Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gajender

So are we really doing this again hanging on words of serial BS merchant Alan Nixon who probably is on banned list even for transfer rumours but he has line on this how gullible are you guys .

Rojofiam

I'm all for Ratcliffe coming in, but people thinking he will suddenly turn things around are really naive. How exactly will he do that, unless he replaced the manager with somebody that was a success? Hiring a DoF will bring results eventually, but not instantly. There's a long way to go to the January window and he will then have the task of convincing clubs to sell.
This season is already looking like a write-off even before Ineos have their foot in the door.

If they make use of the next 6-7 months to make sure we start off next season as a "new club", it will have been very worth it. Whether that's with ETH or they make a new appointment, we don't know yet and everyone has their own opinion about what they should do...but either way, it's November and they can make a huge difference until next season.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
The bastards will be the death of me. Wish Malcolm’s Dad had fecking withdrawn when he was porking Mrs Glazer, the dirty goblin cnut. Six (6) times she shagged that ugly feck!
He was a massive Liverpool fan before United take over. He waited until we got ahead of Pool, waited for Fergie to retire and then ruined the club from within.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
This season is already looking like a write-off even before Ineos have their foot in the door.

If they make use of the next 6-7 months to make sure we start off next season as a "new club", it will have been very worth it. Whether that's with ETH or they make a new appointment, we don't know yet and everyone has their own opinion about what they should do...but either way, it's November and they can make a huge difference until next season.
Yeah I agree, I'm talking in terms of on the pitch. They need to roll with it till the summer, and take whatever comes their way, or change manager. I suspect they'll get pelters if this continues under Ratcliffe and he will be sacked. But I also think they'll be looking for the first opportunity to sack him anyway and bring in their own guy. Reading between the lines of what's been said, I think that's on the cards.

Rojofiam

As legitimate as standing by a failing manager. Look at Conte and what he achieved straight away with Chelsea. Whether you like it or not, it is a suggestion with merit.
It really isn't. He's a dinosaur who can raise the floor but won't ever have a project with a high ceiling like Arteta's Arsenal, Klopp's Liverpool or Pep's City, and that's what we need to be aiming towards.

No point in such an appointment when it's highly doubtful he would be any better than ETH right now, without any worthy long-term prospects either.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I'm all for Ratcliffe coming in, but people thinking he will suddenly turn things around are really naive. How exactly will he do that, unless he replaced the manager with somebody that was a success? Hiring a DoF will bring results eventually, but not instantly. There's a long way to go to the January window and he will then have the task of convincing clubs to sell.
Is anyone suggesting that though? I’m happy that a lot of neglected things may finally start getting addressed. No one really believes this is an instant success. The success is prising some of the control away from the Glazers. You should let people enjoy and celebrate that.

19Dan81

If you have a scoop on the biggest deal in sports team history you don't stick it in your Patreon. Jimbo can hope all he wants but until the Glazers convene the board to vote on the change of share structure so that someone that isn't named Glazer can hold Class B shares and then also vote on accepting this offer whilst adhering to fiduciary responsibility, Jimbo isn't taking control of anything on Monday.

This is as bad if not worse than the summer madness that suggested that every Friday for months Nine Two Foundation were taking over.

As we currently understand it, there's still no complete agreement with the Glazers, so there's still plenty to do before Jimbo gets to hold up a quarter of a Utd scarf outside Old Trafford - providing he still has free days left out of the 28 days a year he's allowed to spend on British soil.

Berbaclass

As legitimate as standing by a failing manager. Look at Conte and what he achieved straight away with Chelsea. Whether you like it or not, it is a suggestion with merit.
Chelsea’s squads have always been suited to short term changes for success. That’s why they kept doing it for so long.

We have a mishmash of shit, it’s not the same.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I don't believe this and the source seems unreliable as well. Ineos will be heavily occupied with United and Nice for the next few years, especially us.

By the way, this account isn't really a good aggregator as all they did was tweet heavy Qatari PR whilst abusing Ratcliffe and Ineos all the way until the former pulled out of the race. Would be better if they weren't posted in this thread.
Ratcliffe and INEOs have always said that they wanted a portfolio of clubs with United as the figurehead.

So this really isn't that farfetched.

lex talionis

I suppose there’s no real harm in clinging the delusional hope that Ratcliffe will run the club as though the Glazers no longer exist.

Rojofiam

Ratcliffe and INEOs have always said that they wanted a portfolio of clubs with United as the figurehead.

So this really isn't that farfetched.
There's just so much work to do at United, though. And then there's Nice who have just started improving recently. Why not wait 3-4 years for your current 2 main clubs to stabilise and get better before diving into a whole new project?

peridigm

I suppose there’s no real harm in clinging the delusional hope that Ratcliffe will run the club as though the Glazers no longer exist.
6 months in, directors gather for a meeting. Rattcliffe - "who the feck are you?"

arthurka

Another bäld fraud, great
On behalf of all of us baldies I would like to point out that statistically there is no proof for this statement. Men with hair are just as likely to be fraudulent as us bald heads us being more dominant has little to do with that.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
As we currently understand it, there's still no complete agreement with the Glazers, so there's still plenty to do before Jimbo gets to hold up a quarter of a Utd scarf outside Old Trafford - providing he still has free days left out of the 28 days a year he's allowed to spend on British soil.
I mentioned that a month ago -- he will be another remote sub-owner. Does buying an airship and watching it from above OT count?

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
I think it's pretty clear that there wont be a new stadium and there won't be a new training ground. I would think it would cost around 50m to upgrade Carrington and the rest could go into a phased Stadium renovation.

What's clear is that both parties expect Sir Jim to be in control in the short to medium term, we know that the other four want/wanted out whilst Joel and Avram were holdouts so it's safe to assume that Jim will get majority control within 24-36 months and will co-own the club with the two parasite brothers.

Once we stabilise the football side and streamline it for growth we won't need too much investment but he will have the financial muscle and know-how to fund the major stadium renovations whilst the first team can take care of itself with internally generated funds.

What we need more right now is to get the first team back on track, I'd say if we could we should spend £300m on 5 or 6 first team players with talent, the right attitude and primed for growth. Make the team a fixture in the CL which should see us in play for getting one or two genuine superstars in for a title push. What we need urgently is to perfect our talent ID capabilities.
We also need enough money to buy out bad contracts for players that have no business being at United or who have the wrong attitude. It’s not gonna be cheap, but absolutely needs to be done. Adding a handful of new players into a batch of bad apples typically just turns the new players into bad apples as well.

Berbaclass

They should PPV the livestream of Arnold and Murtough getting sacked. Probably pay for the new stadium.

OleGunnar20

Agreed 100%. We've lurched from one bad short term plan to another since SAF. It's so glaringly obvious that we need to put a structure in place and start building for the future, as much as I hate to say it - Like City did all those years ago by bringing in the Barca lot.
I know I'm getting old when things like this register for me, but why do all these Journo types have to speak, with the same, stilted.. cadence.

croadyman

So are we really doing this again hanging on words of serial BS merchant Alan Nixon who probably is on banned list even for transfer rumours but he has line on this how gullible are you guys .
Nope don't believe a word he says

Infra-red

I think Conte is on record as saying it was an error to join Spurs midway through the season and that he would not repeat the mistake again. It is for that reason that he turned down De Laurentiis when he offered him the Napoli job last month

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
There's just so much work to do at United, though. And then there's Nice who have just started improving recently. Why not wait 3-4 years for your current 2 main clubs to stabilise and get better before diving into a whole new project?
Doubt they'd want to wait around, they risk getting left behind by the other consortium groups out there with portfolios of clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.