Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pes6Monster

lRegarding moral qualms, United's already been open to billionaires money for decades and 99% of it is either blood money or have been touched by blood money in the past, so IMO that ship has pretty much sailed. Plus, from my understanding football has been used as a social/political tool from its origins, with the process accelerating between the late 70s and early 00s particularly in Europe and in the UK. Professional football's current state (with consortiums, state clubs, sportswashing, oil/blood/illegal money pretty much everywhere) is at its core a consequence of that. So in the end where to draw the line in the sand depends on every single fan/supporter, knowing there's a chance it has to be redrawn anyway because every one of us likely love the sport more than the hate/repulsion we feel for the cnuts who have been ruining it for ages. It's a sad state of affairs but it's the hand we're dealing with.
A quality post and read.

In claiming 'the ship has sailed' using a historical premise, one cannot pursue morals (or by extension ethics) in any context as history, being so vast, means you will be able to apply anything to anything.

You also deploy United's history as proof, but the moral quandaries sportswashing provokes are not exclusive to sports. The human rights aspect of Qatari investment far outweighs the concerns and history of one football club.

However, I do agree with your closing line regarding 'love' for the club and how it helps to hold one's nose, as we have with the truly awful Glazer administration.

Real Name

Qatar is not going to tolerate Man Utd going to places like Anfield and Etihad and getting smashed by six and seven goals. Someone will have to pay the price and it will be Ten Hag. Just because a lot of fans have become brainwashed by the scum Glazer Family to think this is normal and should be accepted, doesn’t mean Qatar will.

Also Ten Hag seems very arrogant, he wanted control of transfers at all costs, Qatar will appoint a Sporting Director like they do at PSG. Will Ten Hag give up control or will he try and cause problems ? Ten Hag is not the one paying close to Six Billion, Qatar is, it will be their Asset and they will decide what to do not Erik.

Any new ownership always hires their own manager. I really don’t see Ten Hag lasting long and he is not at the level of Klopp or Guardiola, I think De Zerbi or Nagelsmann will be in by Summer 2024.
What a load of assumptions if I ever saw one.

Also, didnt know state of Qatar is interested in buying us.

And what does their own manager even mean? De Zerbi or Nagelsmann (new Germany coach) are Qatar's managers?

Woziak

Getting rid of Ten Hag would be a mistake I in my opinion. Yes, he may have made some mistakes with substitutions in games and perhaps some fitness preparation. I do not think he should have been so open about the Sancho situation.

But he has done a lot of good work. He needs put in the situation where he is just concentrates on coaching, preparations and fitness. Also, leasing with transfers. But not having to deal with crisis after crisis.

He was given a lot of promises during the last 3 months and the board have not delivered. He has cleared out a lot of the squad. I think Maguire might leave in the winter because Ten Hag is not budging.

Zidane is not the answer.
I would suggest 85% of united fans agree with you however any huge losses like last year to our main rivals would see ETH dismissed especially with SJ if he was successful.

United fans are easily swayed and that 85% can change in a heartbeat?

Spoony

The People's President
I reckon he was trying to refute the claims made in the Mail suggesting that the review is over and the Glazers will consider putting the team up for sale in a couple of years.
Seems to be more noise lately. I wonder how much of that is down to our off field issues and poor start.

Member 127762

Seems to be more noise lately. I wonder how much of that is down to our off field issues and poor start.
Zero percent influence on the actual sale, if there is one, but it'll inform the venal shareholders money might somehow get effected and they suddenly care about United.

Man, I hate corporate speak. 'Strategic Review' could mean a sale hit not necessarily so they'll stick with that until Qatar cough up more dough or Ineos realise they aren't in charge of the negotiation.

Smart cookies though in their own slimy way. In some sense it's fun watching an incompetent buffoon like Arnold run rings around the 'concerned' shareholders using the same disingenuous language they likely use all the time.

Also, didnt know state of Qatar is interested in buying us.
Here man, are you being serious? Like seriously serious? Good laugh otherwise but dear me if you are not.

putzmcgee123

Yeah, same old from the media. When they smell blood in the water at United, the news cycle flips into overdrive. This review is looming over the entire club like a dark cloud at this point, and it does not seem like things will get better until this is resolved.

Woziak

The very fact that Arnold has said anything means something is probably coming to a conclusion, one way or another.

Assume the Glazers stay and try and see it out 2 more years, that means more debt however it’s highly unlikely there will be too many banks queuing up to lend another
£1 billion, if a VC lends them the money they will want their own man in Arnold’s position which means he’s being sacked.

If the Glazers stay and performances on and off the pitch continue to decline he gets sacked. If INEOS or SJ take control he gets sacked, so to me he’s dialling it in, knowing that he’s a dead man walking but probably has a lucrative enough contract that when they sack him, he’ll have £1-2 million pounds per year paid off in gardening leave. All of which points to Richard Arnold continuing to be the Glazers puppet !

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The very fact that Arnold has said anything means something is probably coming to a conclusion, one way or another.

Assume the Glazers stay and try and see it out 2 more years, that means more debt however it’s highly unlikely there will be too many banks queuing up to lend another
£1 billion, if a VC lends them the money they will want their own man in Arnold’s position which means he’s being sacked.

If the Glazers stay and performances on and off the pitch continue to decline he gets sacked. If INEOS or SJ take control he gets sacked, so to me he’s dialling it in, knowing that he’s a dead man walking but probably has a lucrative enough contract that when they sack him, he’ll have £1-2 million pounds per year paid off in gardening leave. All of which points to Richard Arnold continuing to be the Glazers puppet !
Arnold was only talking because he opened an unrelated forum to appease unhappy staff on other issues.

Had he said anything else he would have impacted the shares.

Leg-End

If I was buying a football club, I definitely wouldn't follow their results.

putzmcgee123

Keegan has jumped the shark

Keegan has not really had anything fresh for a long while now. He had an "in" with the Qatari bid in the very early stages in breaking the news of their interest in bidding and giving the public an idea of 92F's vision for the club and who Jassim is. Later, he had the exclusive on their "final, final bid." Beyond that, I seriously doubt he knows any more than the other football journalists about the progress of these negotiations (which means he knows nothing, like the rest).

Roboc7

I can’t see either of the bidders increasing their bids by much or even at all. The level of investment the club needs going forward, the debt and the inflated price they have already offered is more than enough.

Just remains to be seen if the Glazers are just trying every last avenue to squeeze whatever else they can and if so how much longer can they drag that out. Or are they genuinely expecting to be offered another 1-2 billion or more, if so theres no chance of a sale happening anytime in the near future.

Yorke to Cole

I can’t see either of the bidders increasing their bids by much or even at all. The level of investment the club needs going forward, the debt and the inflated price they have already offered is more than enough.

Just remains to be seen if the Glazers are just trying every last avenue to squeeze whatever else they can and if so how much longer can they drag that out. Or are they genuinely expecting to be offered another 1-2 billion or more, if so theres no chance of a sale happening anytime in the near future.
That iscwhat Matt Lawton has posted. Isn't from the INEOS side of reporting?

Woziak

Arnold was only talking because he opened an unrelated forum to appease unhappy staff on other issues.

Had he said anything else he would have impacted the shares.
So he’s acting as The Glazers Puppet ?
No surprise there !

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So he’s acting as The Glazers Puppet ?
No surprise there !
Well no, he’s acting as a responsible CEO of an NYSE listed company.

Did you expect him to give low level staff insider information?

Appletonred

The Glazers to all intents and purposes are holding the club hostage demanding a ransom, they clearly have no interest in the fact that the Sheikh wants to invest in all facets of the club, including wiping out all the debt, they are only interested in lining their own pockets at the expense and detriment of the club, there's zero respect towards the history and name of Manchester United, and it is sickening.

Greck

The Glazers to all intents and purposes are holding the club hostage demanding a ransom, they clearly have no interest in the fact that the Sheikh wants to invest in all facets of the club, including wiping out all the debt, they are only interested in lining their own pockets at the expense and detriment of the club, there's zero respect towards the history and name of Manchester United, and it is sickening.
Yup, they are also deluded thinking we're going to rise in value and don't want to undersell. Like the dross they hired to run the club can pull that off. Only upside of our recent issues.

FujiVice

The penny seems to have dropped with everyone now. I dont think anyone with a brain looks at United over the last 6 months and thinks the ownership isnt at fault. No positive long term change will be made unless they go. And I'm hoping its soon.

Someone

Something
I bet the Glazers thought this season will be successful and that it could impact the value of the club positively.

They have to sell. The club can't take on more debt for the Stadium, and they can't even turn things around on the pitch. The more they continue, the worse it'll get.

Rolaholic

Silly cnuts missed out on their best chance to cash in this passed summer

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.