Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Parties have to register their interest with the merchant bank running the sale for the Glazer family. Bids are expected from the United States, the Middle East and Asia but Ratcliffe is the first to publicly confirm his interest. “We have formally put ourselves into the process,” a spokesman for the petrochemicals billionaire confirmed on Tuesday.
At this stage, parties have to sign up to see confidential financial documents and commit to undertaking due diligence before a possible takeover. Formal bids are expected to start next month, with the club potentially changing hands by the end of the season.
Since November, other parties had already made contact with Joe Ravitch, co-founder and partner of Raine, who is leading the process. The confirmation of Ratcliffe’s engagement with Raine may lead other groups to go public.
Ineos have made clear their own sporting intentions, with moves into cycling, rugby union, sailing, Formula One and football. A Ratcliffe bid would spark questions about the future of Nice, also owned by Ineos, though the group is believed to have considered different ownership models. Clubs under one owner would not be allowed to enter the same European competition.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-jim-ratcliffe-enters-takeover-race-mg6rn2dk3

croadyman

Is this good? Is this bad??? Does this guy have enough money for United to compete with the likes of City and Newcastle etc.?
If you read the tweet it suggests to me that Ineos are bidding and they are worth around £53bn, so if you add Ratcliffe's worth to that as well it comes to around the £68bn mark which puts us second richest behind Newcastle

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Is this good or bad? What if Ratcliffe is not the best buyer?

It is 100% good. So far nobody have gone public with their interest to get #GlazerOUT. Ratcliffe will table a bid of billion sterlings to make it happen. If someone else is willing to do the same and go over Ratcliffe, they will get the club.

In any event -- Ratcliffe deserves our 100% unbroken support. If you want to help the club, put in an order at: https://www.ineosgrenadier.com/ineos-grenadier

croadyman

No surprise that bluffer Ratcliffe is the first to go public with his intentions of bidding, he loves his name in the headlines. Let’s wait for the serious players to get involved.
Yeah will be game on when the ME investors come to the table and I am confident they will. They won't want their fellow nations monopolising things with Newcastle,City and likely scousers as well

Coxy

Would be happy with Ratcliffe. If we were debt free and not having our money taken away - we could actually compete.

would prefer this to being ownedby a state

laughtersassassin

I'm not liking this talk of new owner by end of the season.....

What happened to end of quarter 1?

We need our new owners in a month of two before the summer window at the latest

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Is anyone else feeling a bit ‘be careful what you wish for’?

I hate the Glazers, they’re parasites. But at least once they’ve creamed off their dividends they stay out of it. They’re also not slave driving gay bashers. Imagine if we get some Todd Boehly nutcase who wants to play DOF. Or they sack Ten Hag to bring their own man in.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is this good or bad? What if Ratcliffe is not the best buyer?

It is 100% good. So far nobody have gone public with their interest to get #GlazerOUT. Ratcliffe will table a bid of billion sterlings to make it happen. If someone else is willing to do the same and go over Ratcliffe, they will get the club.

In any event -- Ratcliffe deserves our 100% unbroken support. If you want to help the club, put in an order at: https://www.ineosgrenadier.com/ineos-grenadier
Settle down jimmy, we are not that wealthy.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
INEOS with a middle Eastern minority stake?
Some tweet had Hamilton in the Ratcliffe bid, I prefer it to be a consortium in any event. The more the merrier. If Hamilton is in, Beckham would surely get a call. Create that football group.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Settle down jimmy, we are not that wealthy.
HE WILL BID BILLIONS TO GET GLAZERZZZ OUT, HOW MUCH WIL YOU PAY???

(joke) ;)

But on a serious note, we have been owner hostile -- for a pretty effin good reason -- but it is important to show that the fans are also willing to support the owners who will try to do a better job.

Infra-red

I hate the Glazers, they’re parasites. But at least once they’ve creamed off their dividends they stay out of it. They’re also not slave driving gay bashers. Imagine if we get some Todd Boehly nutcase who wants to play DOF. Or they sack Ten Hag to bring their own man in.
That's always the risk. The club cannot move forward under the current ownership structure, though. We need a new or heavily refurbished stadium and training facilities and the Glazers' acquisition debt prevents us borrowing to fund those projects - we need the Glazers gone and the debt cleared so that the club can finally start to modernise its facilities.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
I’m team Jim. A multi-billionaire United fan from Manchester who owns a company with 60bn revenues. Sign me the feck up. I also don’t think he’ll come in and rock the boat which for the first time in 10 years is something we actually don’t need. Let Hag cook.

croadyman

Nah feeling quite confident any of those Boehly type owners will get blown out of the water, does make me feel uneasy seeing the words United States in the running as well though

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would be happy with Ratcliffe. If we were debt free and not having our money taken away - we could actually compete.

would prefer this to being ownedby a state
We can compete, financially, regardless. As much as I can agree that the Glazers are not good owners, I have never understood this rhetoric over the past decade plus that our ownership model prevents us from competing in the transfer market, despite annual evidence to the contrary. Unless what we are after is total financial dominance over every other club in the world, the narrative is just clearly false.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
We can compete, financially, regardless. As much as I can agree that the Glazers are not good owners, I have never understood this rhetoric over the past decade plus that our ownership model prevents us from competing in the transfer market, despite annual evidence to the contrary. Unless what we are after is total financial dominance over every other club in the world, the narrative is just clearly false.
It’s more than just transfers.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We need so much more than just transfers. We need a massive cash injection for the stadium and training ground as well as a much more aggressive transfer strategy when opportunities present themselves. This window for example should see us spending big to help a title charge.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I’m team Jim. A multi-billionaire United fan from Manchester who owns a company with 60bn revenues. Sign me the feck up. I also don’t think he’ll come in and rock the boat which for the first time in 10 years is something we actually don’t need. Let Hag cook.
I can see a businessman coming in and not liking a Thomas Tuchel, but no businessman will not like Erik Ten Hag. It is as likely as a male not liking Samantha Fox or Pamela Andersson.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
probably a stupid question but is he rich enough? will he be able to fund bringing in the number of players we still need - and be able to go on doing so?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I can see a businessman coming in and not liking a Thomas Tuchel, but no businessman will not like Erik Ten Hag. It is as likely as a male not liking Samantha Fox or Pamela Andersson.
So it's extremely likely?

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.

Yeah that’s the worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.