Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Hilarious. Have you seen their wage bill at all. Go on, google it and compare to the rest. Marry that with how ineptly they are generally run. The whole way Mpappe was given a new contract and power. The hiring and firing of managers and DOF. Don't want them anywhere near us.
What is so hilarious about it? Have you looked at their squad? Maybe its you who should be googling it. They are not bad owners at all and have allowed football decisions to be taken by football people.

pratyush_utd

The FT article: "Sheikh Jassim Bin Hamad Al Thani, the chairman of one of Qatar’s biggest banks has bid for Manchester United.

Al Thani, son of former Qatari prime minister Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, confirmed his offer for the English football club in a statement to the Financial Times.

Sheikh Hamad Bin-Jaber al-Thani was one of Qatar’s most powerful figures in the late 1990s and 2000s, serving as prime minister and foreign minister.

The bid plans to return the Club to its former glories both on and off the pitch, and – above all – will seek to place the fans at the heart of Manchester United Football Club once more.

The bid will be completely debt free via Sheikh Jassim’s Nine Two Foundation, which will look to invest in the football teams, the training centre, the stadium and wider infrastructure, the fan experience and the communities the Club supports."
This sounds good.

caid

I haven't read much of this thread, but I keep seeing reminders from the mods on keeping it respectful. Who is it we're protecting here?
The mods sanity primarily i'd say. Everyone though, its an emotive topic and easy enough to upset people as he said.

FujiVice

Foundation 92 was formed by Beckham, Gary Neville, Giggs, Scholes, Butt and Phil Neville. I wonder who gave then that idea to invest in that charity?

LordSpud

Radcliffe... over to you. Lets see how bad you really want our club.
Imteresting the Qatar bid call it sportswashing or whatever but they are saying all the right things. We know absolutely nothing about Ratcliffe's bid or plans.

dove

Yeah. So how will we buy players, etc. if all profit goes to the community? Strange PR post.
That tweet doesn't make much sense but if I had to guess, some kind of pledge? So wouldn't come from the club's money but from their foundation.

IWat

Dont get me wrong, the drivel being posted in response is no better either, but the problem here is that this isnt an absolute situation.

There are pros and cons to any ownership model that could come in, and its impossible to boil this down to ‘European Consortium good, Middle East bad’ as people seem to be trying to do here.

It just seems to be a very extreme reaction to take the stance that if ME ownership comes in thats the point where people step away from the club, especially when as I stated they will just go away and line ME pockets in a multitude of other ways.

Its also not worth arguing for nearly 500 pages on something where both opposing sides are clearly flawed in said arguments, but thats another story altogether!
The other products thing is a bit of false dilemma. I buy petrol because I need it in order to work and thus survive. I don't take time out of my week to watch it for hours, look out for it in the news or cheer on their quarterly financial statements.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Can we now ban that ‘journalist’ that claimed Qatar was only interest in partial investment and he was reliable because he lived there for a few years.

He was also horrendous on transfers all summer.

mu4c_20le

Imteresting the Qatar bid call it sportswashing or whatever but they are saying all the right things. We know absolutely nothing about Ratcliffe's bid or plans.
Aren't they just saying the bare minimum? We all knew they aren't in this for the profit, won't be taking out money, won't be leaving a debt. Only part they left out was backing the manager in the summer.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
feck this, if Qatar are just going to put all the profit into the community how are we going to buy players?

this is worse than the glazers!!!

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Genuinely curious, will any of our players oppose Qatari ownership and hand in a transfer request? I doubt so.

I am so disillusioned with the role and integrity of sport in general and the blatant disregard by governing bodies for using sport as a tool to enact tangible social change.

Instead what we have is some strange concoction of manipulative capitalist logic and toxic masculinity.

While the moral standards of football continue to decay much like every other sport, I’m still watching and following the sport I love because I too am a hypocrite.

pratyush_utd

Genuinely curious, will any of our players oppose Qatari ownership and hand in a transfer request? I doubt so.

I am so disillusioned with the role and integrity of sport in general and the blatant disregard by governing bodies for using sport as a tool to enact tangible social change.

Instead what we have is some strange concoction of manipulative capitalist logic and toxic masculinity.

While the moral standards of football continue to decay much like every other sport, I’m still watching and following the sport I love because I too am a hypocrite.
No chance whatsoever.

Tibs

YEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Glazers, please accept, and feck the feck off!

Status
Not open for further replies.