Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
But who will control the budget?
I don't know, it depends on how they want it to be. But it's important to keep in mind that it's a non issue. Under the the current ownership the club football budget as not gone under 94% of the club's revenue.

putzmcgee123

Surely the FA should block this as a conflict of interests?

What a damn mess.
The mental image of a Qatari-owned Spuds losing to an INEOS-owned Man Utd with the INEOS logo plastered all over the Spuds bench is doing it for me. :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Surely the FA should block this as a conflict of interests?

What a damn mess.
It would be a pretty big stretch. Ineos Grenadier sponsoring Tottenham isn't exactly a big deal.

LuckyScout78

I was thinking back in time. If sir.Ratcliffe was taken over United.
Could he make Nice to Manchester United's farmer club?
And do Uefa rules allow that? That a person or owner own two football club in Europe?

And reason why Nice should produce and sell top talents to United?
+ First of course. You save a lot of money. Instead of spending 80 -100 mill Euros on top talents. Like Bellingham, Caicedo or whatever.

I am not sure and haven't heard what Bellingham said was the main reason why he joined Dortmund. But i do believe regular first team football and playing time was the main reason he choosed Dortmund over United and others big clubs.
Because of that time. If I don't rememeber wrong. United couldn't promise him regular first team football. I don't think it were about the money and the history of the club.
But it was regular first team football.

So if sir.Ratcliffe is making Nice to become a strong club that attract top talents like Dortmund, RB Leipzing or Red Bull Salzburg.

Bellingham went to Dortmund
Haaland went first to Salzburg. Later to Dortmund and City.

So if Nice as a football club can give top talents regular first time football. Like top talents joining Dortmund or Leipzig from Red Bull Salzburg, at some stage.
From Nice to Manchester United.
Or in premier league and England.
Brighton is a club like Red Bull Salzburg, Dortmund and Leipzig. They bought and get top talents on really low price tag. I will use cheap price if someone get offend of it. Low price, then sell a lot more than they paid for.

So if Nice can be that club for United. The club where the top talents take the second last step, before they take the last step by joining one of the biggest club.

I think a lot of millions will be save here.
So again. Do Uefa allow that? A business and transfer between clubs what own by the same owner?

And Nice i think and can be on the same league level as Bundesliga. Maybe second best team in Bundesliga like Dortmund and Leipzig are on really high level. Both in champion league level?
Nice and French league does has a high level. When it come to pace and skills.
And many top talents does rise up every years. Special CB and attacking players.
And playing regular first team football for Nice. Like above. Not as high as Dortmun and Leipzig. But Nice, Lyon and Lille are not far behind those second best clubs like Leipzig and Dortmund. Selling clubs.
So i do believe. Nice and French top football is a good plattform for top talents who want regular first team football. A place where they develop and take the last step to the highest level of football.
Manchester United as club can and do not has time to give them to develop. Even at that time i beleive Belligham was good enough for United XI, regular.
But the expectations of Manchester United vs Nice, Dortmund, The red bull clubs are different.

But we are in the period where those Red Bull clubs + Dortmund. Attract the best and top talents. So it is something we just have to accept. When peoples, clubs and groups are in their golden era. Nothing much others peoples can do. Against and already written manusscript.

And does Sir Ratcliffe owner some part of Mercedes. And it looks like he is competing with Red Bull company, in football too.

Last edited:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I might have missed an official statement then.
Tier one reports and multiple credible journalists have said they have knowledge that he has footballing control should he be voted in. You won't hear anything official until the board has voted in and we get more clarity.

If you see a lot of changes in staff you know what to believe.

stevoc

If you inherited a £500k house would you think selling it for £5k is fine because “hey, anything is profit!”. It’s a ridiculous argument.
It is a bit yeah, but I was just trying to interpet it.

stevoc

Malcolm Glazer didn't buy United. He didn't have the money to by United, he borrowed money and secured the debt on assets he didn't actually own at the time, that is why it is called a leveraged buy out.
If you need the full details of the buy out, I'm sure they are here somewhere in the archives.

What you also have to look into is the background behind the purchase and how it came about, you might get a few surprises.
I'm aware mate which is why I wrote investment in inverted commas.

OleGunnar20

In real terms it puts money in the pockets of the Glazers, and will likely result in a bodged paint job to the club infrastructure, so there'll be talk of improvements and expansion of the stadium for a while. This will eventually go quiet and we'll get cheap renovation of the most crumbling section or something.

Rat says he wants footballing control, so I imagine the same old businessmen will remain in charge, but a yes-man will be brought in to be 'Director of Football' in name only, while things continue as normal.

We won't have additional funds to match City by any stretch, but best-case scenario we might get a slightly improved spend this summer to paper over the cracks and make Jimbo look good (until we realise that money came from next summer's spend, next summer).

Basically it's great news! If you're a Glazer.
Feels an overly pessimistic take for me.

There's no reason a businessman (and supposed lifelong fan, who knows) would spend more than a billion quid to simply carry on with the status quo.

Sure, there won't be the same all incompassing changes promised by Jassim - who knows how that would have played out anyway. PSG are hardly a glittering success story.

But I'd be very surprised if the footballing management structure wasn't massively shaken up, which is likely to lead to at least a marginal improvement given how badly we're run at present. Don't forget how much money we generate on our own. We don't really need oil money to compete if we're smart about it. Liverpool being a prime recent example.

Talk of the likes of Mitchell and Edwards at DOF is very promising for me, though that Brailsford's track record does look mixed at best.

I think a balanced view is cautious optimism, as new hands on the footballing wheel is what we've needed more than anything given how strong our commercial arm is anyway. Though I'm certainly not expecting the same level of change we've seen at Newcastle & City during their takeovers.

stevoc

It's started already.

Talk of 'upgrading' Old Trafford. It doesn't need updating or expanding, it needs pulling down and rebuilt, like the top clubs have done. It's an outdated shitehole.
This just proves exactly what my biggest fears were with this takeover, that it was never going to pan out how it should have done with a clean slate, debt wiped, new owners and United brought up to date heading into a new future.

This is it for me. A fekin sad day when United should have been making a new chapter in its history for the next generation. Instead we're going to be in the exact same position we have been for the past decade, absolutely NOTHING will change.

I'm done. My grandad supported United all his life from 1922. His son, my dad, supported United from 1942 and I've supported them since 1969, but today that ends. When my son was born he immediately got the kit and scarves but for a few years he's had a lot of stick at school for being a United supporter. Well this weekend he actually told me he wants to support Arsenal. In the past I'd have said no chance son, but I just said sure and ordered him the Arsenal kit.

This saga has done me. I'm not wasting my time on these parasites anymore and Ratcliffe isn't the future of United.

United are done as a top club. Fact.
Real didn't tear their stadium down, neither have Liverpool and Barcelona are planning a renovation as well.

Good luck with the next club you choose to support.

tomaldinho1

Haven't we outspent City over the last decade? Honestly if Ratcliffe just gives a modicum of a toss about us then it'll be a significant improvement.
Agreed. Reading this thread I honestly think this might be one of the biggest misconceptions on the caf. The Glazers don't seem to do anything directly, they appoint a figurehead they trust and then, by all accounts, aren't involved in the day to day or how we operate. They care about the financial performance and have control of budgets but the issues we face as a club are decisions made by others. They are enablers, that is for sure, and ultimately choose the CEO but they are completely disinterested outside of the numbers. Even if Sir Jim is average, having at least a whiff of an interest in actually how we operate will be an improvement.

Mainoldo

Not his remit at Southampton, Tottenham and Monaco though, is it?

Southampton and Spurs did have their highest finishes in Premier League history when he was at the club, and Monaco if I'm not mistaken were top when he left (though I could be wrong, and his Monaco stint wasnt all roses to say the least).
Your right but then what makes you think he would be good at United if he’s never had this level of club. We require a different level of player at this level. As I’ve said already I don’t want the direct who picks out the new Caicedo. I want the direct who identifies Rodri. We need players that will have immediate impact at the top level with the right age profile.

Monaco from reports wasn’t that impressive and they have improved since he’s left. I was all for Mitchell years ago but I think we can do a lot better and we are setting our sites at has bins with no actual real credibility at the top top level or recent success.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
As a 70 year old, how will he manage INEOS’s core business plus sporting interests in cycling, Mercedes F1 team, two footballing clubs etc and one of the biggest football clubs in the world?
He doesn't run them, he makes the decisions, just like anyone else who runs large corporations

RedRocket9908

Haven't we outspent City over the last decade? Honestly if Ratcliffe just gives a modicum of a toss about us then it'll be a significant improvement.
No one can really be sure if we have outspent City over the last decade as there are still question marks over how much City have actually spent, what I do know is if SJR is successful he would be able to open up some new revenue streams for the club through INEOS and its partners.

Giggsy13

Is it possible? Yes.

Is it a given? No, it is speculation.
It would all be subject to board approval. Given the yes men/people at the club, I doubt many would revolt against Murtough or Fletcher. Ratcliffe taking over football operations is a pitch to the board nothing more.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Your right but then what makes you think he would be good at United if he’s never had this level of club. We require a different level of player at this level. As I’ve said already I don’t want the direct who picks out the new Caicedo. I want the direct who identifies Rodri. We need players that will have immediate impact at the top level with the right age profile.

Monaco from reports wasn’t that impressive and they have improved since he’s left. I was all for Mitchell years ago but I think we can do a lot better and we are setting our sites at has bins with no actual real credibility at the top top level or recent success.
You don't really know the capacity Mitchell would join at - but generally speaking if he was capable of collaborating with his peers and help getting the likes of VVD, Mane, Alderweirald, Vertonghen, Son at their pomp (all good enough to play for a title winning team in their own right) then you'd imagine he's good at identifying a solid player or two.

@Adnan made a good point that it's not a single person but a collaborative that makes an impact. He knows about footballing structures better than most in the forum, and Mitchell can be a valuable asset in the right structure.

Your Rodri point is a bit bizarre, he wasn't 'identified', but was already known quantity in football (like Diaz). He also joined a well oiled machine which makes his transition mountains easier than Caceido.

Re. his Monaco stint, as I say it wasn't a bed of roses but you'll struggle to find a footballing head who hasn't struggled.

stevoc

The Athletic podcast is very informative.

Ratcliffe wants to turn Utd into a winning machine.

Anyone who follows F1 - he’s very similar to Christian Horner who turned Red Bull into consistent champions.

Man Utd are huge. Absolutely gigantic. We just need someone who is serious about football running the show, which is about to happen.

Oh and by the way - your saviour and hero, Jassim, wouldn’t pay the cash to buy us. Jim offered more money and has carefully researched the requirements to acquire the club long term. I’d rather have a strategist in charge than a state who might just want to turn us into a soulless entity like PSG.
It seems that Jassim's bid never got anywhere because it was predicated on agreeing a fee then subtracting an amount equal to the debt and use that to pay it off. That was obviously never going to work with the Glazers as they don't see it as their debt, from day one when these cnuts first darkened United's door. Their plan was always to load a debt onto United and never repay it themselves.

Amsterdam Devil

It's started already.

Talk of 'upgrading' Old Trafford. It doesn't need updating or expanding, it needs pulling down and rebuilt, like the top clubs have done. It's an outdated shitehole.
This just proves exactly what my biggest fears were with this takeover, that it was never going to pan out how it should have done with a clean slate, debt wiped, new owners and United brought up to date heading into a new future.

This is it for me. A fekin sad day when United should have been making a new chapter in its history for the next generation. Instead we're going to be in the exact same position we have been for the past decade, absolutely NOTHING will change.

I'm done. My grandad supported United all his life from 1922. His son, my dad, supported United from 1942 and I've supported them since 1969, but today that ends. When my son was born he immediately got the kit and scarves but for a few years he's had a lot of stick at school for being a United supporter. Well this weekend he actually told me he wants to support Arsenal. In the past I'd have said no chance son, but I just said sure and ordered him the Arsenal kit.

This saga has done me. I'm not wasting my time on these parasites anymore and Ratcliffe isn't the future of United.

United are done as a top club. Fact.
Buy an Arsenal kit for yourself as well. Maybe if they struggle again like they also did in the last ten years you can just find another club.

Castia

I have been massively against Jim and his ownership and ultimately I think it will be a failure but I’ll put my negativity to one side and try to come up with some possible positives:

The Nice connection could be good. France have a history of bringing through some great players we should be aiming for the best young prospects from within France and world football and using Nice to help develop those players.

I want to see Murtough and Arnold gone. I believe these 2 muppets are the clubs biggest problem. Jim having sporting control should sack these on day 1 and bring in some proper best in class football personnel to those roles. The amount of money wasted at this club is a disgrace for the squad we currently have.

Obviously full ownership I want the Hills Have Eyes cast removed asap it’s been long enough.

Rumours of OT’s renovation still being on the cards and a capacity increase to 90k. This would be amazing.

RedDevil@84

The Nice connection could be good. France have a history of bringing through some great players we should be aiming for the best young prospects from within France and world football and using Nice to help develop those players.
The shock when our academy starts feeding Nice :lol:

RedRocket9908

It would all be subject to board approval. Given the yes men/people at the club, I doubt many would revolt against Murtough or Fletcher. Ratcliffe taking over football operations is a pitch to the board nothing more.
I believe at least 75% of the board need to vote in favor for it to be approved and there are 11 people on the board which are the 6 Glazers plus Sir Alex, Sir Bobby, David Gill, Richard Arnold, and John Edelson.

stevoc

People keep quoting city because they serve as an outstanding example of excellent business, sporting and community success.
I’m not a city fan, just a lower league football supporter who takes an interest in the upper echelons of the game, and I can tell you with absolute conviction that it’s only fans of the clubs who rival city (the dippers with their empire built on earnings from the mystery of gambling especially), the supporters of those clubs who tried to keep new investment out of football to protect the dominance of their cartel, who see city as having broken any kind of moral code.
And anyhow, the billion charges (as ridiculous as they are) are still nothing but charges and the only conviction they ever received under ffp was for being slow to engage with a process that had changed some rules that had been complied with but were then changed after the fact.

In all fairness, the Utd fans who understand how the system works (the vast majority of them, which is what makes this forum such a joy) don’t engage on the topic in the poorly informed way that you have because clever people who live in glass houses are clued up enough to not throw stuff, it’s only the occasional duffer who spouts your line nowadays mate.
And outside of the supporters of the cartel clubs almost all supporters see ffp and unproven charges for exactly what they are.
You do a very good impression of one though.

RedDevil@84

All depends on how much money everyone is getting.

Mainoldo

You don't really know the capacity Mitchell would join at - but generally speaking if he was capable of getting the likes of VVD, Mane, Alderweirald, Vertonghen, Son at their pomp (all good enough to play for a title winning team in their own right) then you'd imagine he's good at identifying a solid player or two.

Your Rodri point is a bit bizarre, he was a known quantity in football. He also joined a well oiled machine which makes his transition mountains easier than Caceido.

Re. his Monaco stint, as I say it wasn't a bed of roses but you'll struggle to find a footballing head who hasn't struggled.
He seems to have this Ralf Rangnick myth about him where he gets credit for things he didn’t do. He wasn’t At Southampton when they got VVD. But sure yeah add it to his CV.

The Rodri thing is my whole point. We don’t need to get the worlds best unknown players. Just the right players from what is already well established, at the right age profiles. We need the DoF who’s going to do that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What do you mean?
I think what is pretty clear is Ratcliffe and his guys will throw out a lot of these footballing heads

Giggsy13

I believe at least 75% of the board need to vote in favor for it to be approved and there are 11 people on the board which are the 6 Glazers plus Sir Alex, Sir Bobby, David Gill, Richard Arnold, and John Edelson.
Every single one of them are glazer patsies including Sir Alex, a shame considering the impact his words would have if he was against the glazer ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.