Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

It's not exactly breaking news that it's Joel and Avram who want to stay

Yorke to Cole

Feels like Avram's been more visible around the club this year than in the previous 17 years combined.
That has been his strategy against his other siblings to show that he is still interested in the club.

I feel that Jassim is probably going to have to increase his efforts yet again. There is a sense that the noise about "discord" may force him to increase his offer. It will be possibly a way of uniting the class b shareholders, but it will add further incentive for the class A shareholders to put pressure on the Glazers to ma,e a decision about selling.

Blood Mage

My take is Joel and Avram think it's too early for a sale and want to cling on for a bit longer to grow the value of the club. There are new tv deals on the horizon plus soon finishing 5th will get you a CL spot.

Tarrou

Says financial sources are bemused they’re not getting involved, which says to be there’s a chance they could?
I agree but the post I quoted said something different

and the tweet is pretty dumb anyway, the NYSE are not going to publicly do anything, obviously

Last edited:

Yorke to Cole

APRIL 21ST 2021

"Manchester United has a rich heritage and we recognise our responsibility to live up to its great traditions and values.

The pandemic has thrown up so many unique challenges and we are proud of the way Manchester United and its fans from Manchester and around the world have reacted to the enormous pressures during this period.

We also realise that we need to better communicate with you, our fans, because you will always be at the heart of the club."

Joel Glazer A.K.A lying c£$t.

lostcauz

I wonder if SJ has shot himself in the foot by saying how he wants to clear the debt, improve the stadium, training facilities and the area around Old Trafford. The two brothers are probably licking their lips at the prospect and the value the club could achieve in future years and could be holding out for a SJ bid that involves them staying as minority shareholders.
While this had been mentioned as a Ineos tactic, there still is some uncertainty around the overall plans they want to carry out. Not just that but the glazer brothers shares are only as valuable as the rest of the shares on the stock exchange. A SJ bid that involves them means only 3 shareholders and they could demand a premium for their shares in a few years time.

Drainy

I wonder if SJ has shot himself in the foot by saying how he wants to clear the debt, improve the stadium, training facilities and the area around Old Trafford. The two brothers are probably licking their lips at the prospect and the value the club could achieve in future years and could be holding out for a SJ bid that involves them staying as minority shareholders.
While this had been mentioned as a Ineos tactic, there still is some uncertainty around the overall plans they want to carry out. Not just that but the glazer brothers shares are only as valuable as the rest of the shares on the stock exchange. A SJ bid that involves them means only 3 shareholders and they could demand a premium for their shares in a few years time.
Probably either their egos won't allow them to lose the best company that they will ever own, or they think they can get more money by holding the club hostage

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
You just never know from the outside. If the various bidders had done their respective due diligence they would know from their eyes what is the best information that want to communicate as part of their pitch package.

So in this case, you could also look at it as a reminder (clearing debt, infra investment required etc) to the Glazers of the task at hand -- and how much financial investment is required to move the club forward? Shows they are realists and not some fantasist of what is required.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Do the Glazers really not get how much they are despised by United fans? If someone hated me one percent as much and offered me a king's ransom to go away...

ForeverRed1

Probably either their egos won't allow them to lose the best company that they will ever own, or they think they can get more money by holding the club hostage
Also how shite they will look if someone comes in, improves the whole club and wins things.

Status
Not open for further replies.