Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son

Absol

I’ll hazard a guess that nobody saw this coming!! Wonder what he knows about City’s dealings over the last few years.
Imagine if City got relegated and Pep ran here too :lol: He’s really cashed out on that state though well done to him. Could be City, Doncaster Rovers or Burnley. He wouldn’t care as long as the UAE is giving him those wads of cash.

Infra-red

Absol

I’ll hazard a guess that nobody saw this coming!! Wonder what he knows about City’s dealings over the last few years.
A lot. He's been there since 2011, having been at Barca for 8 years before that.

A City statement to The Athletic confirming the news read: “Manchester City Football Club can confirm that Omar Berrada has resigned from his role as chief football operations officer at City Football Group.
“The club understands his decision to look for a new challenge and he leaves with our thanks and best wishes.”

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
A lot. He's been there since 2011, having been at Barca for 8 years before that.

A City statement to The Athletic confirming the news read: “Manchester City Football Club can confirm that Omar Berrada has resigned from his role as chief football operations officer at City Football Group.
“The club understands his decision to look for a new challenge and he leaves with our thanks and best wishes.”
So he’s had two decades of knowing Pep’s a wrong ‘un

NWRed

Well if they actually had the money to back the levels of investment they claimed they wanted to pump into a football club, then it would almost certainly have had to have been a state backed bid.

It now looks like they didn't have the financial muscle they claimed. So maybe it wasn't a state backed bid. Just a bunch of bluffers.

Either way we should be glad they pulled out.
Or they were businessmen who weren't prepared to pay over the odds for a distressed asset, or they were state backed and not prepared to be held to ransom by a group of cnuts.

Either way apparently we should be glad we're still stuck with the Glazers leeching off us and their debt still around our necks.

Infra-red

Ok this is a great start

Very impressive
He certainly appears to be in demand - "The Athletic reported last summer that Berrada had rejected approaches for chief executive roles at a Premier League club, MLS teams and a major NFL franchise."

Castia

He certainly appears to be in demand - "The Athletic reported last summer that Berrada had rejected approaches for chief executive roles at a Premier League club, MLS teams and a major NFL franchise."
On the face of it, it looks like we’ve appointed one of the top CEO’s in sport which going from Woodward and Arnold is a million light years in the right direction

Credit to INEOS on this one.

Infra-red

On the face of it, it looks like we’ve appointed one of the top CEO’s in sport which going from Woodward and Arnold is a million light years in the right direction

Credit to INEOS on this one.
Indeed. I don't think we can expect any quick fixes, but getting the right people into the key roles is the first step to the club clawing its way out of mediocrity. Positive news, for sure.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Holy Feck . Ratcliffe and INEOS aren't messing about or wasting time :eek: .

Guessing Braislford stepping away from the cycling means Ratcliffe/INEOS want him focusing fully on United in the short/medium term

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Guessing Braislford stepping away from the cycling means Ratcliffe/INEOS want him focusing fully on United in the short/medium term
They really aren't messing about. The last regime would take 12 months to make that sort of decision and then likely decide against it.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout

I do think Ratcliffe’s age helps us here. No time to mess around just get the best you possibly can in key strategic roles.

He’s absolutely going to want to see United lift the PL within his lifetime.

C'est Moi Cantona

I had a quick look on Bluemoon about this Berada move expecting the usual rubbish, but I think it's fair to say this has shocked quite alot of them.

Last edited:

stevoc

Or they were businessmen who weren't prepared to pay over the odds for a distressed asset, or they were state backed and not prepared to be held to ransom by a group of cnuts.

Either way apparently we should be glad we're still stuck with the Glazers leeching off us and their debt still around our necks.
The same guys who kept doing press releases about many billions they had and how they were willing to pump said billions into Stadium, Traning ground and community infrastructure projects? Um, don't know about that one.

But as I said most likely state backed or bluffers, either way what we have now is by no means perfect but it's the lesser of two evils. And we can at least be glad the club won't be used as part of a state sponsored sports washing project.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Alternatively they weren't really businessmen since they couldn't negotiate a deal that the sellers wanted in the first place, even if they did have the money.

Being loud in public, shitting on the current owners, and demanding an outright sale when the Glazers didn't want that, just screamed of folk who weren't particularly smart.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
This is far too proficient for my liking.
We need something to take us back out of this positive state we find ourselves in.

BREAKING: Manchester United set to offer Victor Lindelof a new 3 year deal with the option to extend for a further year.

Matt007a

This is unexpected but I like it! We’ve hired a competent person with a genuine reputation, from our rivals, with no one in the media seemingly aware of it.

When was the last time we did something as smart and efficient as this!?

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
It is not just what they do, but how they do it. Shows the difference once competent and experienced people take over

croadyman

I said the press had no idea on incoming for new roles. He wasn't even mentioned. Likely the same with Ashworth and Mitchell.
Yeah this went completely under radar,long time since I could say that. May well mean Utd make appointments for Sporting Director and Head of Recruitment in a similar way

Status
Not open for further replies.