Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

1. They are horrible people to say the least

2. Unlimited funds, bankrolled by a rich nation
Do you know these people personally or like the majority of Ratcliffe supporters are you tarnishing every Qatari with same brush

Sviken

Hopefully it isn't...we should be aspiring to be self-sustaining, well-run giant, like Madrid or Bayern...instead we'll be a plastic, nothing club like City or PSG whose achievements will mean nothing in reality.
Difference is that Bayern and Madrid play in league's where... there's no real competition to their hegemony (aside from Barcelona in Madrid's case). They have the luxury of picking the best talents of their respective leagues and dominating it financially. We're not that fortunate, are we? And quite frankly, I don't even want it for I cannot understand what joy Bayern fans derive from their team winning in such a league. It seems pointless.

OverratedOpinion

1. They are horrible people to say the least

2. Unlimited funds, bankrolled by a rich nation
1. So? It is almost assured that unless we have fan ownership we will be owned by people with morals that are highly questionable.

2. Shock horror, an owner who can actually afford to invest in the infrastructure of the club. I am sure we can be more than competitive in the transfer marker with our substantial means alone, we have been amongst the highest spenders in Europe despite being stripped of over a billion. This isn't a typical sugar daddy situation.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Hopefully it isn't...we should be aspiring to be self-sustaining, well-run giant, like Madrid or Bayern...instead we'll be a plastic, nothing club like City or PSG whose achievements will mean nothing in reality.
This is an extremely bad take which takes no account of the fact Madrid have been as corrupt as they come over the years and would do it again without a thought.

pascell

Imagine being a Liverpool fan and having to see a United dominate again.
Wouldn't speak too soon, they're going to get the cast off of whoever doesn't buy us. Given there's reportedly 4-5 groups willing to pay at least £4bn for us, Liverpool are going to land themselves an owner willing to spend also, which will be Klopps wet dream.

Godfather

That feels like trouble and years of court cases if they try to attempt dual ownership
Not at all. Was absolutely no problem for Leipzig and Salzburg which happen to be owned by the exact same company. Just need some proper lawyers on it and it will be done in a few weeks

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Eh? Weren’t they bailed out by the Spanish Government if memory serves me correctly?

croadyman

Wouldn't speak too soon, they're going to get the cast off of whoever doesn't buy us. Given there's reportedly 4-5 groups willing to pay at least £4bn for us, Liverpool are going to land themselves an owner willing to spend also, which will be Klopps wet dream.
Long as we can do same I am happy

RedDevilRoshi

Not at all. Was absolutely no problem for Leipzig and Salzburg which happen to be owned by the exact same company. Just need some proper lawyers on it and it will be done in a few weeks
Agree which doesn’t add up at all why UEFA would block this if it was the same entity whilst RB are allowed to own both Salzburg & Leipzig. Although the reports in
Jackson’s article states that they are separate Qatari investment groups.

Godfather

Agree which doesn’t add up at all why UEFA would block this if it was the same entity whilst RB are allowed to own both Salzburg & Leipzig. Although the reports in
Jackson’s article states that they are separate Qatari investment groups.
They will want to be on the safe side. If it's two different investment groups or a consortium of different investment groups owning us or even just different front men I don't see an issue here.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Can you tell us more about your interactions with middle Eastern billionaires and how it's informed you of how they all view spending their money?
We catered for VIPs coming to London which of course included ME rich people. That including booking hotel rooms, organise events, making sure everything ran smoothly on a day to day basis and tackle any issues that might crop out during that time. I always fount them as very demanding but fair & generous people who struggle to accept no for an answer. However they are also very knowledgeable as well and they wouldn't like being taken to the cleaners. For example they don't mind paying 50k per day for luxury accommodation if booked last minute but if they book ahead especially in what they perceive as off season then they will expect that the price would reflect that even though they literally had money to burn. Their reply would be 'Did Mr X payed the amount you're asking?" Which show that they would know who went there, how much that person paid and were concerned that word might go out that they overpaid.

If the Glazers are asking silly money to them then they better have a very valid explanation as of why they are asking for that much. Also a botched deal might ruin any potential deal they might do in the future

OverratedOpinion

We catered for VIPs coming to London which of course included ME rich people. That including booking hotel rooms, organise events, making sure everything ran smoothly on a day to day basis and tackle any issues that might crop out during that time. I always fount them as very demanding but fair & generous people who struggle to accept no for an answer. However they are also very knowledgeable as well and they wouldn't like being taken to the cleaners. For example they don't mind paying 50k per day for luxury accommodation if booked last minute but if they book ahead especially in what they perceive as off season then they will expect that the price would reflect that even though they literally had money to burn. Their reply would be 'Did Mr X payed the amount you're asking?" Which show that they would know who went there, how much that person paid and were concerned that word might go out that they overpaid.
Do you believe that all brown people have a similar view to how they spend their money was basically what I was asking? Do people from Scandanavia all spend their money the same way?

Have you dealt directly with the Qatari's who are looking to bid for United?

Balljy

Yeah, I realise it's been done previously but this is on a different scale. The problem for UEFA if they allow it with United and PSG is that the rule is basically meaningless and they can actually buy whoever they want as long as they put a dummy company as a front on the bid.

NYAS

Yeah, I realise it's been done previously but this is on a different scale. The problem for UEFA if they allow it with United and PSG is that the rule is basically meaningless and they can actually buy whoever they want as long as they put a dummy company as a front on the bid.
Ceferin and Nasser have an extremely strong relationship so they’ll figure it out in a way that ensures the rule stays in place, but doesn’t block our participation in UEFA competitions.

Yik

My two cents on being owned by the Emir as someone who grew up in the Middle East but now lives in Manchester and goes to all the games: it wouldn't sit right with me; its a Faustian Pact for sure. We'd be monstrous with Qatari money maybe even become the Bayern Munich of England, especially if City are KO'd by the Premier League. Brand, spanking new 100k stadium(with a roof that doesnt leak!) with world class facilities, a dream team and us going back to how it was in 99 or 08. Maybe even getting a chance to do over Liverpool 5-0 at their dump! Would it feel hollow? Definitely. I grew up supporting United cos we won a lot I'll admit but now I just want us to play well and just be among the best teams. Ineos are hardly paragons of virtue but I think they'd keep us competitive and prob get the stadium works done too so on balance I'd be happier with them as owners. Deffo take the Qataris over VC bros like Boehly and co though.

Zippycup

My two cents on being owned by the Emir as someone who grew up in the Middle East but now lives in Manchester and goes to all the games: it wouldn't sit right with me; its a Faustian Pact for sure. We'd be monstrous with Qatari money maybe even become the Bayern Munich of England, especially if City are KO'd by the Premier League. Brand, spanking new 100k stadium(with a roof that doesnt leak!) with world class facilities, a dream team and us going back to how it was in 99 or 08. Maybe even getting a chance to do over Liverpool 5-0 at their dump! Would it feel hollow? Definitely. I grew up supporting United cos we won a lot I'll admit but now I just want us to play well and just be among the best teams. Ineos are hardly paragons of virtue but I think they'd keep us competitive and prob get the stadium works done too so on balance I'd be happier with them as owners. Deffo take the Qataris over VC bros like Boehly and co though.
Sounds good to me.
I think the difference is in regards to city is that it'll be our own money bring that success.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Sounds good to me.
I think the difference is in regards to city is that it'll be our own money bring that success.
If City get punished don't think any new buyer would take the risk of trying any funny business. Difference between us and City is that we have always been able to generate our own money. Why would that need to change. It is more we need a set up that will buy the right players, we seem to be getting that mainly right now as well.

Last edited:

Yik

Sounds good to me.
Yeah for sure. It still boils my piss to think about how the Glazers didnt back us back in 2009 when Ronaldo left. We've got the makings of a CL winning team I think honestly. I'd be okay with the occasional sighting of royalty lording it over sitting in OT if it meant Licha and Marcus and Bruno get to lift the CL:drool:

Godfather

They can't just change their rulings based on the scale of the investment. We have a clear precedent with Red Bull and for that reason should know what is demanded.

Yik

How much are these Qatari owners worth?
Whatever the price of natural gas is these days multiplied by billions of cubic feet multiplied by the number of years of reserves they have left! Its probably more than a trillion dollars I'd say since the GDP of Qatar basically is their wealth!

Status
Not open for further replies.