Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossy1686

career ending
I genuinely don't understand how any United fan who has been calling Chelsea and City plastic clubs for years can be rooting for fecking Saudi blood money. Hypocrisy of the highest order.
We still have a rich history within football regardless of how much money we have or who we're owned by. Or did you think plastic meant something else?

Irrational.

Malcom Glazer is the equivalent of Cell in Dragonball Z, with his kids the annoying Cell Jrs. Hope they all just feck off for good with their share of the £5 billion+.

Dex_Utd

where do you draw the line between the club's money and fake money?
Yes I know our revenue is self sustainable. But unfortunately I don't get to draw this line. Does anyone even know or care what City could have generated on their own and what their owners put in? Everything will get tainted. Any 100 million player we buy will be because of oil (or gas).

Chief123

Can Qatar compete with Todd Boehly? Just saw Chelsea are going for Bellingham and Osihmen in the summer
The question would be how long can Boehly survive against the Qataris. Boehly and co are an investment group. Their spending has a limit which also needs to see a return.

Rawls

You'll never find, that microfilm of mine
It can make a big difference in players choosing to play for us.

Just look at what Ronaldo was saying publicly about our training ground. Hasn't been updated since he left the club!

How can that stand for a club of our level? The Glazers haven't invested anywhere. It could be the 10% difference we need.
Even with the current infrastructure, we're a massively improved team compared to last season so I think recruitment is a much bigger driver of success than infrastructure. City might have very impressive infrastructure but they also spend very well, offer very high wages, play a good brand, and win a lot; I think those are all bigger reasons why players go there than their infrastructure.

SirAF

Ageist
I genuinely don't understand how any United fan who has been calling Chelsea and City plastic clubs for years can be rooting for fecking Saudi blood money. Hypocrisy of the highest order.
So? You work with what’s in front of you.

crossy1686

career ending
The difference being (as dodgy as it sounds) in this instance the buyer and the seller would effectively be the same people. The Qataris can choose whatever transfer fee they like for a transfer between the two clubs.
I'm hoping we sell Martial to PSG for £500m. Sounds a fair price in the current market.

hp88

Can Qatar compete with Todd Boehly? Just saw Chelsea are going for Bellingham and Osihmen in the summer
Even with Oil money I can’t see us going into full muppet mode, ETH and the board seem to have some sort of recruitment strategy in place now. What will change though is ETH won’t have to worry about missing out on a player again.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think a lot of people are forgetting that all club signings have to be from club generated money. There's no sugar daddy spending spree if that's what you're hoping for.

What they can invest in is the infrastructure.

Still don't want the Saudis or Qatar. Being used as a marketing tool to sportswash their nations doesn't appeal no matter their bank balance.

stevoc

They haven' said jack shit about the current debt being paid off, I'm weary of that. And although INEOS would burden the loan, it doesn't mean United won't be paying it. How are INEOS shareholders going to feel about a £5b loan at their expense?
There's only 3 of them, Jim owns 66% of the company.

How exactly would United service the debt on a £5 Billion loan? What would the yearly interest payments be?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think a lot of people are forgetting that all club signings have to be from club generated money. There's no sugar daddy spending spree if that's what you're hoping for.

Still don't want the Saudis or Qatar. Being used as a marketing tool to sportswash their nations doesn't appeal no matter their bank balance.
Guess what. In our case. That’s a lot of money anyway.

Appletonred

Utd under Qatari ownership allows the club to operate at its highest level, completely debt free, if this goes through it is a shattering blow to every rival club.

AndySmith1990

cyberman

Is that before or after they found out the Qataris had no interest in them?
That’s after their biggest rivals are linked with oil money.
I’d try to convince myself that the moral high ground was enough if faced against that as well.
Liverpool fans with oil money would make my life hell. They didn’t give a feck about advantages when beating us 5-0 with Ole in charge and the Glazers bleeding us dry.
give them Citys success and I’d honestly just give up

clarkydaz

Yes I know our revenue is self sustainable. But unfortunately I don't get to draw this line. Does anyone even know or care what City could have generated on their own and what their owners put in? Everything will get tainted. Any 100 million player we buy will be because of oil (or gas).
considering what we spent on the likes of Pogba, Maguire, Anthony etc you need to make it a bit more convincing

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I’d try to convince myself that the moral high ground was enough if faced against that as well.
Liverpool fans with oil money would make my life hell. They didn’t give a feck about advantages when beating us 5-0 with Ole in charge and the Glazers bleeding us dry.
Yes.

PoTMS

One of the things most baffling in this thread is the idea that Liverpool fans would be gutted. Maybe gutted their rivals are just a play thing, but I think they’ll be ecstatic overall. I’d piss myself (but feel slightly sorry for the fanbase) if Liverpool were owned by Qatar.
Ha. Rest assured, you'd be in the minority.

jm99

The difference being (as dodgy as it sounds) in this instance the buyer and the seller would effectively be the same people. The Qataris can choose whatever transfer fee they like for a transfer between the two clubs.
I meant more if he runs his contract down, that's one thing I wouldn't approve of, the clubs should be run independently of each other, and psg selling mbappe to us for a tenner is totally against any kind of fairness

Chief123

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=353230.11280

They’re here talking about how oil money isn’t worth it.
You just need to read their Utd dedicated thread. They are in complete meltdown at the thought of the Qatari’s buying us. Lots of comfort and hopium posting. Not a single person is ecstatic about it. In fact they are becoming dismissive of even following football anymore.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=344488.43120

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
There is so much incorrect stuff being said on this thread, it's doing my head in.

I'm not saying he buys Utd but if Sir Jim does, it won't be a Leveraged Buy-Out. Instead, Ineos will take out a loan and purchase Utd. The risk sits entirely with Ineos, not with Utd. Any attempt to suggest otherwise is either disingenuous or deeply misinformed.
Alleluja! Somebody who gets it!

Giggsyking

What’s the English equivalent of Staddoha?
Its only a sport media platform. So only sports journalists, unlike Bein/Aljazeera. Its not as reliable as Al/Jazeera in general but Majid is very well connected with everybody. Remember, Qatar is a very small country and people in sports know each other very well. He wouldnt tweet about that if he did not know they already bid.

georgipep

Where would City be without the money invested by UAE? Where will Manchester United be in 5 years whether it’s Qatar or Ratcliffe? The size of the club, it’s history and revenues means we will compete towards the top regardless as we have still done under owners who have leached 1.5bn out of the club. City are entirely dependent - we aren’t. They’re clearly entirely different things. And for the record I want Jim.
We will have sold our club and souls for shiny trinkets and headlines.

Hope you enjoy them.

jm99

Look how much we've been able to spend while servicing debt and paying dividends to these greedy feckers, we'd have 200m available every year minimum

crossy1686

career ending
Exactly :lol:

I didn’t want her anyway…
:lol: Tell me about it, look at this. From RAWK:

If United get oil money, along with Newcastle, City and Chelsea….the top 4 will be a closed shop.
Hopefully they get Sir Jim…:)
Message: Honestly mate, the way these fans are talking you'd think the season had ended and Liverpool was totally and utterly finished. Now history may prove them to be right in the end, but I still believe there is life in this season, this Liverpool side, and in Jurgen Klopp as a top-class manager.

Response: Not just that, but are they not hearing the oil money that's coming our way? Are they blind and stupid?
We all Know FSG won’t give Klopp the backing he requires in the summer to rebuild the squad. With Qatar pulling out it leaves us in a tricky situation. There been rumours of the Oracle owner who’s another American. However he gives large sums to the Israeli occupation in Palestine. So arguably as bad if not worse than a sportswasher. The other thing is how do we know a middle-eastern owner would be a sportswasher we don’t. It’s stereotypical to suggest Middle East instantly means sportswasher. Whoever Owns us will have opposition. I’m not sure how a minority investment will help us as a club.
Interesting that United could be sold to Qatar.

Not sure where that leaves us….people wanting big investment this summer are going to be very disappointed.

mu4c_20le

I'm sure you are stronger than that. They won the league + CL doing it the right way and you still didn't give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.