Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy_Cole

Because our potential new owner also owns Nice so it’s interesting to see how they manage another club.

He shared a video where a Palestinian preacher asked god to send ‘a black day on the Jews’ which is quite overt antisemitism.

There have been players getting suspended for more nuanced protests against the Israel state, which has been awful. This is pretty bad on the players part.
Yeh exactly this. Didn’t realise that’s what he posted so fair play him getting suspended for that. If it was others have posted and getting banned it would’ve dissapointed me from our new owners.

Infra-red

Surely with only one bidder left the Glazers don’t still need to deliberate on this
It's the Glazers. Endless and pointless dithering until everything good falls away and all you are left with is a turd sandwich, is just what they do. They never fail to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Wheato

Augmented Reality

They are going to stick little cameras on players shirts, and people around the world will be able to be Marcus Rashford in an actual match and they will pay money for it. They have already trailed it in the US.

It will make the clubs a lot of money.

Wheato

"I'm hearing rumours"
You mean you just read it on twitter

"He only had direct access to 3bn and the rest was going to be from lenders"
Why would that matter to the Glazers?

"Ineos had 4.5bn in their bank account to spend right now"
False, their own financial report states cash at 2.6M. No company is going to have billions in cash sitting in a bank account. It well known Sir James Arthur Ratcliffe FIChemE is borrowing money to do this, which is meant to be covered by Ineos.
Sir Jim Ratcliffe and his two partners in Ineos have a combined wealth of £43bn. I think they they are good for the money. And they were able to demonstrate this both in the Chelsea and MUFC bids.

Spoony

The People's President
Augmented Reality

They are going to stick little cameras on players shirts, and people around the world will be able to be Marcus Rashford in an actual match and they will pay money for it. They have already trailed it in the US.

That doesn't appeal to me. That said a VR stadium experience could work.

Wheato

Why wasn’t the Qatar interest dismissed straight away at the beginning of the process if that was the case?
The reason Ineos have had to go for a minority bid is because of the legal challenge of a better bid for all class A and B shareholders.
You’re saying Ineos have the money to buy controlling stock from anywhere between 51-69% but rather buy in instalments.
The Qatar bid does sound a bit all over the place but you don’t get 11 months into a process for no reason.
The narrative has always been that Jassim has the money to blow everyone out else out of the water, when in reality, Ineos had more money.

Corporate purchases are invariably financed, even when the purchaser is cash rich. It's more tax efficient and profitable to leverage.

if there's a structured takeover - i.e. 25% now, with future staged equity purchases - say over the next 3/4 years - towards a total buy-out, then that makes perfect sense.

Maticmaker

It's the Glazers. Endless and pointless dithering until everything good falls away and all you are left with is a turd sandwich, is just what they do. They never fail to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
This is what is holding things up, the fine details still in the balance;

Extract : email from A Glazer to Sir Jim Ratcliffe

" Jimbo, my boy... why not make the bid, an even £2B... you know it makes sense, we guarantee IENOS hand cleansers in all club washroom dispencers"

[* turd sandwich....:lol::lol::lol:]

Last edited:

ClassOf'99

Summary:
Was it really smart and prudent use of money to pay £60M and give a 350k a a week 4 year contract to 30 year old?
About as smart and prudent as signing (at the time) Schmeichel (35) on a three-year contract, Ramsey (31) and Barkley (28) on 1 year contracts each, at least Casemiro came with priceless experience and leadership attached.

Raising concern on a 30 year old serial winner while signing that dross does not give me hope at all in this takeover.

Also worth noting all 3 has since left the club too :lol:

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
If league One had last weekends matches postponed due to international matches ie they had a bunch of players away, league one would be ok for me.
It's all about competition
If league 1 was being postponed for that reason then the state of international football would be very questionable!

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If league 1 was being postponed for that reason then the state of international football would be very questionable!
Honestly, I was surprised. I guess you are getting the players from the far-flung footie nations plying their trade in that league. £2-3k a month will be big money in the likes of Tonga

Anustart89

About as smart and prudent as signing (at the time) Schmeichel (35) on a three-year contract, Ramsey (31) and Barkley (28) on 1 year contracts each, at least Casemiro came with priceless experience and leadership attached.

Raising concern on a 30 year old serial winner while signing that dross does not give me hope at all in this takeover.

Maybe the failure of those players (that they seem to have acknowledged by moving them on) has helped them reach their conclusion on the Casemiro signing, whatever you may think of it?

Wheato

I know that. It was you who said it was a cash purchase.
As part of the due diligence, they had to prove that that had the cash in the bank to pay for everything. From what I have heard, Ineos had 4.5bn ringfenced for this project. Which is also what they had 'available' for the Chelsea deal.

Sheikh Jassim had access to 3bn, and the rest was down the back of the sofa.

RedChrome

This bothered me too. If the Casameiro signing is what bothers him about the way Utd is run then he's a little out of touch, reminds me of my elderly uncle who's always banging on about something or other that's irrelevant to everyday life.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Calling it: having watched the indecisive moron siblings, for past many years, it is very possible that Ratcliffe deal also falls apart and Glazers don't go through with it. The magnitude of their greed and idiocy is still not fully appreciated

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Surely with only one bidder left the Glazers don’t still need to deliberate on this
Even now, at this stage, they'll be playing a game of brinksmanship, and hoping that for a shock 11th hour Qatari bid comes in.

Cloud7

Even now, at this stage, they'll be playing a game of brinksmanship, and hoping that for a shock 11th hour Qatari bid comes in.
Knowing their level of greed, I would not be surprised if they’re trying to raise the price for Jim now

RedChrome

Calling it: having watched the indecisive moron siblings, for past many years, it is very possible that Ratcliffe deal also falls apart and Glazers don't go through with it. The magnitude of their greed and idiocy is still not fully appreciated
If this happens it's time for scorched earth policy from us fans. Games would need to be abandoned,mega store closed, sponsors relentlessly bombarded with messages in no uncertain terms saying their products will be boycotted. Nothing good comes easy in life, time for the fans to earn our keep.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
That doesn't appeal to me. That said a VR stadium experience could work.
I'm not paying a single penny for anything below the standard of Star Trek holodecks.

VR in general is a bit shit, if you ask me. Or more shit than you'd expect in this day and age.

Ibrahimorich

In F1 he bought into a winning machine, Mercedes.

They have done nothing but lose ever since.
Ineos bought into Mercedes at the end of the 2020 season. A season in which Mercedes won both the drivers and constructers title. In 2021 they won the constructors and LH was the rightful driver's champion until deliberate foul play intervened.

Then the rules changed. Red Bull has done a better job than anyone else since (including exceeding the budget cap). Stop spouting rubbish.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ineos bought into Mercedes at the end of the 2020 season. A season in which Mercedes won both the drivers and constructers title. In 2021 they won the constructors and LH was the rightful driver's champion until deliberate foul play intervened.

Then the rules changed. Red Bull has done a better job than anyone else since (including exceeding the budget cap). Stop spouting rubbish.
Wow sounds like he’s definitely having a detrimental effect then? Thanks for the info.

Woziak

Probably arranging for a trip to Paris to speak to the real man behind the Qatari Bid again, however my guess is they probably feel it’s best to review in 12 months and try and get a refinancing loan for £250-300m to ease the Cashflow situation within the next 12 months and again add more debt to the club but ultimately stay in control?

gaffs

Your missing a huge important part with an increased stadium effecting FFP , which is now FSP as your revenue grows potentially on a 90,000 stadium by 15,000 extra seats at 25 home games all paying £40 gives you about another £15m in gate receipts call it £25m with merchandising. The revenue goes up to £700m in 2027 from £650m in 2023 - However FSP dictates that you can only spend 70% of that £700m in 2027 but you could have spent 80% £650m in 2023 which year are you better off and able to invest in more players to improve the team?

Not at all.

That is why I said....

"Stadium expenses have nothing to do with FFP, but increased revenue from a larger stadium will."

But a good point re the changes in FSP.

The overall point that i was making though was that i dont see Ratcliffe putting in extra investment only for The Glazers to benefit on the back end - i.e. the price of The Glazers shares increasing on the back of INEOS investment. If he does, then it tells me they have a pre-agreed sale price lined up for the future.

Ratcliffe will brief the media with whatever he thinks will appease the fan base, then if and it’s still an if he takes a minority control he will do the opposite to what he’s promised that’s he’s remit, that’s his track record, I’m yet to see him touch something in the sporting world and it become mega successful!
Let's see on that. I personally dont think he will say much. He will have to play nice with The Glazers. It will be corporate spiel about strategic partnerships, growth opportunities, sporting success blah blah blah. And bank on him saying The Glazers were easy to work with.

gaffs

Augmented Reality

I can watch Rashford not tracking back in AR.

May as well have a static camera.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

So if Jim changes the FA / UEFA rules you're telling me there's a chance? :)

gaffs

Probably arranging for a trip to Paris to speak to the real man behind the Qatari Bid again, however my guess is they probably feel it’s best to review in 12 months and try and get a refinancing loan for £250-300m to ease the Cashflow situation within the next 12 months and again add more debt to the club but ultimately stay in control?
No chance. There will be nothing on the table in 12 months. This sale process has proven that the pool of people who can buy MUFC at The Glazers valuation is miniscule. This is happening. INEOS are coming in and any delay will just be minor contractual tweaks or further discussions with minority shareholders.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
They are going to stick little cameras on players shirts, and people around the world will be able to be Marcus Rashford in an actual match and they will pay money for it.
The tech is probably in place already to do that. Not just stick a camera on him, but create some kind of virtual version of him that is 99,9% near to the real thing in real time (or at least "real time" as it would be perceived by the viewer/user).

To be clear, I'm not talking about a player cam. But rather the possibility of actually "being" Rashford through AR/VR: You see what he is seeing, not what the camera is seeing. Only you don't, of course, because you aren't actually Rashford. But the simulacrum is very close to reality.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Mercedes dominated F1 for nearly 10 years and in that time Ratcliffe was nowhere to be seen.

Zed 101

The Ineos bid is financed.
Yeah it is but (and do not get me wrong not saying I'm a fan of the Ineos bid) but the major difference between Ineos financing and the Glazers financing, is that Ineos have massive equity beyond the value of Man Utd, in theory they can meet the costs of any financing without impacting on the clubs finances (not saying they will) whereas the Glazers empire is comparatively small (total net worth of the family is estimated to be less than $5bn whereas Ineos is in excess of $45bn, Jim Ratclife is personally worth somewhere in excess of £20bn, reported figures for all these vary somewhat but the factors remain consistent), The Glazers have used Utd to finance everything they do, whereas that simply will not be the case for Ineos whose main business already generates something like 15 -20X the annual profit that Man utd does

I am not worried about the Ineos bid being financed, it is completely different, Ineos could buy Utd without financing but it would make no financial sense to do so.

What makes me what to shit through my mouth is that the Glazer's will still be here and I also begrudge them every single penny they squeeze out of the club

El Zoido

Augmented Reality

At least the viewer won’t get motion sickness.

stevoc

I'm hearing rumours that Sheikh Jassim's bid was not as bona fide as they made out. He only had direct access to 3bn and the rest was going to be from lenders. Ineos had 4.5bn in their bank account to spend right now.

This also tallies with the due diligence from their bid for Chelsea. Same amount of money.

This is why the Glazers needed PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi to vouch for Sheikh Jassim, because his numbers didn't stack up.

Obviously, they are going to spin a different story to save face, but their bid now seems to be a bit pie in the sky.

Ineos are still intent on full control of the club, but it will be in stages and the reason for that will become apparent when we see the 3pm blackout scrapped and AR introduced to football.
Jassim's bid if it wasn't state backed was always going to be based on borrowing. No one has the type of money to buy United sitting in a bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.