Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_jeffstar

If this goes through, and Mr Ratcliffe is minority owner with the Glazers sticking around.. I think I’m finally done with the club, it’s not Manchester United, and if we’re honest it hasn’t been for a very long time.. our club died when those parasites forced us into debt and dragged us into a position where we couldn’t possibly compete.. this is the Glazer athletic club, and they don’t deserve anyone’s support

Cantona in disguise

Jimmy's about to win, while Jassim and his daddy can stay in the room and read it all they want.
I've said a few times I'm not for or against either I just want the Glazers gone but if this deal (minority investment) goes through looks like a hollow win to me.

That deal looks like the worst possible scenario to me. I hope I am proved wrong though.

gaffs

Ok very simply this is no longer a M&A deal so there is no premium payment required needed to take control or pay the Glazers to F…Off as they are now staying, this is purely a minority investment, the worst kind that means that the Glazers stay in charge, it’s no different to what they did previously when they sold shares to raise cash!

The Glazers continue to run the club exactly how they see fit without any involvement from Ratcliffe or INEOS
Nothing has changed mate. There is no new information available today than there was 3 weeks ago when the news of the Ineos "25% stake" first broke.

We have no idea how a potential Ineos bid may look.

Again, an assumption here, but I don't think Jim is going to pay The Glazers off for a partial share now, without a rock solid guarantee that he will be able to take control in the near term. He is not waiting years and leaving The Glazers in control for years - that would be terrible PR for him. Especially when, as we all know, The Glazers wont use that money for reinvestment.

We didn't know for sure if an Ineos 25% stake means an equal purchase of class B and class A shares. I know it was said in passing in the Daily Mail article a couple of weeks ago, but is that gospel?

Is it not the case that if The Glazers sell any portion of their class B stock, then an equal $ value per share has to be offered to class A shareholders? Wasnt this what the potential legal action was based on?
If so, Ineos could buy 1 class B at circa $40, that would mean the board would have to make an equal offer to the class A shareholders. Jim then hoovers up all class A shares owned by the minority shareholders.

On a per share basis, the Ineos bid will be the same as the Qatar bid, meaning the minority owners have no cause for complaint, so wont take legal action.

That then clears the pathway for a sale of the class B shares. I would then suspect that The Glazers sell for a slight discount on their class B shares. Why, because this is the price for allowing Joel and Avram to stay put. Obviously, the board would have to change the company rules so the class B didn't downgrade to class A once sold.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
If this goes through, and Mr Ratcliffe is minority owner with the Glazers sticking around.. I think I’m finally done with the club, it’s not Manchester United, and if we’re honest it hasn’t been for a very long time.. our club died when those parasites forced us into debt and dragged us into a position where we couldn’t possibly compete.. this is the Glazer athletic club, and they don’t deserve anyone’s support
Correct. The only individuals at this point that would welcome this are oppo wums.

The Ratcliffe deal has become further and further degraded and negative to the point where his mask is off and it’s Crystal clear what he is - an enemy of Manchester United and liar.

gaffs

Think a step ahead. Why would Ratcliffe want a minority stake in United?

mu4c_20le

I've said a few times I'm not for or against either I just want the Glazers gone but if this deal (minority investment) goes through looks like a hollow win to me.

That deal looks like the worst possible scenario to me. I hope I am proved wrong though.
Worst case is no sale, or minority investment from some US firm which would be Glazers jr. At least Ratcliffe cares about the club, he's too old to be doing this just for the money.

Woziak

Nothing has changed mate. There is no new information available today than there was 3 weeks ago when the news of the Ineos "25% stake" first broke.

We have no idea how a potential Ineos bid may look.

Again, an assumption here, but I don't think Jim is going to pay The Glazers off for a partial share now, without a rock solid guarantee that he will be able to take control in the near term. He is not waiting years and leaving The Glazers in control for years - that would be terrible PR for him. Especially when, as we all know, The Glazers wont use that money for reinvestment.

We didn't know for sure if an Ineos 25% stake means an equal purchase of class B and class A shares. I know it was said in passing in the Daily Mail article a couple of weeks ago, but is that gospel?

Is it not the case that if The Glazers sell any portion of their class B stock, then an equal $ value per share has to be offered to class A shareholders? Wasnt this what the potential legal action was based on?
If so, Ineos could buy 1 class B at circa $40, that would mean the board would have to make an equal offer to the class A shareholders. Jim then hoovers up all class A shares owned by the minority shareholders.

On a per share basis, the Ineos bid will be the same as the Qatar bid, meaning the minority owners have no cause for complaint, so wont take legal action.

That then clears the pathway for a sale of the class B shares. I would then suspect that The Glazers sell for a slight discount on their class B shares. Why, because this is the price for allowing Joel and Avram to stay put. Obviously, the board would have to change the company rules so the class B didn't downgrade to class A once sold.
Inaccurate on multiple statements but generally you’re on the right track.

If you invest for 25% of shares they would be equal shares he’s not buying nothing, he’s doing a deal with the devil and investing.

You may be right about the put and call clauses that may or may not exist in a separate contract from a minority investment contract.

If your a minority share holder especially a hedge fund like most are, you have multiple investors you are answerable too and you would have promised a ROI - you can’t tell 75% of those investors guess what we’ve sold out finally but your have to enter a lottery to see which one in four of you gets the money now and the other 3 out of four might get their money into 3-5 years.

If you know anything about hedge funds and how they operate, they most definitely will go to court and tie the Glazers and INEOS in litigation until they get what they want!!!

Last statement I actually feel sorry for you, the board have very little say in class A and Class B share voting rights, this was created in financial law on behest of the advice of the lawyers who represent the Glazers.

They created the separation of class A and Class B so they would always retain control of the club even when the club is on its ass like it currently is, it was created in the main to prevent a hostile takeover, but consider this if they were (Lawyers) to grant one investor special dispensation to buy class B shares where they retain their 10 times voting rights, because that’s what Jimmy Boy would be an investor, it would also create potential legal challenges for all the shareholders like Lindsell train who bought shares from 2008-2017 to challenge in court why their shares are now only valued 1/10th the value of Jimmy RatCliffe ?

Appletonred

Totally agree

gaffs

Inaccurate on multiple statements but generally you’re on the right track.

If you invest for 25% of shares they would be equal shares he’s not buying nothing, he’s doing a deal with the devil and investing.
I feel sorry for you mate!

How many time are you going to either simply make up information, or just jump to assumptions? Based on what?

How do you know the make up of the deal? How do you know the 25% stake is for "equal shares".

You, I, or anyone else for that matter know forth fifths of feck all about how this sale is going to go.

As i said, it was only two weeks ago you were insistent after speaking to your "mate in finance" that the club would be sold for £7-8billion in total. Now you're backtracking like Victor Lindelof does with a forward running at him!

Want me to dig up your posts? More flip flops than a beach full of havaianas!

You may be right about the put and call clauses that may or may not exist in a separate contract from a minority investment contract.

If your a minority share holder especially a hedge fund like most are, you have multiple investors you are answerable too and you would have promised a ROI - you can’t tell 75% of those investors guess what we’ve sold out finally but your have to enter a lottery to see which one in four of you gets the money now and the other 3 out of four might get their money into 3-5 years.

If you know anything about hedge funds and how they operate, they most definitely will go to court and tie the Glazers and INEOS in litigation until they get what they want!!!
They are getting an ROI. You said it yourself - $40 a share. Double todays value. And $15 a share more than the highest ever market value.

Last statement I actually feel sorry for you, the board have very little say in class A and Class B share voting rights, this was created in financial law on behest of the advice of the lawyers who represent the Glazers.

They created the separation of class A and Class B so they would always retain control of the club even when the club is on its ass like it currently is, it was created in the main to prevent a hostile takeover, but consider this if they were (Lawyers) to grant one investor special dispensation to buy class B shares where they retain their 10 times voting rights, because that’s what Jimmy Boy would be an investor, it would also create potential legal challenges for all the shareholders like Lindsell train who bought shares from 2008-2017 to challenge in court why their shares are now only valued 1/10th the value of Jimmy RatCliffe ?
I feel sorry for you if you think that The Glazers and their lawyers cant change how class B work.

Laughable if you think this is written in stone, because if it was, then INEOS could never take control of MUFC with Avram and Joel still on place.

Especially, if as I suggested, in my earlier post, if INEOS hoover up all the hedge fund owned class A shares, INEOS and The Glazers can cut any deal they want.

The minority shareholders have no right of recourse if they change the rules on class B once they have already been paid out!

croadyman

This is the thing as the £175 million will go straight in the parasites pocket and nothibg will be invested into the club or towards the debt, it’s just yet more free money for the parasites.

We’re light years behind City squad wise and also behind Arsenal and an argument could be made that after this season we’ll be behind Liverpool, Newcastle and Spurs thus meaning we’d be aiming for Europa but it’s believable we could finish behind Villa and Brighton then even miss out on Europa.

As far as facilities go we’re mid table and if we struggle this season and fall out of the CL in the group stages there’s zero money for the parasites to take out let alone invest in infrastructure, I just don’t get why Ratcliffe would do this just to get his foot in the door as the reality is the club he’d potentially take over eventually would be a financial mess and a club fighting for a Europa spot and as a business man surely he sees how bad a business decision it is.

Already the club is working off of a credit card facility for transfers and struggling with FFP due to the debt saddled to the club, once the whole FFP structure changes next year we’d be in an even bigger mess and further behind.

Unless Ratcliffe is coming in and also clearing the debt (which I don’t believe he will seeing as there’s certain tax breaks for debt) absolutely nothing changes as we’re still controlled by the parasites, saddled with huge debt, struggling with FFP, light years behind other clubs in infrastructure, way behind others in the squad and a clear toxic morale throughout the club from the very top to the bottom due to piss poor management.

If the parasites are banking on the Super League being resurrected or the new format of the CL or the World Club Cup or even new television deals they’ll be in for a massive shock as the Super League dead and we won’t be getting anything out of the others due to where we are and will continue to be without a complete reset and restructure which can only occur with a full takeover.
Yeah not clearing the debt is another stick for us to hit Ratcliffe with,he probably naively believes he can get them out in a few years

ElDiabloRojo

The most frustrating thing is that the Glazers are laughing their heads off about this.
I doubt they have the emotion to laugh. They seem soulless, motivated by nothing other than money.

If it is Jimmy the Rat investing and enabling them to stay on I hope the club rots and becomes worthless for them all.

It will rise again in time.

L1nk

Is this basically Jim buying into the club with a minority share and reinforcing the Glazers' position? isn't this a doomsday scenario?
We should probably wait for as much details as possible before we think of it as a Doomsday scenario. There is of course a version of a Ratcliffe minority stake that is a 'Doomsday scenario' but if it's a minority stake this year, with a view to taking full control over the next few years, is that not better than nothing at all?

There are too many people in this thread that are biased to who they want, who believe every random twitter account talking about either bidding party, who believe propaganda and stupid reports about either party because it reaffirms their support for their bidding party. The reality is absolutely nobody knows the specifics of any deal being proposed, and nobody knows who's 'in the lead', nobody knows if the Glazers will sell, nobody knows if Qatar is going to be a fantastic owner just as nobody knows if Ratcliffe would be a fantastic owner. Nobody knows what Ratcliffe is fully proposing, everybody just reads the words 'minority stake' and foams at the mouth.

The only thing anybody knows for sure is the Glazers are even more odious than we originally believed them to be, and that they clearly don't want to sell under the current circumstances and last offers, because otherwise the club would have been sold by now.

Everybody should try to have a balanced head and stop reading constant nothing updates, because nobody knows.

croadyman

Why would he? Why pay 6 when you can get it for 5?
He can't get it for 5 that's the point,if that was the case he would already be the owner. I don't believe for a second he's willing to do whatever it takes to get the club anymore.

arthurka

He can't get it for 5 that's the point,if that was the case he would already be the owner. I don't believe for a second he's willing to do whatever it takes to get the club anymore.
You might be right, but I would also try to get it for as little as possible.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
I mean, its a terrible deal for us, but there are positives. Radcliffe will be way more hands on as 25% owner than the Glazers are. Things you'd think will get done quicker. He's a football man, so will know certain people to get certain aspects of this club rocking again. Paul Mitchell for instance is someone we're desperate for. Radcliffe getting his feet under the table would be cause for celebration about 2 years ago.

But this club needs so much doing to it, its gone way past minority investment. We need playing staff, backroom staff, an upgraded training facility, massive improvement to the stadium. This needs a full takeover.
Worst case is no sale, or minority investment from some US firm which would be Glazers jr. At least Ratcliffe cares about the club, he's too old to be doing this just for the money.
i think No sale is a better scenario than Jimmy chipping in. No sale means a serious trouble for a club, 2-3 years of agony and then the Glazers simply have to sell. Adding Jim’s money mean the agony will last a few years more.

laughtersassassin

Is this basically Jim buying into the club with a minority share and reinforcing the Glazers' position? isn't this a doomsday scenario?
A lot of people keep spouting this and maybe that's the case. But we have no info right now.

It's just as possible he is buying 25% now with options that has him take majority control over a number of years.

Until we know that the doomsday comments don't really make sense.

A staged takeover isn't uncommon. Let's hope that's the case if Jim wins.

Woodzy

Sir Jim has won the bid about 5 times already since the saga began. It typically results in Qatar submitting a new bid within days later.

Hammondo

We absolutely can compete, we are one of the biggest spenders.

Zora

Yeah it's doomsday without a doubt
You post this or something similar to this every single day. In fact, I saw the post before your username and thought “I bet that’s Croadyman” :lol:

I get that you’re anxious mate. We all are. But none of us know what SJR or Qatar will bring to the table. Both parties will have positives and negatives.

And how do we know that a third player doesn’t just appear from nowhere? It happens in business all of the time. We all believe every shit report that Bloomberg, Daily Express and McDonalds churn out when in fact, no one has a scooby on what’s actually happening. Every single report is speculation. Has any journalist been correct on the takeover yet? Maybe the ones who play it safe every day “No deal as of yet” but that’s about it.

The fear mongering which goes on in here every single day needs to stop now. Too many of us; myself included, assume that one buyer is going to turn us into Man City and the other will turn us into Barsnley.

Neither are true. Or maybe both are true. But none of us know anything, including the actual facts behind both SJR and Qatar’s bids.

It’s like Groundhog Day in here.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We absolutely can compete, we are one of the biggest spenders.
This is like saying M&S can compete with Amazon because they used to be successful and made money in the past.

You're living in the past, Liverpool style

Hammondo

This is like saying M&S can compete with Amazon because they used to be successful and made money in the past.

You're living in the past, Liverpool style
That's not what I said, I said we are one of the biggest spenders now, top 3 in the world.

ElCholo

Supports
Boca
I never condemned violence or shit like that, but match going fans should consider option to NOT attend games (i am not calling for violence). They would sell it after 5-6 games.
You are slowly losing that magic aura.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
That's not what I said, I said we are one of the biggest spenders now, top 3 in the world.
And what I implied is that's in the past.

The club is broke and Ratcliffe won't fix that problem

LordSpud

A lot of people keep spouting this and maybe that's the case. But we have no info right now.

It's just as possible he is buying 25% now with options that has him take majority control over a number of years.

Until we know that the doomsday comments don't really make sense.

A staged takeover isn't uncommon. Let's hope that's the case if Jim wins.
If this is the case, I don't really want to know much about the now. I want to know about the 10 year plan. The man will be 80 by then. Does it fall to his children? INEOS keeps it on? Who knows.

alexanderplatz

Arsenal had years of stagnation because Stan and Usmanov wouldn’t spend to benefit the other. There’s no way a minority stake benefits anyone other than the glazers. Jim will be waiting a very long time to buy the rest of the shares, it doesn’t make sense at all.

Marcelinho87

I doubt they have the emotion to laugh. They seem soulless, motivated by nothing other than money.

If it is Jimmy the Rat investing and enabling them to stay on I hope the club rots and becomes worthless for them all.

It will rise again in time.
This is where my understanding of what's happening goes out of the window...

IF their only motivation is money, then why would you decline a fix sum fee of 6bn for minority investment with no guarantee in that increasing in the future? Their dividends don't come close and they don't have that many years left to rake out 6bn from the hotseat.

Seems awfully risky to hope they make a smidge over 6bn in the future especially with the way the club is.

Kaos

Has something happened? I've been avoiding this thread for my sanity, why is it reading like SJR buying a minority sake is imminent?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Has something happened? I've been avoiding this thread for my sanity, why is it reading like Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE buying a minority sake is imminent?
Not really.
Ratcliffe has an edge because of his minority offer, but that's about it. A new Qatar bid isn't ruled out either.

Zora

Has something happened? I've been avoiding this thread for my sanity, why is it reading like Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE buying a minority sake is imminent?
Absolutely nothing has happened except for a few bullshit articles, some bloke from Leicester who claims Qatar have bought us and David Beckham saying he’s going to manage us when Ten Hag is sacked next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.