Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He wasn't referring to the money which would be purchasing the 25%

He was saying INEOS want the option to be able to invest money into the club for various things.
Ratcliffe isn't giving 25% to go into the Glazer pockets either.

Woziak

He wasn't referring to the money which would be purchasing the 25%

He was saying INEOS want the option to be able to invest money into the club for various things.
Listened to his drivel twice now and he’s made one huge mistake, he says this type of deal only takes 2-3 weeks and that Jimmy Ratcliffe would have to still pass a fit and proper Directors Test?

Wrong he’s not the owner he’s buying a minority stake with a view to potentially becoming the owner, he would only have to take that test when he acquires 51%. Call me a cynic but I just don’t see how this works, I’m even more convinced this is a tactic from the Raine group and the Goblins to smoke out Qatar for them to bid the initial £6 billion the glazers want to sell their shares.

What might happen now is SJ/92 foundation this time just sit it out and nothing further happens for 2/3 weeks then we hear in British media that iNEOS 25% offer has now been accepted and a completion date is given, thus forcing Qatar to walk away quite possibly or make a final take it or leave it bid of £6 billion.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Minorty investment comes with clauses of where the said investment is to be allocated. It doesn't just go in the Glazers pockets.
They are giving the glazers money for equity, sometimes yeah the buyer contractually will stipulate where the money goes but not always.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They are giving the glazers money for equity, sometimes yeah the buyer contractually will stipulate where the money goes but not always.
Its more likely there are clauses of where this money is going. Moreover INEOS will have a certain degree of board presence as a result of holding 25%. It won't be controlling but it will be influential.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Its more likely there are clauses of where this money is going. Moreover INEOS will have a certain degree of board presence as a result of holding 25%. It won't be controlling but it will be influential.
It's possible yeah, I didn't say it wouldn't be the case mate.

AFC NimbleThumb

Had you polled this forum a day after the Glazer statement & said how would everyone feel about someone buying a minority stake in the club which funds the Glazers mis-spending further & leaves them still in control of the club I reckon the ‘nays’ would have been pretty close to 100%.

Whilst I understand people not wanting Qatar, for many reasons, those painting this potential move as any form of win are being disingenuous.

Again, had you polled this forum & asked if they’d be okay with what is rumoured when this all kicked off it would be a resounding ‘no’.

This deal, if true, is unacceptable.

ArjenIsM3

Had you polled this forum a day after the Glazer statement & said how would everyone feel about someone buying a minority stake in the club which funds the Glazers mis-spending further & leaves them still in control of the club I reckon the ‘nays’ would have been pretty close to 100%.

Whilst I understand people not wanting Qatar, for many reasons, those painting this potential move as any form of win are being disingenuous.

Again, had you polled this forum & asked if they’d be okay with what is rumoured when this all kicked off it would be a resounding ‘no’.

This deal, if true, is unacceptable.
Fully agree. We need a full change of ownership. The Glazers must go.

croadyman

**__Daily Muppet 13/10/23__**

*INEOS Offer*
- New discussions over the last few weeks.
- Orny & Bloomberg both stated that INEOS are in the lead over the last few days.
- INEOS want 100% of the club. (Not _just_ the Glazers shares).
- The aim was to buy out Glazers and then in the long term get those other shares.
- INEOS feel they have had a broad agreement with the Glazers for around 5 months & that it's higher than the Qatari valuation.
- However, they have had to get creative with the structure of that bid.
- There has been in person discussions over the last week.
- INEOS feel they have a viable offer on the table for the club that is acceptable for the Glazers & meets their valuation.
- It is an initial 25% offer, however, it does include route to, not just majority control, but 100% control.
- There are multiple options of how INEOS gets to that 100%.
- But this offer would be done with stipulated options in place to ensure INEOS will complete a complete 100% takeover.
- There will also be stipulations over control of certain aspects of the club. eg: Money put into the club to cover _whatever_ will indeed cover what that money has been put into.
- Simply an alternative route to 100% ownership.
- INEOS do not want a share of the club that they can then flip.

*What next?*
- INEOS will present this formally.
- We are getting to the point where the board could vote on this offer.

*Timeline?*
- Won't take that long. Potentially a few weeks or a month.
- Unsure if this would be public.
- If this isn't accepted, James believes we will just enter a dead end.

*Locker Room*
- Some players do believe there is favouritism within the squad.
- Most players, however, have remained professional.
- There are players who have raised their concern, but it's nothing unusual within a Football Club.

*Targets*
- Inácio.
- Looking at both LCB & RCB & a Case replacement.
- Looking at wingers as well after offloading Sancho.
- Won't spend big in Jan.
Least they are positive targets but the bottom line fills me with dread,also the complete lack of clarity on the debt is unacceptable. Nothing he says whatsoever makes me believe he will get the leeches out in the next few years.

croadyman

If there is going to be a board meeting about INEOS latest offer, then how long does the 92 Foundation to perhaps make an increased offer?

Time must be running out.
I think it's already run out and this minority investment nightmare becomes a reality

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Least they are positive targets but the bottom line fills me with dread,also the complete lack of clarity on the debt is unacceptable. Nothing he says whatsoever makes me believe he will get the leeches out in the next few years.
I am sure there is a clause in Ratcliffe's deal where there are conditions where he will undertake to purchase the remaining shares (75% or controlling stake) at a certain price and/or under certain conditions too.

What if the club starts to spiral down badly both on the football pitch and financially? Would he then take up the option of purchasing the controlling stake or the rest of the 75%? If not, then what?

Last edited:

Spoony

The People's President
I don't understand why Ratcliffe would complete a staggered purchase over the course of the next few years instead getting the whole lot now. Why?

Bosws87

Getting closer and closer to hanging up my boots, huge shame something out of our control can lead to losing complete interest in a sport I’ve followed and travelled to week in and week out, disgraceful really.

Mylock

Getting closer and closer to hanging up my boots, huge shame something out of our control can lead to losing complete interest in a sport I’ve followed and travelled to week in and week out, disgraceful really.
I've been obsessed with United for almost 50 years and I've traveled all over the world supporting them but its feels almost like the magic has gone from the club. It's not the not winning, it's the glazers sucking the life of the club, Radcliffe would be just the same. The fans despise the glazers and rightly so. The quataris buying the club is the only deal that works for me as their intentions seem that they want to make it return to former glories, unlike the glazers. If Radcliffe goes into business with the glazers the fans will tar him with the same brush and it will never work. If Radcliffe buys 25% the money will go into the glazers and investors pockets as it's their shares he will be buying, wake up people and smell the coffee. As Radcliffe is looking to only buy 25 % and partner up with the glazers then there is only one deal that will work for the fans, Qatar buying the club.

Mylock

Rubbish, if you buy 25 % from the glazers and the investors they can do what they want with their money. So much crap talk being spoken by people on the sale.

Tarrou

I don't understand why Ratcliffe would complete a staggered purchase over the course of the next few years instead getting the whole lot now. Why?
liquidity, would by my guess

especially as the cost to borrow is so high at the moment

MDFC Manager

Rubbish, if you buy 25 % from the glazers and the investors they can do what they want with their money. So much crap talk being spoken by people on the sale.
Actually he's right that the investor can stipulate what amount of their investment must go into the business. Knowing the glazers, they wont agree to that stipulation though. If they had to raise money that way, the easier option will be to sell some of their meaningless class A shares, or create new ones.

SmallCaine

Actually he's right that the investor can stipulate what amount of their investment must go into the business. Knowing the glazers, they wont agree to that stipulation though. If they had to raise money that way, the easier option will be to sell some of their meaningless class A shares, or create new ones.
No they can't, this isn't a public offering, utd aren't selling shares, glazers are.

Mylock

You can stipulate all you like but you as the seller don't have to agree to that agreement, we are both saying the same thing. The glazers have no interest in reinvesting their own money in the club, never were and won't start now.

greenoffpearson

All parties would probably prefer to not to have to wait another 3 months for the next game changing offer.

Accordingly they have to polish the most recent offer, in the best way possible, with talk of a board meeting to consider it etc.

So the leaks have been coming out about how this offer satisfies the money grabbers and pacifies those denied.

However the one they are trying to encourage has not stirred, why not?

Either
1. He is serious about his current offer being his last.

2 He sees no need to increase his offer based on everything his team knows. Given that all parties are being advised by the best available you would assume he also knows what he is doing having, now, fully digested the rules of the game.

PS
Last time Bloomberg were leaked a story Sir Jim had to go to the drawing board and do the right thing.

Now we have another leak, where are these leaks coming from?

Last edited:

cyberman

Really? The rest of the shareholders add up to 31 percent owners to Glazers 69
And it seems they don’t matter a feck to the thought process of Man Utd.
Glazers will not care.
Edit I just looked at the board directors, can’t see how anyone has ever affected a Glazer decision

MDFC Manager

No they can't, this isn't a public offering, utd aren't selling shares, glazers are.
Correct, I'm not saying otherwise. What i mean is, if they wanted to raise money for the club, they could do it in several ways without impacting their ownership status.

Appletonred

If Ratcliffe is successful in joining the gravy train with the Glazers then the fans really should just boycott the club in their 1000s, let's be honest, the club died years ago, it's now just a relic, sad but true.

hp88

Has anyone ever spotted Jim at a game ? Not expecting him to slum it in the stands with us but I would have thought he would have a box or something as he's supposed to a be United supporter.

Castia

If Ratcliffe is successful in joining the gravy train with the Glazers then the fans really should just boycott the club in their 1000s, let's be honest, the club died years ago, it's now just a relic, sad but true.
If he gets in the club is done. Sounds hyperbolic but it’s true all we’re left with is the Glazers getting more spending money whilst the club remains hundreds of millions in debt and shit facilities.

In all honesty even if Jim got 100% tomorrow his history at running football clubs is laughable he can’t compete in a 1 team league in France ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.