Club Sale | It’s done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telsim

I think it's naive in the extreme to believe nearly anything the Qataris say. They might preach to be Utd fans and they'll give you this spiel about investing in the club but it's really just PR to try and win over fans. These people talk about investing in the women's team despite the fact their record of treating women is absolutely horrendous. Why would anyone believe a word they say?
You don't have to believe it, because it's already happened. They invested massively into PSG's women team, which led them to I think 2 championship titles. They also moved to a much better stadium and training facilities.

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
Unfortunately for Jim it seems like he will be taking on the clubs debt rather than wiping it, there are other aspects as well such as debt in regards to owed transfers.

Its unfortunate but hes been blown out of the water in both promise and fee.

RaulitoElCrack

Please choose Qatar.

Can't wait for Mbappe, kimmich, bellingham, hakimi and kvaratshkelia in the summer.

Vapor trail

Everything about Ratcliffe’s bid so far has warning signs of not really changing our situation much. Debt is debt, wrapping it INEOS gift paper doesn’t inspire confidence.
Also the confirmation absolutely ridiculous. Putting Manchester back in Manchester United :lol:. Ratcliff at this point would be a disappointment on the basis of that statement.

redshaw

Sir Jim is quite old. I do wonder about his children and the Ineos group, what happens when Jim passes away, do we just get sold to Qatar anyway. Is there any interest or affiliation in United after Jim from his family or business? They could have zero interest in carrying United on, been born in London or Monaco I don't know, might want to back other sports/clubs or companies and sell us on in 5-10 years time?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Qatar: we'll make United what it should be and spend loads of dough.

Ratcliffe: Take back control of the Manchester in Manchester United.

Yeah, feck off.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
I think it's naive in the extreme to believe nearly anything the Qataris say. They might preach to be Utd fans and they'll give you this spiel about investing in the club but it's really just PR to try and win over fans. These people talk about investing in the women's team despite the fact their record of treating women is absolutely horrendous. Why would anyone believe a word they say?

Its called sportswashing. Foremost they are dictators and want to keep power by establishing good relations with the west. Investment in the west is the best for this. most recently we have seen gulf states invest in sport, spending big money to get the F1 to Saudi Arabia, competing with the PGA tour by having an alternate tour where the money is better.

Sure they will hang homosexuals in their home country and whip women who leave the house with their knees showing. But they will gladly invest in women's football and allow the vessel club to promote LGBTQ rights, even if it is disingenuous.

Money goes a long way in having someone forfeit their moral conviction. Although after City and Newcastle accepted got taken over by Arabian dictatorships, its pretty much cut the grass for other premier league clubs to have their own dictator.

As for me, never will I surrender to the taliban. Arsenal & British till I die. No shit 350m for Neymar would ever cause me to forget who I am.

Castia

Red flags all over that Ratcliffe bid isnt there

The whole 'putting Manchester back into the club' sounds desperate as well

Thanks Jim if they're wasn't other offers available it would have been better than the Glazers but no thanks

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Sir Jim is quite old. I do wonder about his children and the Ineos group, what happens when Jim passes away, do we just get sold to Qatar anyway. Is there any interest or affiliation in United after Jim from his family or business? They could have zero interest in carrying United on, been born in London or Monaco I don't know, might want to back other sports/clubs or companies and sell us on in 5-10 years time?
For a possible scenario, see what happened with the tragic death of the Leicester owner.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
We'll still have a debt under Radcliffe even if the borrowing is against INEOs. Just means the current debt won't be added to and will still be there
Yeah that's a pretty shallow argument, they'll still need to pull money from the club to pay Ineos' debt. While it won't show directly in United's accounting, it'll still be there.

AlPistacho

The Ratcliffe bid is, for me, frankly insulting.
Debt in the billions. No commitment to the stadium, he’ll be answering to Wallstreet ( us investment ). People didn’t want US investment to buy us, this is what the Ratcliff bid is.

kaku06

Vulgarian
These are the guys responsible for the human rights violations in building the world cup. All is forgiven, as sportswashing is alive and well in the city of Manchester.
Stadium Name - Emirates stadium
Shirt sponsor - Fly emirates
Total money gobbled up by Arsenal - £200m

Arsenal fans over the years - “kroenke out” “Spend the fecking money”. The same blood money taken from Middle East, buys you Jesus, zinchenko, partey etc and makes you sit at the top. Amazing innit?

mav_9me

I am very wary of the Qataris for fear of return to the days of Woodward: we are man United, we can buy anyone.

Spoony

The People's President
Its called sportswashing. Foremost they are dictators and want to keep power by establishing good relations with the west. Investment in the west is the best for this. most recently we have seen gulf states invest in sport, spending big money to get the F1 to Saudi Arabia, competing with the PGA tour by having an alternate tour where the money is better.

Sure they will hang homosexuals in their home country and whip women who leave the house with their knees showing. But they will gladly invest in women's football and allow the vessel club to promote LGBTQ rights, even if it is disingenuous.

Money goes a long way in having someone forfeit their moral conviction. Although after City and Newcastle accepted got taken over by Arabian dictatorships, its pretty much cut the grass for other premier league clubs to have their own dictator.

As for me, never will I surrender to the taliban. Arsenal & British till I die. No shit 350m for Neymar would ever cause me to forget who I am.

:lol:

Lay off the drink.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I can imagine an intern at INEOS writing "putting Manchester back to Manchester United" last minute in their bid proposal with shaky hands because he knew nothing else what to put in there. It's so easy to just say stuffs like improving facilities and preserving the roots of the club instead. Wtf is putting Manchester to Manchester United? Manchester Manchester United?

LordSpud

Get back to the Football Forum you and focus on your lot not bottling it further

Ottawa MLS Fan

Sounds like that because of the word “fresh”! Red alert for me.
Hmm, that sounds like a red flag. I was assuming that Jim was going to clear the existing debt and load the debt for the purchase on INEOS. If the Glazer’s levered debt is staying, I can’t support Jim’s bid (not that it will make any difference).

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
They’re getting their asking price. I’m team Jim but his PR game is fecking awful. Qatar guy releases a statement saying he will clear the debt, put the fans at the heart of the club, invest any profits into the community and invest significantly in infrastructure…Jim leaks to sources that he will put the Manchester back in Manchester with no ADDITIONAL debt. That’s it. Come on! Get in the fecking game ffs.

Castia

I am very wary of the Qataris for fear of return to the days of Woodward: we are man United, we can buy anyone.

If they're smart the first thing they do is employ a world class recruitment setup

I mean working at Manchester United with unlimited funds must be one of the most desirable jobs in football for a new team coming in we should be able to tempt anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.