Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevoc

If we’re critiquing how PSG is run - a club that is run by different individuals than those bidding for Utd, it seems very odd to dismiss how Nice is run - a club run directly by the exact same man bidding to takeover Utd, surely? :confused:
Somebody said PSG haven't been mismanaged I disagreed. This opinion had little to do with their owners also potentially owning United.

Nobody is dismissing Nice because nobody was talking about Nice, so it's not odd at all. I personally don't give a feck about Nice or how Jim Ratcliffe has managed them but by all means don't let me stop you and others discussing Nice and Jimbo to your hearts content, if that floats your boat.

a club that is run by different individuals than those bidding for Utd
;)

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Somebody said PSG haven't been mismanaged I disagreed. This opinion had little to do with their owners also potentially owning United.

Nobody is dismissing Nice because nobody was talking about Nice, so it's not odd at all. I personally don't give a feck about Nice or how Jim Ratcliffe has managed them but by all means don't let me stop you and others discussing Nice and Jimbo to your hearts content, if that floats your boat.

;)
That’s great, but you understand the context here and why others are (erroneously) discussing PSG.

If it has nothing to do with the takeover of Utd then it has literally nothing to with this thread and should be in the football forum in a PSG thread.

grahamo

1977.United beat Liverpool in the FA cup final. In Albert square the next day Tommy Docherty says " I told You we would be back next Year" after he made A promise after losing the final to Southampton a year earlier.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
PSG have been a joke on RedCafe and in the wider football community for years. Until Qatar want to buy us, then suddenly PSG are a well run club according to a portion of our supporters. And this is in the same time period where their fans have been protesting against the running of their club. RedCafe logic right there.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Springsteen, Madonna
Way before Nirvana
There was U2 and Blondie
And music still on MTV
Her two kids in high school
They tell her that she's uncool
Cause she's still preoccupied
With 19, 19

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
PSG have been a joke on RedCafe and in the wider football community for years. Until Qatar want to buy us, then suddenly PSG are a well run club according to a portion of our supporters. And this is in the same time period where their fans have been protesting against the running of their club. RedCafe logic right there.
I don’t think anyone seriously thinks Jassim / 92 Foundation are buying Utd anymore really.

There’s very few people in here who have any confidence in that happening at this point.

Not that he has anything to do with PSG anyway other than being a Qatari man.

Besides football fans often mock stuff that deep down they’d like a bit of. Look at the Mount transfer - according to most he was a plodder for England and literally no one was calling for Utd to sign him at the season’s close, then he gets signed and given the 7 shirt and it’s suddenly controversial to think he’s even a so so player, let alone crap.

I think with PSG, for a lot of people it was a case of, ‘I’d rather that than the Glazers!’, and the thought of signing huge, star players again as PSG have done, obviously holds some appeal.

Almost everyone here would rather Utd we’re signing the likes of Mbappe over the likes of Mount, even if they wouldn’t admit it.

Son

I can honestly see Sir Jim been our owner sometime next season. His bid just seems the better one. Higher valuation, keeps the Glazer’s sweet for a couple of years.

We know who he is main thing and we know he has the cash. The Qatari bid I still have zero clue. There is so little information on Jassim and the proof of funds.

A lot of United fans have been quick to jump onto this Qatar bid with basically zero evidence it’s even the correct direction for our club.

I’m coming round to the fact that a self made man from the area owning the club isn’t exactly a bad position.

If the debt is wiped and investment finally given to us we can compete with anyone. INEOS does have the potential to be successful here given their resources.

The Nice argument makes some sense but then at the same time can be argued not every project goes to plan. Qatar relegated Malaga to the third tier for example which is 100x worse.

Son

Totally agree with this. If we’ve been the worst run big club past decade they are probably coming with the silver medal.

Funnily enough they have “unlimited funds” too and don’t exactly build the best squads. They tend to waste their unlimited budget on 3 players and budget the rest of the squad.

Acquire Me

I don’t think anyone seriously thinks Jassim / 92 Foundation are buying Utd anymore really.

There’s very few people in here who have any confidence in that happening at this point.

Not that he has anything to do with PSG anyway other than being a Qatari man.

Besides football fans often mock stuff that deep down they’d like a bit of. Look at the Mount transfer - according to most he was a plodder for England and literally no one was calling for Utd to sign him at the season’s close, then he gets signed and given the 7 shirt and it’s suddenly controversial to think he’s even a so so player, let alone crap.

I think with PSG, for a lot of people it was a case of, ‘I’d rather that than the Glazers!’, and the thought of signing huge, star players again as PSG have done, obviously holds some appeal.

Almost everyone here would rather Utd we’re signing the likes of Mbappe over the likes of Mount, even if they wouldn’t admit it.
I think the sale will go through. It’s never anything fast with mergers and acquisitions.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
It will be funny when Glazers announce its Michael Knighton with his hostile bid that won it.

Pes6Monster

Absolutely.

Quite a few think Qatar's bid equals instant success. Reminding them about PSG (or Malaga) spoils their sauce.

Our supporters fumbling excuses for them, like pretending it's not a state bid, is embarrassing.

stevoc

That’s great, but you understand the context here and why others are (erroneously) discussing PSG.

If it has nothing to do with the takeover of Utd then it has literally nothing to with this thread and should be in the football forum in a PSG thread.
:lol:

Yeah because this is a super suerious thread with only on topic posts.

There have now been more off-topic posts as a result of you and others wanting to talk about Nice. I'm sure there's an appropriate thread for that too, if there isn't you can start one if you are that eager to discuss Jimbo's ownership of Nice.

LordSpud

Absolutely.

Quite a few think Qatar's bid equals instant success. Reminding them about PSG (or Malaga) spoils their sauce.

Our supporters fumbling excuses for them, like pretending it's not a state bid, is embarrassing.
Prior to their takeover PSG hadn't won their league for 18 years. They've won it every year since bar two. That to me is instant success actually. With regards to the CL, City have had an extra 3 years with the super wealth and only just won it themselves.

The thing about the CL whether anyone wants to admit it is that it's now a competition for the super wealthy. It's only Liverpool in recent memory who have won it despite not having loads of money.

stevoc

Some on here now take great offence to any criticism of the Qatari ownership of PSG and jump straight into defend their record with whataboutisms.

I'm sure there's a phrase to describe this phenomona.

stevoc

Prior to their takeover PSG hadn't won their league for 18 years. They've won it every year since bar two. That to me is instant success actually. With regards to the CL, City have had an extra 3 years with the super wealth and only just won it themselves.

The thing about the CL whether anyone wants to admit it is that it's now a competition for the super wealthy. It's only Liverpool in recent memory who have won it despite not having loads of money.
Do you think if Qatar buy United that United's wage bill will be 50% of the rest of the Premier League combined and 5-10 times that of our next nearest rival?

wolvored

If we’re critiquing how PSG is run - a club that is run by different individuals than those bidding for Utd, it seems very odd to dismiss how Nice is run - a club run directly by the exact same man bidding to takeover Utd, surely? :confused:
Exactly. This shale gas under Utd owned by Ratcliffe could also come into play as well.

wolvored

If the debt is wiped and investment finally given to us we can compete with anyone. INEOS does have the potential to be successful here given their resources.

The Nice argument makes some sense but then at the same time can be argued not every project goes to plan. Qatar relegated Malaga to the third tier for example which is 100x worse.
We will be in more debt as that isnt happening he said Ineos will take it on, so its still got to be paid, and hes borrowing more debt to buy us and he hasnt said Ineos will take this new debt on. I think we will still be run like the leeches do now, saddled with debt that the club have to pay.

Plastic Evra

Let's be clear : PSG is not well run but the QSI ownership has had some success. Not very efficient bang for buck wise, especially lately, but still. I think would QSI exit and sell, provided they don't leave the club bankrupt and/or in legal trouble, PSG would be in a stronger position overall than in 2011-2012.

QSI built new training grounds for PSG (to be opened this year) for 200-300m€ reportedly so on that point they might be ahead of United.

United starts from a much stronger position (and is in a league with stiffer competition) than PSG then though. There was a lot of untapped potential and opportunities to fill with Paris. The part where QSI is struggling mightily is the proverbial last mile (winning an UCL, to simplify it), building a cohesive sport project and doing so in a more financially sustainable fashion... And that's exactly where United needs to improve too, in my opinion. Just getting an hypothetical owner throwing silly money around is not gonna help much (In fact up to now spending has never been an issue for MU) in my opinion.

Red 142

Ive said before that I think this will be done after the transfer window closes now. I can imagine a scenario where Ratcliffe or Qatar will want a bedding in period of at least until January without making any rash buys, which come back to haunt them, without any of their own staff up to speed with the club. Having 1 Sept to 31 Dec to bed in their own people, before the next windoe opens.
It could also be because everyone involved expected that if the sale happened just before, or during, the window they knew all selling clubs would instantly hugely inflate their prices for Utd even more.

That notion could be clutching at straws a bit mind.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Fracking. Why would he buy the fracking rights then not use it?
INEOs have stated that they have no intention to use the license, which runs out next year anyhow.

You think they'd but the club just because of fracking?

nazanto

We already have protest in Manchester, while it definitely created some buzz in England, but at the end of the day they still don't care. If we're talking about protest, why not bring it to their turf? I don't know if this something feasible or not, but here me out.

Rent some humongous billboards in some major place approximate closer to Glazers residence or somewhere if Florida that will got attentions. Design that advertisement to have phase like Glazers is parasite, beware or them or something. I'm sure we can come out with some design that have shock value or something that will catch people eyes and to have a second looks to it. Put a website on that ads, so people can read more. It might create some buzz, local news will definitely pick up on it and the very least some local people who knows Glazers family might start talking shit about them about how shitty they are. Their wives, kids probably hate getting shit for no reason but it it what it is. This probably will hit them personally and I think it worth to try honestly.

davidmichael

I wouldn’t class Bayern as super wealthy in the same tier as City and PSG and they’ve won it twice in the last decade and just before that Inter did too, you are right though as the wealthier clubs with the biggest squads are likely to dominate the CL going forward.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Exactly. This shale gas under Utd owned by Ratcliffe could also come into play as well.
How so exactly?
Fracking. Why would he buy the fracking rights then not use it?
INEOs have stated that they have no intention to use the license, which runs out next year anyhow.

You think they'd but the club just because of fracking?
Dont trust anything big business say

This conversation just sums up this thread. One poster trying to come with mental conspiracy theorists, being shot down by facts, but then doubling down with nonsense.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
It's so cool people have deluded themselves into thinking we will have natural gas coming out of the center circle under Ratcliffe

Pes6Monster

This conversation just sums up this thread. One poster trying to come with mental conspiracy theorists, being shot down by facts, but then doubling down with nonsense.
Just a regular conversation with a sports-washing advocate.

Ask a city fan for further proof.

Moriarty

1977: Utd prevented a Liverpool treble, Elvis left the building....
Tommy Doc sacked for having an affair with the wife of a club employee. Dave Sexton appointed. United kicked out of Europe after crowd trouble at St. Etienne (that was a night to remember). Reinstatement follows but the second leg had to be played at Home Park, Plymouth.

Sex Pistols release God Save the Queen as a tribute to ERII's silver jubileee celebrations. Parliament votes to adopt it as the new national anthem (not really).

Status
Not open for further replies.