rights, the aggregate of the remaining class B shares being 11%?
It's fairly simple. B shares have 10 times the voting power of A shares so you only need 10% of the total shares to be B shares so retain control.

However this is more likely a protective measure. From themselves and people like their dad trying to force a takeover. Say they split and some sell without agreement from the others, it allows them to retain control and acts to discourage a buyer going this route.

All of the terms can be changed by a vote subject to negotiation between the parties involved.

Cloud7

Even Nick Speed seems to have given up (Assuming because no one has posted his tweets recently)

JagUTD

Not following you here?

Class B shares represent roughly 68% of total shares. Class A make up the remaining 32%.

In the case of all class B shares equaling 11% of the total shares, you would need 100% of the class B shares to maintain 67% voting rights. It's basically a way to prevent a hostile takeover.
Yeh this is my take. I have no doubt it's something their dad taught them to do as well seeing as he was a ln expert in hostile takeovers so would know the best way to prevent them.

Status
Not open for further replies.