Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balljy

This being totally unknown to the press must mean that the usual leaker was bypassed by the decision makers at Ineos. That's a good sign, as we're usually aware of targets about 12 months before they happen...

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
This being totally unknown to the press must mean that the usual leaker was bypassed by the decision makers at Ineos. That's a good sign, as we're usually aware of targets about 12 months before they happen...
I'm still expecting that Muppetiers dickhead to post a video where he says he knew all along.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Boardroom is basically done, have the CEO now I assume everything else will be done by March-April for the planning of the new season.

Huge really since I don't think United have bad players, we arent in as bad of a state as Liverpool pre Klopp and we arent in as bad of a state of City when they got the oil money. City bought players like Benjani and Santa Cruz and started going for mid table we arent that far off.

I think when we get best in class football operations we will skirt around top 4 whilst we get newer training grounds but we will see glimmers hopefully.

No more Glazer shit show. I have seen in the clause though if the Glazers sell up them SJR is forced to sell up too.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
No more Glazer shit show. I have seen in the clause though if the Glazers sell up them SJR is forced to sell up too.
I thought this too initially but apparently if the Glazers get an offer for the rest of their shares then SJR gets the first chance to buy them, and if he doesn't do it then he has to sell his as well.

Demon Barber

I thought this too initially but apparently if the Glazers get an offer for the rest of their shares then SJR gets the first chance to buy them, and if he doesn't do it then he has to sell his as well.
Which multi-billionaire businessman would ever agree to such a clause? Unless, of course, he is intent on buying their shares?

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
“SJR has a right of first offer, if someone comes in to buyout the Glazers. So, let's say Jassim comes in a year after closing, and offers $45/share, and the Glazers agree. Well, SJR can simply jump in, say "I'll take that deal" and walk away with control of the club. The flip side of this coin, however, is that if SJR refuses to take the deal, the Glazers can drag him-- kicking and screaming-- into the sale of his shares.”

18 month window though when Glazers can’t try this. Ratcliffe will have 29% soon… needs 22% from two of the other Tweedledums.

And the thought that Ratcliffe might say “oooh, that offers a bit steep for me”? He’s worth 30Bn.

(Copied from a corporate attorney who supports United and broke down the deal. Follow him on Twitter)

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Which multi-billionaire businessman would ever agree to such a clause? Unless, of course, he is intent on buying their shares?
It certainly appears Ratcliffe's intention is to ultimately buy their shares, but it does mean if somebody else comes in and blows his offer out of the water then he'll get a significant profit on the shares that he already owns. So it's win-win for him, even if he does have a preference.

MDFC Manager

It certainly appears Ratcliffe's intention is to ultimately buy their shares, but it does mean if somebody else comes in and blows his offer out of the water then he'll get a significant profit on the shares that he already owns. So it's win-win for him, even if he does have a preference.
Yes correct. But it's a very smart clause on Jim's part. Nobody could beat his offer now, and I personally don't think anyone in the future will offer enough money to glazers at the price that Jim can't or won't match.

Likewise it's also a very secure deal for the glazers.

MDFC Manager

No way Jassim (or any other state backed bid) is coming in for more than $33/share...unless Utd win the treble next season and the season after!
Yes it's not gonna happen regardless of how well we're performing. Guess the only realistic (way cheaper) opportunity for a third party to own us, is right now - by paying the $166mn break clause.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
No way Jassim (or any other state backed bid) is coming in for more than $33/share...unless Utd win the treble next season and the season after!
Well it's been shown that footballing performance doesn't really affect the financial position certainly in the short run and most likely medium term. Look how well we have done financially despite the below average football performance?!

Share price is a perception. When united gets flipped again, you are only talking at strastopheric levels which is beyond only a handful of billionaires in the world... Or sovereign funds.

And asovereign fund would have incalculable value in United

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Buzzing for the summer transfer window now. Ratcliffe seems like the type to do business under the spotlight just like he’s shown by getting in the guy from city. Not one rumour about him. We just got him in nice and smoothly. We should be aiming to do that with signings in the summer

Amity Survivor

What will this achieve? If they have a grudge then they’ll say bad things obviously.
As with most situations the truth lies somewhere in the middle, you can’t make an informed decision just hearing one side , it’s the right way to go about things

Atheist

Surely that also means we reduce the length of contracts we hand out and the wages we pay. We can’t get rid of players because we pay too much. It should be heavily incentivized instead with performance based clauses and we should restrict all player contracts to no more than 4 years. Thats going to require tough negotiating with agents.

Infra-red

Buzzing for the summer transfer window now. Ratcliffe seems like the type to do business under the spotlight just like he’s shown by getting in the guy from city. Not one rumour about him. We just got him in nice and smoothly. We should be aiming to do that with signings in the summer
The summer window might be a bit of a strange one for United, as the key appointments (CEO, DoF, Head of Recruitment) probably won't be in place until then. Berrada presumably has a six-month notice period (based on reports of him not being available until the summer). One presumes that Ashworth (or any other DoF currently in post) will have similar. It is also not clear who the manager will be beyond the end of the season (it's doubtful that Ten Hag can survive finishing outside the CL places, which now seems likely). As we know, the planning for the summer window will usually take place in the spring (if not earlier) - the fans may need to show a little bit of patience with the club this summer as it is likely to be something of a learning exercise for those involved since they will all be new to the club. United's new player recruitment team may not be fully up to speed until next season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You would feel binning non performers was basic. The Glazers really are poison.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
What's this about?
Strangely worded post, but my interpretation of what he's trying to say is that the Glazers' incompetence, along with conflicts in the Middle East heating up recently, mean they're unlikely to get a deal done with the Qataris.

flameinthesun

Strangely worded post, but my interpretation of what he's trying to say is that the Glazers' incompetence, along with conflicts in the Middle East heating up recently, mean they're unlikely to get a deal done with the Qataris.
Yeah, I deleted my reply. I'll let the mods figure out whether its offensive or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.