Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYAS

This is just fanfiction with no basis on reality. You looked at the clouds on Venus and concluded there’s dinosaurs there.

Ten Hag himself has said he’s received assurances and that a sale would be good as it would empower him with the financial backing to do the changes he wants to.
Source?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah Keegan seems to be well connected. How about Ben Jacobs?
I'm not sure about Ben Jacobs but Keegan has gone in hard on this with a Exclusive. And thus far his report has been reliable as far as Qatari investors wanting to buy the club.

Normally the Manchester press pack are briefed by the club but this information that Keegan is reporting can only have come from a source connected to the talks surrounding a sale.

Spoony

The People's President
I'm not sure about Ben Jacobs but Keegan has gone in hard on this with a Exclusive. And thus far his report has been reliable as far as Qatari investors wanting to buy the club.

Normally the Manchester press pack are briefed by the club but this information that Keegan is reporting can only have come from a source connected to the talks surrounding a sale.
No news coming out of Saudi Arabia which is surprising considering they showed interest during the WC. I suspect we'll hear something from them soon, though. I see it as Qatar Vs Saudi.

Cloud7

I don’t understand why would anyone want to pay 2-3b just to keep the glazers in charge, especially when they showed how incompetent they are throughout the years, and the backlash that’ll happen from fans.. obviously this is my simplistic view, but I just can’t see it happening that way.
Everytime I see a story about a partial sale I try to reassure myself by telling myself this. The thought of them sticking around is the worst possible outcome.

Marcelinho87

The Glazers have no interest in remaining, they are just countering the news that potential buyers don't believe their value of the club - it's a game of chess one side trying to extract more and the other trying to deflate the price somewhat.

AneRu

He seems to be the journalist tasked with making it clear that there is a distinction between the group in for us and QSI. For them to so invested in establishing this fact it means they are confident that this is the only hurdle they will have to jump in their bid.

Strootman's Finger

The Glazers have shown over an 18 year period that they have very little regard for what United fans think or feel.
I wouldn't put it past them to purposely pick the offer that is worse off for United in a footballing sense, especially since it now seems like the family being harassed by United fans is a factor in the sale.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
People need to understand that Qatar doesn't even need sportswashing. They're already very integrated in the Western hemisphere of doing business. What they need is a global exposure, they want their name out there and more eyes on their country and companies in order to become a future tourist hub in order to compete with Dubai since they are slowly diversifying away from oil and gas. It has nothing to do with 'sportswashing', it's simple business. I guess sportswashing would still follow, but the Qataris genuinely do not give a feck what some randoms think on a United forum about them, they already have the ears of the world leaders. What they want from the random Joe's is simple: "hey son, there's this place where you could spend your money on and have a good time."
Sounds like sportwashing.

Which they already did by a lot when Nicholas Sarkozy was the intermediate for them to buy PSG and get the 2022 WC.

OverratedOpinion

Would we be seeing such reports if Raine was confident of a Qatari bid that would blow everyone else outta the water?

Once again we get back to the reality that, so far, only Ineos has confirmed it's interest. Additionally, it is fairly clear Ineos isn't looking to pay £5 billion for United.

Interesting how £5 billion is the new figure. Only a couple of days ago people in the media were saying the mystery Qatari bid would be between £6-8 billion. :rolleyes:
Don't you find it odd that a big part of your post is pointing to the unreliability of "the media" yet the thing you are using to support your point is a report from "the media"?

OverratedOpinion

I am far from an expert on ME rich people but I had interaction with them through my previous line of work. They came across as very proud and generous people. However they do value the opinion of others. They will pay loads of money for luxury but they won't be taken to the cleaners as that might make them look silly among their peers.
Can you tell us more about your interactions with middle Eastern billionaires and how it's informed you of how they all view spending their money?

Sviken

Sounds like sportwashing.

Which they already did by a lot when Nicholas Sarkozy was the intermediate for them to buy PSG and get the 2022 WC.
Sportswashing would imply they need to clean their image or something. What they want is very different - more exposure to their country. The WC was for the same reason.

croadyman

Because on paper it’s competely seperate. Quite easy really. If they go for it and they win the bid it won’t be an issue.
Intrigued to hear what the other Utd journos say on this idea,where is Luckhurst as have heard nothing since this broke on Tuesday

Balljy

That feels like trouble and years of court cases if they try to attempt dual ownership

Rojofiam

Can't see how this is possible
Hopefully it isn't...we should be aspiring to be self-sustaining, well-run giant, like Madrid or Bayern...instead we'll be a plastic, nothing club like City or PSG whose achievements will mean nothing in reality.

prateik

The point about the 2 Red Bull clubs is valid..
Dont want it though.. Can someone convince Tim Cook to bid?

croadyman

Hopefully it isn't...we should be aspiring to be self-sustaining, well-run giant, like Madrid or Bayern...instead we'll be a plastic, nothing club like City or PSG whose achievements will mean nothing in reality.
I have no issue with being run like them,well minus the fake sponsorships of course

Status
Not open for further replies.