Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It won't happen. You'll never convince enough match going fans to do it.
I agree. Was just answering the question of ‘what is a proper protest’.

Anything other than that simply amuses them - as seen by the cenobite looking one literally laughing at being heckled this Summer.

Utd fans need to understand, the Glazers are not ‘indifferent’ as often gets used, no, it’s worse than that - the reality is that the Glazers actively dislike and resent Utd fans.

They have a toxic, malevolent relationship with the club.

As such, the only ‘proper protest’ is to peacefully disrupt games, repeatedly until they fully leave.

marktan

This is where the ciriticism should go. Terrible club structure means we've been signing dross after dross for the last ten years.

Literally me, a random nobody, could do better than sign half the crap we've signed. A 10 minute video on Antony was enough to see how limited he is. And yet we decided to spunk £80m on him? Mount? It all comes down to the Glazers and charlatans they have working for them.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Also continually targeting sponsors.

Teamviewer didnt enjoy the review bombing.
Yeah, but didn’t stop them then getting a brand new massive sponsor!

Bombarding sponsors is a bit like whinging… it‘s bothersome and a nuisance but it doesn’t really lay a glove on them.

Peacefully disrupting / halting games repeatedly is literally the only way. People just have to accept that.

Yorke to Cole

Manchester United is the most popular club in the world. There are over 250 Manchester United Clubs globally.

We live in the era of information, social media, where just a hashtag can spread like a virus.

And still, only the 1958 group is trying to organize protests and at least doing something against the Glazers? Forgive me if I am missing someone else, but this is unacceptable.

Fans will never stop going to Old Trafford, empty stadiums will not work since the club is so popular. They will never stop buying and giving money to the club. The only solution that I see is a global organized cooperation of all clubs all over the world. The fact that you participate to a club means that you are not just a tourist casual fan, but you follow this team and everything around it and you will surely share the hate for the Glazers.

All clubs should come together and bring more people in and brainstorm. I am not an expert on social media, but it would not hurt to have the Glazersout as a first hashtag every week on Twitter. Next, let's find all the industries and companies that are under Glazers' ownership and spread the word on boycotting and giving bad reviews. The American fans could even "peacefully" protest near the Glazers' neighbourhoods. Something needs to start. We have two pending offers (does not matter which one each person prefers), so now is the time. Imagine if both of them withdrew from the process. When are we going to find a better moment than this? When the club is in a bad state, away from titles, it helps creating a momentum. If, miraculously, we won another big title, the Glazers will never leave and the current tumultuous period will not be presented again as an opportunity.

Excuse me for the above rant, but I am dissapointed. I expected from the fans much more now that we have a golden opportunity.

I have made a similar post a couple of months ago for my team in Greece, Panathinaikos. We were facing severe issues with ownership for the past decases and we still are. But, 15 years ago an opportunity was presented to us as well. A part of the club was sold, following multiple protests and pressure but unfortunately due to various reasons which would require another topic, things did not end well. However, do you know what the fans did? The biggest protest in the history perhaps of sports in Europe. Between 30.000-40.000 fans protested in the middle of Athens against the ownership during the time the club played a game. It was a proud moment since I was there, since at least I tried to do something for the club; irrelevant of how things shaped in the future. This was a time when internet was not that popular, we were even trying to organize protests via SMS messages and leaflets. And we are talking about a team which cannot even imagine the popularity of United.

What are we doing?
I could not agree with you more. I absolutely applaud your accomplishments and you attitude. This is exactly how people should be thinking. The problem is here, is that the fanbase is either divided in it's approach to protesting, I,e, the more fervent the 1958 or the more administrative method of M.U.S.T.
Then there are what I call passive protestors or people that just simply complain on here.

Yes, the mindset should be without compromise is, there are 2 offers on the table in which both have officially stipulated to supporters that Manchester United need a change of direction.

Most prefer Jassim as he wipes the debt out, but yes Ratcliffe has also suggested that this club is in a state of flux. This is an opportunity to make a stand for change.

The Glazers own the club and they are supposed to serve the supporters and it's employees. That means Manchester United competing with regularity at the top as well as providing match day experiences. They are currently doing neither.

Real Madrid would not tolerate this and Manchester United supposedly marking themselves alongside them.

Pes6Monster

IAs such, the only ‘proper protest’ is to peacefully disrupt games, repeatedly until they fully leave.
As long as the supporters have paid their dough (they have), the Glazers will not care and why would they?

The only way they are leaving is their getting the eight to ten billion. They've played this smartly: ramping up the price on Qatar whilst keeping Ineos keen as a stalking horse.

Furthermore, disrupting matches can lead to punitive sentences from John Law. Anybody willing to go to jail, face serious fines and possibly destroy their home life?

Sorry, but no, and especially not for the benefit of Qatar or Ineos.

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
I could not agree with you more. I absolutely applaud your accomplishments and you attitude. This is exactly how people should be thinking. The problem is here, is that the fanbase is either divided in it's approach to protesting, I,e, the more fervent the 1958 or the more administrative method of M.U.S.T.
Then there are what I call passive protestors or people that just simply complain on here.

Yes, the mindset should be without compromise is, there are 2 offers on the table in which both have officially stipulated to supporters that Manchester United need a change of direction.

Most prefer Jassim as he wipes the debt out, but yes Ratcliffe has also suggested that this club is in a state of flux. This is an opportunity to make a stand for change.

The Glazers own the club and they are supposed to serve the supporters and it's employees. That means Manchester United competing with regularity at the top as well as providing match day experiences. They are currently doing neither.

Real Madrid would not tolerate this and Manchester United supposedly marking themselves alongside them.
Thank you my friend. I understand that people would not be convinced to go protest about a football club. It was a difficult thing to organize years ago. Now, when the mentality of our generation is different and everyone prefers only complaining behind a screen it seems like an impossible task. However, ways can be found using the internet, as I mentioned, and you can also use those passive fans, they will just need to do a couple of clicks, give a bad review, something easy. We just need coordination on a global scale and brainstorm about what we can do on a consistent basis until we provoke some reactions. At least, let's try, timing is everything and it is right now, while the offers are pending.

Cantona in disguise

Thank you my friend. I understand that people would not be convinced to go protest about a football club. It was a difficult thing to organize years ago. Now, when the mentality of our generation is different and everyone prefers only complaining behind a screen it seems like an impossible task. However, ways can be found using the internet, as I mentioned, and you can also use those passive fans, they will just need to do a couple of clicks, give a bad review, something easy. We just need coordination on a global scale and brainstorm about what we can do on a consistent basis until we provoke some reactions. At least, let's try, timing is everything and it is right now, while the offers are pending.
Do we have a thread for ideas? (Sorry if we do)

I know not everyone is into it or thinks it will make a blind bit of difference but a forum is a great place to coordinate if someone has a good idea.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Not straight away of course. This club needs a new structure. They are so far behind the times. Until that happens nothing will change. This lot out and a decent owner with a plan and united will be back in the next 5 years.
What new structure? What needs to be change specifically?

PoTMS

I'd rather see the fans disrupt and sit on the pitch leading to postponement of games and points docked/relegation than continue under this ownership. That would also absolve us from watching us get hammered under Ten Hag.

McTerminator

A change would be nice but I'm not sure it will have the dramatic effect some people hope for.
The club that just dispatched us literally only have one component that we cannot compete with and it’s the owners.

Another club that regularly beats us that shouldn’t (Brentford) is the same.

The dominant force in England and world football right now has owners that only care about success on the pitch (we won’t go into the ethics)

Leicester were propelled to the league under their best ever owner and collapsed not long after he passed.

Real Madrid, Bayern, Dortmund. The owners all know what their club is, what they want it to be and how to do it.

Every single club mentioned churn out player after player and manager after manager that is ‘top class’ yet they always fail at clubs like United. One way or another (I admit I don’t even want to try to quantify the “how”) it all stems from the owners.

It’s not rocket science.

hobbers

Yeah, but didn’t stop them then getting a brand new massive sponsor!

Bombarding sponsors is a bit like whinging… it‘s bothersome and a nuisance but it doesn’t really lay a glove on them.

Peacefully disrupting / halting games repeatedly is literally the only way. People just have to accept that.
Definitely, the only properly effective way. Since there's too many simple folk who will fill the stadium regardless of how much anyone tries to instigate protest boycotts. Same story with season tickets and merchandise.

van Nistelrooy

I'd rather see the fans disrupt and sit on the pitch leading to postponement of games and points docked/relegation than continue under this ownership. That would also absolve us from watching us get hammered under Ten Hag.
I'd rather see this too.

A number of clubs in the football league would throw items on the pitch on mass to force disruption. I seem to recall a Charlton match where they threw plastic pigs on the pitch. Could be pretty impactful if this was done a couple of times each match.

Fluctuation0161

This is where the ciriticism should go. Terrible club structure means we've been signing dross after dross for the last ten years.

Literally me, a random nobody, could do better than sign half the crap we've signed. A 10 minute video on Antony was enough to see how limited he is. And yet we decided to spunk £80m on him? Mount? It all comes down to the Glazers and charlatans they have working for them.
The Glazers don't know how to run a football club. So the scouting department, like the stadium and the training ground, are ruined.

Fluctuation0161

Yes!! We need direct action.

The Glazers will only listen if games get postponed or commercial revenue is threatened.

sglowrider

Yes!! We need direct action.

The Glazers will only listen if games get postponed or commercial revenue is threatened.
That's not direct action. A match postponement will only choke up the match schedule later in the season and commercial actions for something that has already been signed & paid?

Direct action would be something that affects the Glazers directly e.g. something in Tampa or at least in the States.

House Mkhitaryan

Man, you British people are so very polite. Is there anywhere else on the planet where matchday fans would not be making absolute scenes during matchday if their club we're being decimated by ownership like this?

croadyman

Hope some proper protests will start soon
Too busy fighting with each other about how they should protest, sadly that's exactly what these leeches want to see. They know full well we haven't got the matchgoing fans willing to cause utter chaos, tourists will just take their tickets if they don't attend. Feel sick for thinking it but maybe a series of losses can be a long term win. Then again how far do we have to fall for those leeches to ever feel embarrassed by us.

RedDevilQuebecois

Man, you British people are so very polite. Is there anywhere else on the planet where matchday fans would not be making absolute scenes during matchday if their club we're being decimated by ownership like this?
Gotta blame Margaret Thatcher and her government for implementing the first set of measures that ended up crushing ultra culture in the UK while the same ultra culture found a way to survive in mainland Europe and inspire some groups in North America.

I think the Glazers can only take something personally if they feel under attack on American soil, be it in person or in their pockets. However, Florida is arguably the most apathetic place in the US while I'm very confident that it would be a very different story if the Glazers did their shit with a Bostonian or a Philadelphian sports club.

Son

I refuse to go to a match again while the Glazers are here or even buy a shirt currently.

Complete waste of my cash considering they don’t even communicate with us. Some people will call me a fake fan I’m sure but I’m not comfortable with our club right now.

It’s just not what made me fall in love with United in the 90’s. I‘ve barely recognised it for a decade now.

philippexyz

This club has to fall in order to potentially, someday rise again and get rid of that family of goblins(Glazers). The real question is - how far it has to fall and how long it will take. Midtable irrelevancy, relegation battle, bankruptcy(administration)? At what point will Glazers finally give up and sell this depreciating asset? Can the club at that point recover to be even remotely what it has been before the Glazer Apocalypse era(2005 - ?).

Just give up on being emotionally invested in Manchester United while the Glazers are still owning it. It's really bad for mental health, do something better/healthier for yourselves. You(all of us) don't deserve this shit. Ten Hag(and this potentially disastrous season) could be the last "sacrificial lamb" to finally get parasites out of the club and cure the tumor that is spreading/developing since 2005, but even that doesn't seem likely at this stage. We'll have to fall further than that. Glazers are, indeed, "very patient" people, according to reports(especially Joel).

Everything has it's end, unfortunately. Mighty Roman Empire collapsed, British Empire collapsed(decolonization), dinosaur's reign over the planet Earth ended, our Sun will die eventually in about 5 billion years(run out of fuel). All stars will eventually die and turn into black holes which will swallow everything. And even then, black holes will very slowly evaporate due to Hawking Radiation in almost infinite(unfathomable amount of time). And then, finally, universe(time itself) will die when there's nothing left but eternal void(heat death of the universe).

Maybe it's slowly now time for Manchester United to die, sadly. There's nothing we can do. Nothing lasts forever. It was fun while it lasted. Don't be too sad. Decay(death) is intrinsic part of nature. Cheers.

sglowrider

This club has to fall in order to potentially, someday rise again and get rid of that family of goblins(Glazers). The real question is - how far it has to fall and how long it will take. Midtable irrelevancy, relegation battle, bankruptcy(administration)? At what point will Glazers finally give up and sell this depreciating asset? Can the club at that point recover to be even remotely what it has been before the Glazer Apocalypse era(2005 - ?).

Just give up on being emotionally invested in Manchester United while the Glazers are still owning it. It's really bad for mental health, do something better/healthier for yourselves. You(all of us) don't deserve this shit. Ten Hag(and this potentially disastrous season) could be the last "sacrificial lamb" to finally get parasites out of the club and cure the tumor that is spreading/developing since 2005, but even that doesn't seem likely at this stage. We'll have to fall further than that. Glazers are, indeed, "very patient" people, according to reports(especially Joel).

Everything has it's end, unfortunately. Mighty Roman Empire collapsed, British Empire collapsed(decolonization), dinosaur's reign over the planet Earth ended, our Sun will die eventually in about 5 billion years(run out of fuel). All stars will eventually die and turn into black holes which will swallow everything. And even then, black holes will very slowly evaporate due to Hawking Radiation in almost infinite(unfathomable amount of time). And then, finally, universe(time itself) will die when there's nothing left but eternal void(heat death of the universe).

Maybe it's slowly now time for Manchester United to die, sadly. There's nothing we can do. Nothing lasts forever. It was fun while it lasted. Don't be too sad. Decay(death) is an intrinsic part of nature. Cheers.
And so you joined a United fan forum a few months back so it helps you let it all go?

LARulz

They will have to sell ASAP cos we look like we will struggle for top 6, let alone 4. Their valuations were based on us at least being competitive but that's not happening currently

greenoffpearson

That's not direct action. A match postponement will only choke up the match schedule later in the season and commercial actions for something that has already been signed & paid?

Direct action would be something that affects the Glazers directly e.g. something in Tampa or at least in the States.
Prospects of postponing a game are remote, except for a riot.

Prospects of a riot are low and why expect others to do jail time or to lose their season tickets etc.

However delaying a game is possible. It wrecks TV schedules etc. All games, depending where you are in the world, are live TV games.

Champions League games in particular would get a quick rebuke from UEFA.

How to delay?

Stop/stall road traffic around Old Trafford/Salford an hour or so before kickoff. This will cause chaos. A slow peaceful walk towards Old Trafford would do it. The police won't want to arrest hundreds of peaceful slow walkers and would not have the resources to do it.

Last edited:

clarkydaz

They will have to sell ASAP cos we look like we will struggle for top 6, let alone 4. Their valuations were based on us at least being competitive but that's not happening currently
I think their evaluations are based off sponsorships and TV deals. We've just bagged 2 impressive deals while the club is unraveling. Trophies ain't that important unfortunately

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
The sooner this feckers feck off the better.
They've absolutely ruined this club. They've had zero interest throughout, just happily picking up their dividends and leaving other people to run the day to day.
We've spent plenty of money, even though they've taken theirs out. You could easily forget about that if they actually took some interest in us and put people in charge to make the correct decisions, footballing men. Yet we were left with Ed Woodward for years, and now isn't much better.

They used none of their money to buy us.
Taken money out of the club from day one.
Finally decided to sell us.
Have had others, way above market value.
Yet the cheeky bastards still refuse to sell at that price.

Absolute parasites who have zero interest in us as a club, just a money printing machine.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
We're back to talk of disrupting games again.

The Liverpool game was a one off. GMP were made a fool of that day and they won't let that happen again.

Ultimately, the biggest issue is the lack of coherent message from the current movement. A lot of clued up reds from previous years won't get anywhere near this whilst the wider message appears to be one of support for Qatar as the next step.

Steve 007

I think anyone who doesn’t realise how far behind we are needs to watch the video on the Real Madrid stadium and pitch re-development. We’ve overpaid for a rubbish squad, stuck the rest of the money into dividends and debt payments. Sad times.

johnnyteutonic

The club that just dispatched us literally only have one component that we cannot compete with and it’s the owners.

Another club that regularly beats us that shouldn’t (Brentford) is the same.

The dominant force in England and world football right now has owners that only care about success on the pitch (we won’t go into the ethics)

Leicester were propelled to the league under their best ever owner and collapsed not long after he passed.

Real Madrid, Bayern, Dortmund. The owners all know what their club is, what they want it to be and how to do it.

Every single club mentioned churn out player after player and manager after manager that is ‘top class’ yet they always fail at clubs like United. One way or another (I admit I don’t even want to try to quantify the “how”) it all stems from the owners.

It’s not rocket science.
I agree with your overall sentiment but Brentford has only ever beaten us *once*. We've played them only four times in Premier League history and won three of those matches.

Pes6Monster

We're back to talk of disrupting games again.

The Liverpool game was a one off. GMP were made a fool of that day and they won't let that happen again.

Ultimately, the biggest issue is the lack of coherent message from the current movement. A lot of clued up reds from previous years won't get anywhere near this whilst the wider message appears to be one of support for Qatar as the next step.
Yep.

Sad, but true.

Chumpsbechumps

I think anyone who doesn’t realise how far behind we are needs to watch the video on the Real Madrid stadium and pitch re-development. We’ve overpaid for a rubbish squad, stuck the rest of the money into dividends and debt payments. Sad times.
Ah that can’t be true, if United just change managers it will all click into gear.

I wonder how many managers United will have to go through before some people realise that it’s not been our major problem

johnnyteutonic

I agree. Was just answering the question of ‘what is a proper protest’.

Anything other than that simply amuses them - as seen by the cenobite looking one literally laughing at being heckled this Summer.

Utd fans need to understand, the Glazers are not ‘indifferent’ as often gets used, no, it’s worse than that - the reality is that the Glazers actively dislike and resent Utd fans.

They have a toxic, malevolent relationship with the club.

As such, the only ‘proper protest’ is to peacefully disrupt games, repeatedly until they fully leave.
Exactly.
And we all hate them too.
It's as if people have forgotten what their initial exposure was like to our fanbase.
I remember back in 2005 what happened when they arrived at Old Trafford for the first time for a private tour.
Word got out that they were present there and then hundreds of people turned up to protest, yelling things like 'die Glazer die!'.
GMP had to be called in and they had to leave Old Trafford through tactical vans but the crowds blocked them from leaving and fans hurled rocks at their vehicles.
That was their initial impression of us.
If that happened to you, wouldn't you be affected by that?
They probably have a siege mentality.
I hate them more than anything but I can't help but think that their perspective was largely informed by this initial exposure to the fanbase (and of course subsequent events).

Fluctuation0161

Anything that impacts them commercially or reputationally is direct action. Match postponements will impact future negotiations for TV rights and sponsorships. Regardless of fixture congestion. That scale of impact would also be covered in the USA media, which again puts pressure on.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/direct-action

In short, causing match delays is direct action and needs to be part of a wider campaign with other actions.

Acquire Me

Ah that can’t be true, if United just change managers it will all click into gear.

I wonder how many managers United will have to go through before some people realise that it’s not been our major problem
People will jump to the same conclusions time after time. It’s the way of life.

Chumpsbechumps

People will jump to the same conclusions time after time. It’s the way of life.
There is a simple question I have for people targeting the manager or saying stupid sh*t like ”the glazers don’t pick the team or chose the tactics”.

United is a super club, on par with Bayern, Barca and Madrid. Yes there are clubs like city (who don’t actually need to overspend anymore) who can spend a lot but United can still spend more then all but one handful of clubs in the world.

Why , in 10 years, have United struggled so badly to even make regular champions league while a bad season for other super clubs is probably just finishing 2nd/3rd and going out in QF of CL?

Being in the EPL does not explain it, United is bigger and financially stronger than all but one club. We have also spent as much or more than any club in the league. So the strength of the EPL does not explain the poor return for our super club.

Last edited:

Acquire Me

There is a simple question I have for people targeting the manager or saying stupid sh*t like ”the glazers don’t pick the team or chose the tactics”.

United is a super club, on par with Bayern, Barca and Madrid. Yes there are clubs like city (who don’t actually need to overspend anymore) who can spend a lot but United can still spend more then all but one handful of clubs in the world.

Why , in 10 years, have United struggled so badly to even make regular champions league while a bad season for other super clubs is probably just finishing 2nd/3rd and going out in QF of CL?

Being in the EPL does not explain it, United is bigger and financially stronger than all but one club. We have also spent as much or more than any club in the league. So the strength of the EPL does not explain the poor return for our super club.
The problem is that people tend to take shortcuts. We do that all of us. The shortcut in this scenario would be manager and players.

I am certain Erik will get going this season, but the problem will not be resolved. Or at least the main problem. For us to be really good we need a different setup from top to bottom.

You can have the best manger and players, but it will not be enough if the club is run primarily as an commercial business.

Brighton must be a prime example of a successful club where the strategy is crystal clear from top to bottom. Everyone working together for the same goal makes the difference. The commercial side of the business will thrive as well.

Our commercial side of business will not take damage from the footballing side of business not doing well. Ed Woodward said so public the idiotic man. But sadly his not wrong.

In the end our club need a new direction from top to bottom and it starts with new owners.

If the car breaks down time after time and the solution for you is quick fix solutions, you know that it’s just a matter of time before it breaks down again.

Jacob

We will become a management case study in a few years at universities.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We will become a management case study in a few years at universities.
Honestly, it feels like I'm watching the football equivalent of Blockbuster versus Netflix play out in front of my eyes when you compare us to City.

It's disgusting but is the obvious consequence of allowing American leeches to own the club the way they have over the past 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.