g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
"The bid will be completely debt free via Sheikh Jassim's Nine Two Foundation" -- from the statement. There is no such Foundation owned/funded by Sheikh Jassim at this time, or at least in the public record as far as before this statement. So it is something to be set up.
Interesting. This is clearly the entity that’s being created outside of QIA/QSI to bid that was rumoured. Assuming he called it that as a reference to class of 92 then.

Suv666

No wonder Glazers have been so uninterested in Utd. Not bothering with a proper dof or board room changes.

The feckers must have been planning to jump ship for years.

So glad they'll be gone.

cyberman

Interesting. This is clearly the entity that’s being created outside of QIA/QSI to bid that was rumoured. Assuming he called it that as a reference to class of 92 then.
Class of 92 is one of the most successful hype jobs in football history

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
They are desperate to buy the club aren't they?
I think they're literally tying themselves to the class of 92. Not just referencing them, but actually giving all profits to this foundation that already exists which was founded by Co92.

For all people can say about them, you can't argue that they are much smarter than the Glazers.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Will the leeches accept 4.5b?

"We didn't receive a viable offer. We'll continue to develop the club and are in it for the long haul. A lick of paint for Old Trafford and a new swimming pool are in the works!"

DownRiver

He is a man utd fan for sure, its evident via creating a 92 foundation. He also was educated in England like his younger brother (current ruler) and is said to be a manutd fan by Jacobs

Withnail

Look if they are terrible people tied to the control of an acceptable state get the government to ban them like Abramovich. Won't hear a complaint from me. But I've never heard of any of these guys and twitter can't seem to tell if it's the Kings brother or a random banker.

Geopolitics is million miles above my pay grade, all I can look at is what each of the heartless foreign billionaires are offering in their pitch for the club. The fit and proper owner test should be well above the input of random fans.
United price tag is approx 5% of Qatar's GDP. Qatar is an absolute monarchy's. There's absolutely no chance it's a random banker who's unconnected to the regime.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The original statement is in English. They're naming the legal vehicle with which they intend to make the acquisition, like the Glazers had (or maybe still have ) Red Football Ltd/LLC or whatever it was called.
Ah okay. The way some of those tweets were worded were as if they were tying themselves to the class of 92s foundation

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This the extract from the FT live blog I mentioned.

Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad bin Jaber Al Thani, the chairman of one of Qatar’s biggest banks, has bid for Manchester United.

Al Thani, son of former Qatari prime minister Hamad bin Jassim bin Jaber Al Thani, confirmed his offer for the English football club in a statement to the Financial Times.

Sheikh Hamad Bin-Jaber al-Thani, known as HBJ, was one of Qatar’s most powerful figures in the late 1990s and 2000s, serving as prime minister and foreign minister.

As Qatar used its gas riches to snap up trophy assets in the 2000s, he head the Qatar Investment Authority and was the face of a spending spree that take stakes in the Shard, Chelsea Barracks, Canary Wharf, the London Stock Exchange, the Berkeley and the Connaught hotels in London.

However, his influence waned when Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al Thani shocked the Gulf by abdicating and handing power over to his son, Sheikh Tamim, the current emir, in 2013. HBJ was sidelined and replaced as prime minister and head of the QIA, the sovereign wealth fund.

“The bid plans to return the Club to its former glories both on and off the pitch, and – above all – will seek to place the fans at the heart of Manchester United Football Club once more,” a statement from Al Thani said.

“The bid will be completely debt free via Sheikh Jassim’s Nine Two Foundation, which will look to invest in the football teams, the training centre, the stadium and wider infrastructure, the fan experience and the communities the Club supports.”

Spoony

The People's President
I think they're literally tying themselves to the class of 92. Not just referencing them, but actually giving all profits to this foundation that already exists which was founded by Co92.

For all people can say about them, you can't argue that they are much smarter than the Glazers.
Clearly they want to say the right things. Not sure what this foundation would use the cash for mind.

LordSpud

I mean straight away I'm loving it. Imagine if the Glazers had created something akin to this 9 2 Foundation years ago? Its what fans of the club have yearned to hear for quite a while.

TsuWave

4.5B and 1 penny!
that's the way Arsenal tried to buy Suarez, no? Think it was a £1 instead of a penny though

Happy for the people who feel excited by this. Sad for the people who feel the club they support won’t feel like the club the supported anymore
Owner that takes money from the club, good? Owner that puts money into the club, bad?

Infra-red

Didn't think it would be lead by one person, surprised by that. Or would Jassim Bin Hamad Al Thani be the face of it?
He's just the face. His personal net worth is in the millions rather than billions and QIB are a small bank, in business terms only about 10% the size of Ineos, for example. Neither he nor the bank could afford United, so it will be state funds.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Simon hinting at full sale being likely scenario

No way partial investment is going to make the shareholders this much money

predator

Youth NITK
Would we be richer than City?

It's not even the expensive signings I'm most excited about. Its improvements we will see to our infrastructure such as Carrington, OT and hopefully something similar to the Etihad campus is built to rejuvenate the local area around OT. This can be very good for Manchester as a city.

atkar83

I don't want an asterisk next to any trophies we win in the future and this looks like a good way to get an asterisk next to any trophies we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.